Comfort without God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: Comfort without God
I greatly enjoyed reading all of your posts...personally, I find some comfort in knowing I'm not alone in my...lack of beliefs, I suppose. I agree with everything said in this thread, pretty much.

I would rather face any issues that surface in my life, deal with them, and move on- with the help of family, friends, or even strangers, if appropriate. This makes sense to me, as opposed to the theist's basic message:

"If you have a problem, whisper it in your imaginary friend's ear. If he chooses to help you, feel blessed. If he doesn't choose to help you, realize that your imaginary friend has a plan for you that he is keeping secret for now. Regardless what happens, there is no need to take responsibility for the outcome, as it is beyond your control. Although, if you repeatedly get outcomes that you aren't happy with, it's your own fault for not asking often enough, or asking in the correct way...but if you are asking often and correctly, rest assured it is simply because you cannot see your imaginary friend's "big picture". Relax, and have faith in the guy!"

Wow. Seriously? Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: Comfort without God
First of all: DLJ, Sisyphus ? Awesome! Thumbsup

As virtually everyone knows here, and is likely bored with it, I have a severe illness. Kept alive only by an experimental drug. That experiment expires soon and it is likely I will perish soon after. I've been thinking about this a bit lately. When I do, I always think of this.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post