Comic Con and Picketers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Comic Con and Picketers
I'm a geek. A term I feel get's thrown around a lot. Now and days it's hard to distinguish a geek from anyone else, because everyone has a computer, video game, system, or in the very least seen a Super Hero Movie.

I however pride myself on a large comic book collection, D&D crafts, my extensive knowledge or movies, comic books , other useless information. I even has a bachelors in animation, and have have worked in a TV.cartoon show and comic books. Another thing I take pride myself on in is how creative my fellow geeks and nerds can be.

This and many past years have been Amazing for comic con. Growing larger every year. And where there are large crowds there will be religious picketers seem to be moving in hoping to convert.

[Image: 13COMICCON-SUB-master675.jpg]

[Image: damien_posters_2015_comic_con_h_15.jpg]

Always a turd in the punch bowl. Picketers have no problem trying to bring a good time down. But if there's one thing Geeks know is bullies. and when you among friends great things happen.

[Image: 82f9e247ae2b17b929d1f30ee07530ca.jpg]

[Image: sdcc_counterprotest.png]

[Image: SDCC_2014_Fox_FX-39.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Has anyone ever been converted by a Picketer?

Jaclyn Glenn was down there and made this video.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Commonsensei's post
17-07-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: Comic Con and Picketers
So - Could Superman kick Jesus's ass?????

I'm betting...

Hell -- I bet fucking Aquaman could -- and he's the lamest superhero there is.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Love these guys so much. My brother-in-law is a member of the 501st Legion.

[Image: Vader_is_lord_t614.jpg?a3ca5463f16dc1145...6025dcea0e]

[Image: th?id=JN.Sd8%2btAgbPzM4K0x5WQ8wwQ&am...mp;amp;P=0]

[Image: tumblr_nn9sdju8LE1qflgwpo4_r1_400.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-07-2015, 10:46 AM
So, yeah, Commonsensei... I wear nerd like a badge of honor. Not only am I a proud nerd, but I'm marrying a proud nerd, and her brother plays Darth Vader (and has two separate, utterly perfect, StormTrooper armor sets he made himself) for the 501st because he's so tall.

As a "welcome home from prison" gift, when I went up there last week, he gave me a brand-new-in-the-box X-Box One, with the full Master Chief Halo four-in-one game.

She gave me a "+20 Shirt of Smiting" teeshirt to wear to my local Pathfinder game.

I love my life. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Wait....

Order 66?

From the PREQUELS?

That's not the holy trilogy, that's the UNHOLY TRILOGY!

Nooooooooooooooo!
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
17-07-2015, 10:50 AM
I agree that there is a lot of foolishness out there...

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
17-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Hey Beard... any chance you went to the Univ. of Kansas for your undergrad?

17-07-2015, 10:54 AM
(17-07-2015 10:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hey Beard... any chance you went to the Univ. of Kansas for your undergrad?

No, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
17-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Jesus nuts don't have anything better to do than picket comic con? Wow. Imagine all the things they could actually accomplish with their life if they stopped wasting all that energy and did something productive. ..... ... ...... or fun.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-07-2015, 10:59 AM
So, basically, what we're seeing here is a bunch of fan-geeks who took their fiction, made believe that it was true, and made up a bunch of Watchmen-colored and -fonted signs to advertise it.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post