Comfort Foods

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Comfort Foods
Do you guys have any comfort foods, or foods that you can never get sick of? Me personally, I could eat pizza and buffalo chicken all day (especially if the chicken is breaded).

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 10:39 AM
RE: Comfort Foods
hmmmm......Now, when I'm in the army I have A LOT of comfort food- coffee, cottage, omelet, chicken, schnitzels, hamburger (worm, tasty and Mecdonald's hamburger, not cold wannabe-hamburger the army makes!).......I could go on and on and on like this- the list never ends! basic line- army food SUCKS!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Ramen. I'm a sodium addict, and your average Ramen has over 60% of the recommended daily value of salt. I love it.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Cream of potato and bacon soup. Takes me almost four hours to make it right, so I make a HUGE pot when I do. It's always gone long before we're tired of it.
That and chicken. We raise our own, and I've never had grocery store chicken thats half as good as ours. Beer can chicken on the BBQ can't be beat!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
15-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Beer and pizza. At the end of a long, stressful day I will always grab a beer and it always makes me feel better. If I've had a particularly stressful day, I will go right for the Belvedere Vodka, on the rocks, and then life has meaning again.

And, you can never, ever go wrong with pizza. I can eat a large pie by myself. I don't - at least not when anyone is looking - but I can.

I threw my back out about 6 weeks ago and, while I'm no longer a human question mark, my cycling has come to a dead stop. I'm slowly working towards getting back on at least the trainer again and started swimming again - sort of. I've only hit the pool once this week. So, until I'm healed enough to get back to my full blown exercise routine I really need to watch the amount of beer and pizza that I consume or I'm going to look like Violet Beauregarde (except not blue).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-10-2010, 12:10 PM
(15-10-2010 11:15 AM)BnW Wrote:  Beer and pizza. At the end of a long, stressful day I will always grab a beer and it always makes me feel better. If I've had a particularly stressful day, I will go right for the Belvedere Vodka, on the rocks, and then life has meaning again.

And, you can never, ever go wrong with pizza. I can eat a large pie by myself. I don't - at least not when anyone is looking - but I can.

I threw my back out about 6 weeks ago and, while I'm no longer a human question mark, my cycling has come to a dead stop. I'm slowly working towards getting back on at least the trainer again and started swimming again - sort of. I've only hit the pool once this week. So, until I'm healed enough to get back to my full blown exercise routine I really need to watch the amount of beer and pizza that I consume or I'm going to look like Violet Beauregarde (except not blue).
Just wondering, do you fold your pizza when you eat it? Do you eat it like this or like this?

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
15-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Depends, really. Big slices get folded. Small slices do not. There used to be (and may still be but I'm not sure) a place in Hoboken that had pizza cut in dinosaur size slices. Those got folded. It looked like something Fred and Barney Rubble would order. There is a place by me here in Philly area that has small slices that you would struggle to fold.

Ultimately, for me, it's about the pizza and not the folding.

Oh, and there is a place I know that has fantastic Sicilian pizza. Can't really fold those so those are always unfolded.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-10-2010, 01:16 PM
(15-10-2010 01:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  Depends, really. Big slices get folded. Small slices do not. There used to be (and may still be but I'm not sure) a place in Hoboken that had pizza cut in dinosaur size slices. Those got folded. It looked like something Fred and Barney Rubble would order. There is a place by me here in Philly area that has small slices that you would struggle to fold.

Ultimately, for me, it's about the pizza and not the folding.

Oh, and there is a place I know that has fantastic Sicilian pizza. Can't really fold those so those are always unfolded.
Yeah, I almost always fold, except if slices are cut into sixteenths or if the pizza is Sicilian or something. Folding provides pizza portability, which I value greatly. Tongue

-Stephen Colbert
15-10-2010, 04:47 PM
COFFEE!
15-10-2010, 10:11 PM

I'm with No J. -- I can't live without coffee. One day without it and I go into caffeine withdrawals and almost die.

Other than that ... I'm a huge fan of a good curry. I could eat some variety every single night.
Quote this message in a reply