Comic book reccomendations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2012, 06:59 PM
RE: Comic book reccomendations.
(17-08-2012 04:25 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  You haven't read the Long Halloween? Shame on you!

I used to read comics when I was younger, but very few of the superhero comics as they were expensive. and only a few places sold them.
But recently i've started picking them up and my collections small,but have plenty on my list. And the long Halloween is on it Big Grin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2012, 01:56 PM
My latest 2 purchases, knightfall and long Halloween. I'm planning to start long Halloween somepoint tonight or tomorow.

Knightfall was great, good story, I usually find comics to be too short, not knightfall. At 630 pages it was worth the money

Is the rest of the knightfall series worth getting? I'm thinking of buying knightquest.
21-09-2012, 03:29 PM
(21-09-2012 01:56 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  My latest 2 purchases, knightfall and long Halloween. I'm planning to start long Halloween somepoint tonight or tomorow.

Knightfall was great, good story, I usually find comics to be too short, not knightfall. At 630 pages it was worth the money

Is the rest of the knightfall series worth getting? I'm thinking of buying knightquest.

Personally, I didn't find Knightquest all that memorable. It's Batman without Bruce and that just doesn't work for me.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-09-2012, 04:14 PM
(21-09-2012 03:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Personally, I didn't find Knightquest all that memorable. It's Batman without Bruce and that just doesn't work for me.

Thats disappointing, knightfall was such a good read.
21-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Comic book reccomendations.
(21-09-2012 04:14 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 03:29 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Personally, I didn't find Knightquest all that memorable. It's Batman without Bruce and that just doesn't work for me.

Thats disappointing, knightfall was such a good read.

Check out some stuff about it online. You may like it. I read it back in the day and it partly sucked just because there wasn't a "regular" monthly Batman comic book for quite some time, so that may have jaded me at the time.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-09-2012, 06:42 PM
(21-09-2012 05:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Check out some stuff about it online. You may like it. I read it back in the day and it partly sucked just because there wasn't a "regular" monthly Batman comic book for quite some time, so that may have jaded me at the time.

From what I gather its about Jean Paul loosing his mind, Might be interesting. Knightfall had a different tone to it when he takes over as batman, Even the look of the images change as he becomes more violent.

One thing that bugged me about knightfall, was they couldn't seem to decide which side of Two face's face was scared, it switched about 4 times over a few pages.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
22-09-2012, 08:48 AM
In case it hasn't been recommended and you haven't already read it, "The Walking Dead". It's a great series, I think I've read the first 48 issues and I plan on getting the next compendium volume to read another 48.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2012, 02:40 PM
(22-09-2012 08:48 AM)Near Wrote:  In case it hasn't been recommended and you haven't already read it, "The Walking Dead". It's a great series, I think I've read the first 48 issues and I plan on getting the next compendium volume to read another 48.

I have been reading it, It's great. I've read the first 3 books. Just waiting till i have more money then I'm ordering books 4 and 5 Big Grin. If the comic is anything to go by then the next season of the tv series should be great.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
So I've been reading through the dark knight returns. And I'm just past the bit at the carnival. Batman snapped the jokers neck and attached incediery bombs to the corpse and detonated them.
What the fuck did I just read.
03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
(03-10-2012 05:07 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So I've been reading through the dark knight returns. And I'm just past the bit at the carnival. Batman snapped the jokers neck and attached incediery bombs to the corpse and detonated them.
What the fuck did I just read.

He shouldn't have waited so long, in my opinion. Big Grin

Just think...you're not at the climax yet. It gets even better. Thumbsup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I wrote my first book about atheism! billyinlights 11 180 28-07-2014 07:38 PM
Last Post: Minimalist
  What should I read / book club maybe? Smercury44 6 109 12-06-2014 09:26 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  A book about contemporary humanism/atheism? Hejhejhej 2 72 13-05-2014 01:43 AM
Last Post: Banjo
  Help identifying a comic?? Escape Artist 8 125 29-04-2014 09:54 PM
Last Post: Escape Artist
  State Book - Louisiana raven48 1 62 15-04-2014 01:53 PM
Last Post: wazzel
  All encompassing book about science proplayer44 5 124 17-03-2014 11:23 AM
Last Post: Chas
  TTA Book club (god is not Great) TheBeardedDude 37 1,326 12-02-2014 10:10 PM
Last Post: sporehux