Coming Soon!! - Creation Ministries International European Conference

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Coming Soon!! - Creation Ministries International European Conference
Well............I came across this being advertised as an event to look forward to in September.

http://creation.com/london2016

Now I can't make my mind up whether to go to this or the Bo Peep Cider Festival or the Newent Onion Eating Festival - both of which are on at the same time.

A brief look at the "Topics Covered" and the rogues gallery of speakers makes me think I'd rather be eating onions.

Popcorn

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
22-07-2016, 10:27 AM
RE: Coming Soon!! - Creation Ministries International European Conference
I'm somewhat mortified to note that the convener of this absurd seminar is an Aussie by the name of Gary Bates (who presumably as a child was addressed conventionally as Master Bates).

An excerpt from one of his site pages reads:

"So what about the biblical passages regarding homosexuality? First, we have to recognize that the Bible presents monogamous lifelong marriage between a husband and wife as normative; it is part of God’s good created order.

Anything that deviates from that, whether it is rape, adultery, homosexuality, bestiality, etc. is recognized as an aberration. In the theocratic state of ancient Israel, homosexual practice was a crime that received the death penalty, because it was seen as an abomination; a twisting of the created order.

In the New Testament, Paul clearly indicated that the Gospel changed new believers who had previously engaged in homosexual practice, so that they did not do that anymore. It is often said that Paul is homophobic because he put homosexuality in a list of things that keep one out of the Kingdom of God , but he is just listing one of many sins that exclude us."

—So this fucktard actually conflates homosexuality with rape and with bestiality? Seriously? Would be interesting to know what the theists on this forum think about this bloke, and his CMI (Creation Ministries International) organisation.

As fellow Christians, are they able to affirm and/or condone his offensive opinions, or defend the CMI and its racist, homophobic, paternalistic, socially repugnant platform?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Quote:"So what about the biblical passages regarding homosexuality? First, we have to recognize that the Bible presents monogamous lifelong marriage between a husband and wife as normative; it is part of God’s good created order.

What Bible has he been reading?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-07-2016, 11:30 AM
In Europe, of all places? They'll be laughed at by all but the most fundamentalist Christians.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Maybe they can float over, and have an arc adventure.
I mean, they can prove it's sea-worthy, right ?
Tongue

I prophesy it will be as big a bust as the arc opening.
Europeans are not as stupid as they think.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-07-2016, 01:28 PM
"Tracing Your Ancestors: Genesis 10 & the Table of Nations" - that's an interesting one. So I'm guessing that they'll be providing delegates with family trees that'll trace themselves back to Noah.

Oh and I'm sure that'll include birth certificates eh?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
22-07-2016, 05:49 PM
(22-07-2016 11:25 AM)cactus Wrote:  
Quote:"So what about the biblical passages regarding homosexuality? First, we have to recognize that the Bible presents monogamous lifelong marriage between a husband and wife as normative; it is part of God’s good created order.

What Bible has he been reading?

According to the same Bible God's favorite people had several wives starting with Abe, and presumably going back to Adam who had sons who married someone,