Comfort Foods

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-02-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: Comfort Foods
Pot roast and mashed potatoes.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
03-02-2016, 09:55 PM
I have a few.

Egg salad, chocolate cake/chocolate frosting, spaghetti, creamed chipped beef or creamed eggs on toast. Milk. Grapes. Pork roast. These are my go to comfort foods. I usually have at least one or more of these in my house at all times.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
03-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Holy resurrection from the dead! Jenny, you aren't going to like my choices, by about 2/3rds, or thereabout.

My comfort food is a nice juicy grilled T-Bone steak and a baked potato, with boiled al dente broccoli. Note- I don't put anything on that baked potato. A properly baked potato is good enough all by itself that it needs no added ingredients. I also only eat about 6 ounces of that steak, not the whole thing, much as I'd like to. Dodgy

I probably had this exact meal about July of last year (2015). While I really like it, the saturated fat and cholesterol keep me away from it. Think I'll go do it soon, again. Drooling
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post