Comfort vs Hovind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 03:16 AM
Comfort vs Hovind
Hopefully this is the right area for this...

But anyways, Ray Comfort vs. Kent Hovind.

Bananaman vs Dr. Dino

Whose arguments are dumber? Who's the biggest fraud? And above all, who's funnier?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 05:16 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Comfort vs Hovind
It's no contest.

The prize goes to:

[Image: CCznK4k.jpg]

Comfort's apologetics, from what I've seen, is based almost entirely dishonest bending of definitions and bastardisations of things like evolution which could be best described as Straw Men and Appeal to Ridicule fallacies put into a car compactor and forced into a convenient cube.

Hovind is just plain stupid and dishonest, preying on children and impressionable, unfortunately stupid adults.

They are equally dumb, I think Hovind was the bigger fraud for a time. Then the Us government found him out. Comfort is funnier, but just as frustrating.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-02-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't even want to think about that.

It's like asking me if I'd rather be eaten alive or burned alive. Both are going to royally suck. No

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
28-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Hovind pretends to be an expert on science and parades about as if he is some philosopher with a secret. He tricks people by making them think he is spewing out knowledge when he is doing nothing more than prattling off opinions based on speculation, hearsay, and a misunderstanding of science.

Comfort is almost as bad. He will at least take on the opposing side in debates but with Kirk Cameron at his side, he is more marketable. Meaning that he gets his message of stupid out to more people. Comfort comes with Cameron by default, they are an inseparable douche duo. I would say Comfort was not as bad, except for the copies of "On the Origin of Species" they handed out for free on college campuses where he wrote an unofficial intro to it.

The choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche is one I would rather not make. I guess Comfort is worse because he comes with Cameron and Hovind's ideas can be dealt with by elementary school kids. This is his son, but still.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Video Randi shows how to handle Hovind types. Raptor Jesus 14 400 19-11-2013 04:42 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Wretched: Ray Comfort responds to atheist accusations. Vulpix 50 1,606 07-10-2013 02:23 PM
Last Post: Jeffasaurus
  Ray Comfort shows that his god only exists in his mind Rahn127 3 344 27-04-2013 12:43 PM
Last Post: Abdul Alhazred
  Eric Hovind: Debating God. Free Thought 23 1,404 01-10-2012 06:19 AM
Last Post: Marco Krieger
  AronRa VS Ray Comfort Human Being 24 2,132 24-09-2012 03:27 PM
Last Post: Magoo
  Earmuffs v Ray Comfort earmuffs 29 1,685 21-09-2012 04:06 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Ray Comfort to Appear on The Atheist Experience TheSixthGlass 26 1,659 05-04-2011 01:02 AM
Last Post: Chesstime