Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Comey fired
(10-06-2017 01:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 01:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Even Alan Dershowitz, Harvard Legal Scholar, liberal, Hillary supporter has come out and said Trump did nothing illegal and used his constitutional power as head of the executive branch.

Doesn't have to be illegal to be impeachable.

And here is the irony, the right actually would have been correct in impeaching Bill if he had lied about a legal investigation. Problem was Monica was consensual sex so the courts really had no right to demand he testify against himself in that.

I'd say Trump's behavior goes way beyond mere consensual sex.

It does not have to be illegal to paint a broader picture of danger or incompetence.

America elected at a minimum, an incompetent idiot, and Trump is literally like hiring a Janitor at a hospital to conduct neurosurgery. I think Trump is a smart con artist, but not a wise diplomat.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 02:33 PM
(10-06-2017 02:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 02:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I guess what I was getting at was there has to be some type of crime, whether on the books as a law or not. The congress would determine the "crime." But its not like they can just make something up and call it a high crime or misdemeanor. Has to be something that is commonly known as a high crime.

I've read about 25 of Dershowitz's books. Saved myself $50,000 on tuition.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 02:36 PM
(10-06-2017 02:33 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Good for you, remind me not to invest your strip mall "University" you'd sucker people like Trump did with his.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 02:42 PM
(10-06-2017 01:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Even Alan Dershowitz, Harvard Legal Scholar, liberal, Hillary supporter has come out and said Trump did nothing illegal and used his constitutional power as head of the executive branch.

Lawrence Tribe, also a Harvard law professor, does not agree with Dershowitz.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/th...ssors-cant

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2017, 02:51 PM
(10-06-2017 02:33 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Ah, so that's why you're too arrogant to bother to spend 10 seconds to make sure you're not making a fool of yourself before you post. Guess that says something about Dershowitz. Don't seem worth reading to me if that's all I'm going to get out of it.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-06-2017, 02:54 PM
(10-06-2017 02:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Lawrence Tribe, also a Harvard law professor, does not agree with Dershowitz.

That was true when the article was written in May. This article focuses on the firing of Comey as obstruction. Dershowitz's comments yesterday are focusing on the comments to Comey about Flynn, an entirely different set of parameters. Before Comey testified that Trump wasn't under investigation. How can Trump be guilty of obstructing justice on a case that doesn't even exist?

Indeed, Trump would be guilty of obstruction if he fired the FBI director to stop an investigation into himself. However now we know from Comey himself that the FBI was not even investigating Trump, and he had indeed told Trump that 3 times.

10-06-2017, 03:14 PM
(10-06-2017 02:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 02:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Lawrence Tribe, also a Harvard law professor, does not agree with Dershowitz.

That was true when the article was written in May. This article focuses on the firing of Comey as obstruction. Dershowitz's comments yesterday are focusing on the comments to Comey about Flynn, an entirely different set of parameters. Before Comey testified that Trump wasn't under investigation. How can Trump be guilty of obstructing justice on a case that doesn't even exist?

Indeed, Trump would be guilty of obstruction if he fired the FBI director to stop an investigation into himself. However now we know from Comey himself that the FBI was not even investigating Trump, and he had indeed told Trump that 3 times.

As usual, you can't see the forest for the trees.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...nal-inves/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-06-2017, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 03:30 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(10-06-2017 03:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 02:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  That was true when the article was written in May. This article focuses on the firing of Comey as obstruction. Dershowitz's comments yesterday are focusing on the comments to Comey about Flynn, an entirely different set of parameters. Before Comey testified that Trump wasn't under investigation. How can Trump be guilty of obstructing justice on a case that doesn't even exist?

As usual, you can't see the forest for the trees.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...nal-inves/

Still has nothing to do with Trump firing Comey and obstruction. Comey told Trump he was not under investigation THREE times. Then Comey was fired. A case for obstruction cannot be made if there is no motive. "Mr. Trump, you are hereby being charged with obstruction for firing the FBI director to stop the non existent investigation into your involvement with the russians."

Perhaps in the Flynn matter, but not in the case in the article you linked to first, because we now know Trump was not being investigated to begin with.

10-06-2017, 04:08 PM
(10-06-2017 03:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Comey told Trump he was not under investigation THREE times.

At Trump's instigation. And the reason we know this fabulous magic number 3 is because Trump mentioned it in his letter firing Comey. He seems to be unable to avoid blurting out stuff when he's worried.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-06-2017, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 04:26 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(10-06-2017 04:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 03:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Comey told Trump he was not under investigation THREE times.

At Trump's instigation. And the reason we know this fabulous magic number 3 is because Trump mentioned it in his letter firing Comey. He seems to be unable to avoid blurting out stuff when he's worried.

True. But Comey confirmed it in his testimony. And that is all I'm saying here. How can Trump be guilty of obstruction for firing Comey, if his motive for firing him is to stop an investigation that he knew didn't exist? It just doesn't make sense. And as Comey admitted, and many legal scholars have pointed out, its within the power of the president to order the stoppage of an investigation into any other person other than himself as the head of the executive branch. I would say the president is actually the ONLY person who cannot be charged with obstruction, as the president has many legal remedies to stop an investigation in its tracks (unless the investigation is on him). I mean, let's say Melania gets busted shoplifting at Nordstrom. She's about to start her trial. Then Trump pardons her. Did he obstruct justice? Or did he use the power given to the president? He stopped justice with the stroke of a pen. But he can. The constitution says so.