Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 02:51 PM
RE: Comey fired
(10-05-2017 07:25 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Makes me wonder who will he fire next.
It's like we are just waiting for the big drop.
Trump likes to dominate the news of the day. He certainly doesn't want anything associated with the Russian Collusion investigation being top of mind for people.
He stole the show with his insane "wire tapping allegations"
Nunes and White House collaborated to fabricate some "evidence" in support of that

I think his timing of the Comey firing is to "Trump" the news that subpoenas were issued with regards to the Russian Collusion. I think he has had that firing letter with its "three times you have told me I am not under investigation" phrase nicely tucked away in a safe, waiting for the "right" opportunity to use it.

Obviously citing the excuse of the Hilary email investigation is absurd, if that were his reason he ought to have done this when he first came into office, not 100 days later.

I think in order to maintain control of the vibe of the media he will now seek to prosecute Hillary. This would be BIGGLY news and would overshadow the Russian Collusion for a few days/months. Either that or he will look to start a war with someone (Syria or North Korea).

If Trump were to try and break down the "democracy" of USA in order to support his anti Muslim, anti abortion, anti public health care, pro Christian stance, would the gun wielding republican civilians be in support of it? Trump would own the army and would have the most aggressive and armed civilians on his side. It seems to me that USA is deeply divided, to the point that there is no trust, only disbelief and anger towards the opposition. Would the Repubs be happy giving up control to the Dems again (come next election) and seeing walls pulled down, borders opened up, Environment Protection reinstated, Poor people being publicly funded for health care? To what lengths would they go to avoid that?

It seems to me these are becoming irreconcilable differences.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
10-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Nixon lives! Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
10-05-2017, 03:11 PM
(10-05-2017 02:51 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 07:25 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Makes me wonder who will he fire next.
Trump likes to dominate the news of the day. He certainly doesn't want anything associated with the Russian Collusion investigation being top of mind for people.
Nunes and White House collaborated to fabricate some "evidence" in support of that

I think his timing of the Comey firing is to "Trump" the news that subpoenas were issued with regards to the Russian Collusion. I think he has had that firing letter with its "three times you have told me I am not under investigation" phrase nicely tucked away in a safe, waiting for the "right" opportunity to use it.

Obviously citing the excuse of the Hilary email investigation is absurd, if that were his reason he ought to have done this when he first came into office, not 100 days later.

I think in order to maintain control of the vibe of the media he will now seek to prosecute Hillary. This would be BIGGLY news and would overshadow the Russian Collusion for a few days/months. Either that or he will look to start a war with someone (Syria or North Korea).

If Trump were to try and break down the "democracy" of USA in order to support his anti Muslim, anti abortion, anti public health care, pro Christian stance, would the gun wielding republican civilians be in support of it? Trump would own the army and would have the most aggressive and armed civilians on his side. It seems to me that USA is deeply divided, to the point that there is no trust, only disbelief and anger towards the opposition. Would the Repubs be happy giving up control to the Dems again (come next election) and seeing walls pulled down, borders opened up, Environment Protection reinstated, Poor people being publicly funded for health care? To what lengths would they go to avoid that?

Civil war is on his mind, just the other day he wondered if it could have been avoided.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Y'All are a bunch of phony hypocrites!

There has to be a new meme in there somewhere.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
10-05-2017, 09:11 PM
(10-05-2017 09:57 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 08:36 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  And the new FBI Director will be...does Mike Pence have any sons? I think Trump is all out.

Baron Trump!

Shocking

Make the bad man fly, mommy!

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post
10-05-2017, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 05:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-05-2017 02:51 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

It is improper for the head of the FBI to comment to a suspect whether or not they are under investigation. I'm 99.999 % sure that was a lie. As things go along, and leaks happen, it will become obvious that the firing was an attempt to interfere with the investigation. It's obstruction of justice. THAT is grounds for impeachment. It will take a while, but I bet Dumpy just done himself in. The interesting thing will be to see when the rats start to desert the sinking ship, and disconnect their political stars from one that is crashing, (like Pense, Ryan, Sessions, Rosenstein). In some ways, it's already too late for some of them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-05-2017, 10:23 PM
A Huffpo article made reference to a pretty funny line quoted from House of Cards:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fran...bdca61a54c
"When you’re fresh meat, kill and throw them something fresher."

Now, my partisan lens saw Bill and Hillary Clinton portrayed by the Underwoods until I thought again about it just after reading the Huffpo story. I have to say, the Frank Underwood method of thriving on controversy (as long as he was the driver of it) is right in line with the Trump's modus operandi.
11-05-2017, 12:33 AM
(10-05-2017 09:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... I'm 99.999 % sure that was a lie ...

When it's a trump utterance the expression is incomplete without an ellipsis:
99.999...%
11-05-2017, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 01:11 AM by grasshoppa.)
Wow. As other posters have said, this is just so creepily reminiscent of Nixon firing Archibald Cox.

I sincerely hope that this willl lead to Asshat rRump's impeachment and YUGE downfall

What an embarrassment this POS "president" is.
[+] 2 users Like grasshoppa's post
11-05-2017, 03:14 AM
Except when Dick fired Cox, the US congress was not controlled entirely by the same party as the President, and they were willing/able to do something about it... this time, they're already making excuses and even suggesting that anyone who wants to see this investigated is just partisan, dishonest, etc.

It's genuinely disturbing.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post