Comic book reccomendations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: Comic book reccomendations.
Not exactly a comic book, but a Manga: Death Note.
It delves deep into what you think is right and wrong and really brings out the best of worst in peoples thinking.

Loved Deadpool, you absolutely should read more.

Beserk was awesome.

If you like genius's outwitting eachother I would reccommmend a Manga called Liar Game, the art is questionable, but the story is AMAZING.

Sorry to reccomend another Manga, but Sun-Ken Rock is another good one, its about a misu derstood delinquent becoming a badass mafia boss. The art is AMAZING, as well as the story. (nsfw though.)

Have any of you read the Evil Avengers? Some of the Avengers comics, I don't particularly like the first incarnation pf the Avengers, besides ironman, Hulk, and Cap, but I enjoy the second incarnation when Spidy joins in the fold. Wish they would have Spidy be more darker, but *sigh*.

Speaking of Darker... I am still suprised about Ultimate Spider-man's new costume. I like it, but I prefer it in Peter Parker.

Thats all I can reccommend right now, but I will be back.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2012, 01:19 PM
DCs 52, it's not *a* comic book but rather a series. It's pretty good. (Sadly the NEW 52 sucks)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Comic book reccomendations.
I can't even believe I didn't suggest these first. Best comics eva!

The Watchmen

V: For Vendetta

Kingdom Come

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-08-2012, 03:45 PM
One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Van Von Hunter, Hellsing, Bakuman... I could go on for a while...

[Image: opforum1.png]
15-08-2012, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 04:17 PM by FSM_scot.)
I have watchmen, sorta forgot to mention it Big Grin Anything from Alan Moore seems to be good. His stuff has been recommended to me a few times.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
15-08-2012, 04:25 PM
WHy the fuck is that guy licking the plunger? Please, I need to know.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 04:35 PM
(15-08-2012 04:25 PM)lucradis Wrote:  WHy the fuck is that guy licking the plunger? Please, I need to know.

Heres the full image
[Image: oBR6X.gif]

16-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Since you liked Batman: Year One... Some other great Batmans (Batmen?) are Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, Hush, and some people knock it but I liked All Star Batman and Robin. Erx mentioned Kingdom Come which is really awesome. A few people have mentioned Y: the Last Man which is also great.

You've mentioned cost as a limiting factor... I would never recommend procuring comics via buccaneering. But if you purchased or otherwise acquired digital comics, an excellent reader for the PC is ComicRack.
[+] 3 users Like moosethumbs's post
17-08-2012, 04:03 PM
(16-08-2012 11:55 PM)moosethumbs Wrote:  Since you liked Batman: Year One... Some other great Batmans (Batmen?) are Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, Hush, and some people knock it but I liked All Star Batman and Robin. Erx mentioned Kingdom Come which is really awesome. A few people have mentioned Y: the Last Man which is also great.

You've mentioned cost as a limiting factor... I would never recommend procuring comics via buccaneering. But if you purchased or otherwise acquired digital comics, an excellent reader for the PC is ComicRack.

Long Halloween was one i've been toying with buying the name keeps getting brought up. Its on my list Big Grin

I'm trying to keep it all legal. Although anything i've watched online i've ended up buying legit.

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
17-08-2012, 04:25 PM
(17-08-2012 04:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 11:55 PM)moosethumbs Wrote:  Since you liked Batman: Year One... Some other great Batmans (Batmen?) are Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, Hush, and some people knock it but I liked All Star Batman and Robin. Erx mentioned Kingdom Come which is really awesome. A few people have mentioned Y: the Last Man which is also great.

Long Halloween was one i've been toying with buying the name keeps getting brought up. Its on my list Big Grin

I'm trying to keep it all legal. Although anything i've watched online i've ended up buying legit.

You haven't read the Long Halloween? Shame on you!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post