Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 07:55 AM
RE: Comey fired
(10-05-2017 07:27 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Senator King of Maine Has an idea about who should be the Special Prosecutor in an independent investigation of Russia

Stunned by Comey’s firing, Democrats and some Republicans renewed calls late Tuesday for a special prosecutor to lead an independent investigation.

Sen. Angus King (I-Maine), a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is conducting its own probe into the matter, already had someone in mind Wednesday for the position: Comey himself.

THANK YOU, Sen. King! Bowing

I was wondering when a special prosecutor would be selected. Comey in that role would be the sweetest icing on the Chump's putrid treason cake. When the Chump is gone, we'll deal with Pence, somehow.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
10-05-2017, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 08:05 AM by ResidentEvilFan.)
(09-05-2017 08:46 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  The conservatives on my twitter and FB feeds are really pushing the #draintheswamp rhetoric.
They view this firing as DT getting rid of the corruption in the white house.

And the left is taking this as collusion by DT, in regard to the Russia investigation.

This country is so amazingly divided.

Well one of those seems more plausible than the other; considering Trump has done anything close to "draining the swamp", I'll let you figure out which one.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
10-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Because nothing says "not guilty" quite like firing the guy leading the investigation.
[+] 13 users Like Grauwyler's post
10-05-2017, 08:36 AM
(10-05-2017 08:02 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Because nothing says "not guilty" quite like firing the guy leading the investigation.

And the new FBI Director will be...does Mike Pence have any sons? I think Trump is all out.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 4 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
10-05-2017, 08:46 AM
(10-05-2017 08:36 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 08:02 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Because nothing says "not guilty" quite like firing the guy leading the investigation.

And the new FBI Director will be...does Mike Pence have any sons? I think Trump is all out.

Why not Ivanka? She's at least as unqualified for the position as many of his appointments.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-05-2017, 09:57 AM
(10-05-2017 08:36 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  And the new FBI Director will be...does Mike Pence have any sons? I think Trump is all out.

Baron Trump!

Shocking
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
10-05-2017, 12:47 PM
And another puzzle piece falls into place.

Quote: Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin.

Mr. Comey made his appeal to Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, who also wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of Mr. Comey this week, the officials said.

“I’m told that as soon as Rosenstein arrived, there was a request for additional resources for the investigation and that a few days afterwards, he was sacked,” said Mr. Durbin, a Democrat of Illinois. “I think the Comey operation was breathing down the neck of the Trump campaign and their operatives, and this was an effort to slow down the investigation.”
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
10-05-2017, 01:29 PM
(10-05-2017 12:47 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  And another puzzle piece falls into place.

Quote: Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin.

Mr. Comey made his appeal to Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, who also wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of Mr. Comey this week, the officials said.

“I’m told that as soon as Rosenstein arrived, there was a request for additional resources for the investigation and that a few days afterwards, he was sacked,” said Mr. Durbin, a Democrat of Illinois. “I think the Comey operation was breathing down the neck of the Trump campaign and their operatives, and this was an effort to slow down the investigation.”

Yep, that explains it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-05-2017, 01:37 PM
So yeah, the Russian foreign minister made Comey jokes at his meeting today with Trump. We know this thanks to official Russian state run Twitter accounts which posted commentary and photos from the meeting, a meeting the White House Press Corps. and American reporters were not allowed to witness.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
10-05-2017, 02:30 PM
The only word that even comes close to describing Chucklehead's administration is....

Clusterfuck!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post