Coming Out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 12:19 AM
How should I come out
So I'm 13 year old and I recently became a atheist. I want to come out to my parents but I'm afraid. so my parents and my siblings go to church twice a week they pray 3 times a day they pray right before rode trips. Any ideas on how to tell them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2015 01:55 PM by Atheist in the closet.)
Coming out
above^
16-02-2015, 06:15 AM
RE: Coming Out
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I'm not a teen so this is not a section of the forum for me to enter (without my jabs) but I just wanted to say Hi and that I merged your two threads.

I hope that's OK.

16-02-2015, 01:51 PM
(16-02-2015 06:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I'm not a teen so this is not a section of the forum for me to enter (without my jabs) but I just wanted to say Hi and that I merged your two threads.

I hope that's OK.

Thanks
18-02-2015, 08:02 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...icle-by-A2

Please read this. Might give you a lot of different thoughts about how to go about it, or if you want to do it at all.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
21-03-2016, 01:36 PM
A little bit about me... I'm a teenager in a religious family and have been keeping my secular beliefs to myself for several months. As much as I hate lying, I need a roof over my head as well as financial support. For those reasons I am waiting till I am a legal adult to tell my parents.

Tell them you are going to school with an atheist and their reaction will suggest whether you should keep your atheism to yourself or not. If they begin ranting or criticizing, I recommend refraining from telling them. If you decided to share your secular beliefs with them, mention your atheism in a nonchalant manner. While you may be eager to debate them, I do not suggest doing so. Regardless, be prepared for the worst: being shunned.

I'm hoping for the best!! Lots of love, Belle
16-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Hello. I know the problem you're going through. I'm 13 years old and told my parents that I was an atheist when I was 12.

My advice to you is to tell your parents that you want to talk to them, then calmly tell them that you're an atheist. If they start to get mad, calmly try to explain to them the reasons why you don't believe. Afterwards, tell them that you love them.

That's how I told my parents that I was an atheist. I hope this helps you.

Best wishes,
ZeldaFan
[+] 3 users Like ZeldaFan's post