Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Comey fired
(11-06-2017 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How in the fuck did a family this stupid get so rich? There's your proof there is no God.
Lol. Part of the answer as they're not as rich as they claim, not nearly. Just highly leveraged bullshitters with an extensive history of not paying creditors and filing bankruptcy and running various business enterprises into the ground. They enjoy their standard of living by stealing it out of the pockets of vendors, business partners, and often, customers. It helps that they don't mind lying through their teeth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like mordant's post
11-06-2017, 01:41 PM
(11-06-2017 01:33 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How in the fuck did a family this stupid get so rich? There's your proof there is no God.
Lol. Part of the answer as they're not as rich as they claim, not nearly. Just highly leveraged bullshitters with an extensive history of not paying creditors and filing bankruptcy and running various business enterprises into the ground. They enjoy their standard of living by stealing it out of the pockets of vendors, business partners, and often, customers. It helps that they don't mind lying through their teeth.

Trump's father made the fortune in real estate. The rest are losers.
Although it is possible Ivanka has the brains to do something.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-06-2017, 01:44 PM
(11-06-2017 12:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  George Carlin would be proud of you, Professor Tribe. Big Grin

I saw that. VERY smart lady too. She knows her shit. Loved the look on her face when Tribe make his crack.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-06-2017, 02:16 PM
(11-06-2017 01:30 PM)mordant Wrote:  Trump Cooties

Laughat

Is there a spray for that? Black Flag for Trump Cooties perhaps.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-06-2017, 06:53 PM
(10-06-2017 06:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump wanted Comey to make a public statement that he was not under investigation, but Comey wouldn't do it. So he was fired. Trump wants YES men. End of story.

Let me guess -- you don't see a problem with this. Someone's been sucking the command-hierarchy dick a little too long, methinks.

A strong leader should be strong enough to navigate contrary opinions. Pity your man Trump isn't made of such spine.

Having managed multi-million dollar businesses myself, I learnt to value the contrary voice. It wasn't always pleasant, but it often saved me mistakes. Of course you, a retired police officer, has a different view of rank, prerogative, and leadership.

If a valued subordinate feels so strongly about a position standing against my own that he feels free to speak publicly about it, it behooves me to pay attention to him. Firing him is akin to sweeping shit under the rug ... and no one likes that stench.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-06-2017, 01:04 AM
(11-06-2017 01:30 PM)mordant Wrote:  More than ever ... I don't know whether to laugh or cry, or what the unintended consequences of various scenarios might be. It's like playing Russian Roulette.

Russian roulette might just be the most apropos descriptor I've yet seen for the current shit-storm.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-06-2017, 03:57 AM
(10-06-2017 04:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  In fact, as the head of the executive branch, I feel Comey violated an order by not following Trump's request to tell the American people he was not under investigation.

... Orders are kinda public things. Why would Trump only ask Comey to do this privately, if he was acting as head of executive branch? IMO he wanted it to look like Comey himself was acting on his own to quell rumours that Trump was under investigation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-06-2017, 04:06 AM
(12-06-2017 03:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 04:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  In fact, as the head of the executive branch, I feel Comey violated an order by not following Trump's request to tell the American people he was not under investigation.

... Orders are kinda public things. Why would Trump only ask Comey to do this privately, if he was acting as head of executive branch? IMO he wanted it to look like Comey himself was acting on his own to quell rumours that Trump was under investigation.

Plus, you know, FBI Directors are appointed for 10 year long terms. You know, in an effort to make them more apolitical and insulate them from partisan political pressure.

But Trump wanted a lapdog, and Comey wasn't going to be that lapdog. Who want's to bet that not only will his replacement be a lapdog, but that LDH will fall in with the party line and be a-okay with the impartial FBI becoming just another Trump tool (because fuck the rules so long as it screws the other team, right?).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2017, 10:09 AM
(12-06-2017 04:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But Trump wanted a lapdog, and Comey wasn't going to be that lapdog.

I just watched Trump go around the room forcing every one of his Cabinet members to kiss his ass, thanking him profusely for the opportunity to serve him and all the great things he's already done for this country. I was fucking embarrassed for them.

This exchange between Scarborough and Charlie Sykes this morning reminded me of LDH.

Scarborough: Why don’t we just talk about our friends, people that we’ve known our entire that life claimed to be conservative, that have claimed to believe in first principles, talked about how important the law is, how important an independent judiciary is that we are a nation of laws not men and women. Your friends, my friends, your relatives in Wisconsin, my relatives in Florida. Suddenly it’s like all the things they were attacking Democrats for in the Clinton era, they have now become.

Sykes: It’s like watching the “Invasion of the Body Snatchers,” oh the’ve got you too. Right now Republicans are testing to what depths of humiliation are they willing to go to defend, enable and rationalize what Trump is doing and every week the stakes go up. How far are they willing to go. How many of those principles are they will do say, no it’s all about Trumpism … The Republican National Committee has basically turned itself into the Ministry of Truth.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-06-2017, 10:23 AM
(10-06-2017 06:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The investigation existed.

The proble with your line of thinking here is the assumption that the investigation is limited a priori. That is not they way they run. You, as a cop, should know this already, but since you don't seem to, I'll help you out.

If evidence of another crime is discovered in the course of an investigation of the original alleged crime, the investigating officers, being sworn, have a duty to report such suspected malfeasance. That mean that an investigation into one crime can, and often does, have ramifications bearing upon someone who might at first to be uninvolved.

You were a beat cop. You were investigating a drug dealer, and in the course of that investigation you searched his house, and found a wedding ring belonging to a recent murder victim. Are you telling us that you would say, "I wouldn't report that, because that particular crime was not part of my bailiwick?

Yeah, bullshit. You would feed the information into the pipeline. And if that pipeline leads to the President, is that your worry? Or do you do your job?

Protip: there's only one right answer here.

Trump hasn't pardoned anyone. He's only fired someone. Why are you trying to equivocate two entirely different events?

That's right, because you're biased.

I don't know that Trump did anything wrong, but goddamn, it sure smells like it. And me, I'm a layman. Please tell me you weren't a detective. Please tell us that. Because clearly you've got an inability to follow a trail.

You're missing my point entirely. Yes, there is an investigation into Russian election tampering. No, Trump is not a part of that investigation as per Comey's testimony. So no, there was NO Trump investigation. Comey confirmed this in his testimony.

Could that change if the special prosecutor finds something? Absolutely.

But at the time of Comey's firing, Trump was told THREE times that he was not under investigation. Trump wanted Comey to make a public statement that he was not under investigation, but Comey wouldn't do it. So he was fired. Trump wants YES men. End of story. If he says it, you do it or lose your job. Comey testified that Trump NEVER asked to drop the Russian election case. Not once. Comey also said that Trump mentioned that he was fine with the investigation even if it was found out that someone on his staff did something improper.

Why don't you ever criticize the YES men for constantly blindly defending Trump no matter what happens? Trump isn't an infallible being, so why to you treat him as infallible?