Coming out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Coming out
You "advertise"....

sure...

Show ONE mainstream media article touting the wonders of your "2 percent" divorce rate........(mainstream does NOT include shills from your church)
I'll settle for NBC, CBS, PBS, or Fox.

waiting for hell to freeze over...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Q

There are valid reasons to leave besides abuse.

I might as well have not had a husband with as little attention and affection as I received, and it's not that he wasn't an affectionate person, quite the opposite. I just had someone who slept on the other side of the bed, mowed the lawn, and took care of my son. Oh, and that could give epic guilt trips. Once in a while he might open my car door. A date twice a year or so.

No woman should have to beg for her husband to love her - and I did. Guess which one was the Christian. And don't you dare pull the No True Scotsman. We had problems before my deconversion. And it would have ended sooner had we both been atheists, 'cause that good ole religion was the only thing keeping us together. Worst part is he was the one that wanted the divorce, but thanks to Jesus he instead pushed me away until I was the one to ask for it so the blood would be on my hands, not his.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
12-02-2015, 05:33 PM
It takes a while to get through all the mind-fuckery.
You'll get past it, Nursey.

Hug

Been there.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-02-2015, 05:40 PM
The religious prohibition against divorce has ALWAYS been more about protecting the religion's reputation, than the welfare of the people stuck in unhappy situations.

"What will the neighbors think"??????????

You don't owe those assholes a single thing.... They owe you. And if they don't stand by you, when you're hurting -- they can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Coming out
I'm still trying to wrap my neurons around the church's secular help with marriage...
12-02-2015, 09:56 PM
(12-02-2015 03:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. I never said mom is committing adultery if she finds love again--and I believe that it is permissible for divorcees to remarry, and that divorce is permissible, even welcomed and encouraged, when there is abuse.

Who said you did? A higher authority did. You cant be that damn clueless. Let me give you a refresher:

Mat 5: 31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Mat 19: 8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Mark 10: 10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Jesus never says anything about abuse, only sexual immorality. It is right there in the text in a pretty unambiguous fashion, except in Mark, he does not say that in cases of sexual immorality is it ok. In BOTH instances, he says it is adultery.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-02-2015, 11:26 PM
(12-02-2015 05:00 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Worst part is he was the one that wanted the divorce, but thanks to Jesus he instead pushed me away until I was the one to ask for it so the blood would be on my hands, not his.

What a schmuck Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-02-2015, 01:07 PM
(12-02-2015 05:00 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Q

There are valid reasons to leave besides abuse.

I might as well have not had a husband with as little attention and affection as I received, and it's not that he wasn't an affectionate person, quite the opposite. I just had someone who slept on the other side of the bed, mowed the lawn, and took care of my son. Oh, and that could give epic guilt trips. Once in a while he might open my car door. A date twice a year or so.

No woman should have to beg for her husband to love her - and I did. Guess which one was the Christian. And don't you dare pull the No True Scotsman. We had problems before my deconversion. And it would have ended sooner had we both been atheists, 'cause that good ole religion was the only thing keeping us together. Worst part is he was the one that wanted the divorce, but thanks to Jesus he instead pushed me away until I was the one to ask for it so the blood would be on my hands, not his.

I follow what you're saying except for "thanks to Jesus" he pushed you away. I say this because I bet your Christian convictions at that time helped keep things easier for you, your husband and your son. You didn't put a bullet in the man's head, you tried to woo him and it sounds like you tried a lot of other things as well. I agree with the part of Pascal's wager that tells us we can live positive lives at little risk being religious...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2015, 01:09 PM
(12-02-2015 09:56 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 03:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. I never said mom is committing adultery if she finds love again--and I believe that it is permissible for divorcees to remarry, and that divorce is permissible, even welcomed and encouraged, when there is abuse.

Who said you did? A higher authority did. You cant be that damn clueless. Let me give you a refresher:

Mat 5: 31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Mat 19: 8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Mark 10: 10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Jesus never says anything about abuse, only sexual immorality. It is right there in the text in a pretty unambiguous fashion, except in Mark, he does not say that in cases of sexual immorality is it ok. In BOTH instances, he says it is adultery.

And there are other verses in the scriptures regarding marriage, divorce, self-defense of victims and punishments for abusers.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user