Coming out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Coming out
Hello! Have been an atheist for 45 yrs and finally coming out . I have walked away or changed the subject but not anymore .I have strong feeling about the dangers of and how destructive religion is . I am not alone Take it easy Jim
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like J F M's post
30-03-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Coming out
(30-03-2014 04:45 PM)J F M Wrote:  Hello! Have been an atheist for 45 yrs and finally coming out . I have walked away or changed the subject but not anymore .I have strong feeling about the dangers of and how destructive religion is . I am not alone Take it easy Jim

You are certainly not alone.

All the good chairs are taken, but find a comfy spot on the floor to sit and enjoy the forum.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
30-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome to TTA, we'll skootch over on the couch and squeeze you in. The more the merrier!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-03-2014, 08:07 PM
(30-03-2014 04:45 PM)J F M Wrote:  Hello! Have been an atheist for 45 yrs and finally coming out . I have walked away or changed the subject but not anymore .I have strong feeling about the dangers of and how destructive religion is . I am not alone Take it easy Jim

You are with us now. You have all your right to take it easy, JFM, as the rest of us all do.

Welcome

Want something? Then do something.
31-03-2014, 10:28 AM

Welcome!

(30-03-2014 05:38 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  All the good chairs are taken, but find a comfy spot on the floor to sit and enjoy the forum.

There are chairs!?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-03-2014, 10:29 AM
You were never alone; make yourself at home.

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I really like the good looking ,educated young couple who live down the street with their two beautiful very intelligent little girls ages 6 and 3 . They are fundamentalist christians and the relationship is becoming very frustrating. We have barely scratched the service when it comes to religion however he ,the dad , knows I am an atheist . Its hard to describe,it's like he is brain damaged . Not my business of course BUT I get angry thinking the girls will end up the same way. It simply can't be healthy believing all that nonsense . There is a long family history of private Christian schools . I am venting thanks
31-03-2014, 12:35 PM
(31-03-2014 12:30 PM)J F M Wrote:  I really like the good looking ,educated young couple who live down the street with their two beautiful very intelligent little girls ages 6 and 3 . They are fundamentalist christians and the relationship is becoming very frustrating. We have barely scratched the service when it comes to religion however he ,the dad , knows I am an atheist . Its hard to describe,it's like he is brain damaged . Not my business of course BUT I get angry thinking the girls will end up the same way. It simply can't be healthy believing all that nonsense . There is a long family history of private Christian schools . I am venting thanks

Best not to get involved. It's the same as Christians looking at you as a heathen. It's their right to believe what they want.

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 04:23 PM by J F M.)
Of course it a christian's right to believe what they do .I never want to offend anybody However I am 67 yrs old and have kept quiet for a long time and it is getting harder. I think it's ok to speak up against a persons very old school views about gays and women and separation of church and state for example.
31-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Type o. Gays not guys sorry