Coming out on another forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: Coming out on another forum
(16-07-2014 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't surprise me none. My friends ain't my friends because of similar metaphysics. Sounds like an interesting forum. Give us a link.

That might be a good idea for a few of them to link up with us... it might help others see what it's like to be one step closer to sanity rationality. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 08:16 PM
(16-07-2014 08:03 PM)kim Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 09:17 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Are you ex-Way, too?

Ha - no. I'm atheist born and raised.

I came to Emporia State University an accredited state university. I have aBFA in painting and I was asked if I wanted to take an instructing job at the Way. I had looked into it and found it just too creepy... what with the illegal arsenal and all. Dodgy

Although, I did buy and still live in a house about 2 blocks from the former Way campus. The campus was sold off bit by bit and eventually, I worked in the building which was the student union, at one time. It remains a telephone company I used to work for.

I don't know why I still live here. It's truly a strange town.

Paint that shit! Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-07-2014, 09:36 PM

I came to Emporia State University an accredited state university. I have aBFA in painting and I was asked if I wanted to take an instructing job at the Way. I had looked into it and found it just too creepy... what with the illegal arsenal and all. Dodgy

Although, I did buy and still live in a house about 2 blocks from the former Way campus. The campus was sold off bit by bit and eventually, I worked in the building which was the student union, at one time. It remains a telephone company I used to work for.

Dated a girl years back who went to college there (not at the way). So I've visited quite a few times, and you're right it is a strange town. I never figured out what it was that bothered me about it, I spent most of my time there inside the girls dorms. Angel

(she was catholic)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
16-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Although it is not a Christian forum per se, it does consist largely of Christians, and it is considered rude for atheists who are not ex way to come on the site and denounce Christianity. Hard to explain, but the best I can come up with is that it is not just a discussion forum: it is an ex Way recovery forum, and I would just as soon let my old friends have their space, if you don't mind.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
16-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Sorry for the slight derail, TCS. Good to hear you aren't getting undue drama on your other forum, I'm sure we all can respect your (and others) space there.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-07-2014, 10:34 AM
I appreciate that.

Visit my blog
22-07-2014, 02:10 PM
So.

Not only has the feedback been overwhelmingly supportive (not that anyone agrees with me, but they're all cool with the news), but we've actually started a couple of discussions about real issues. The best of them is called "Actual Errors in Genesis." It's not an effort to be systematic, but to show a few examples of mistakes in Genesis that can't be written off as mere matters of interpretation. Stuff like: Genesis says earth came first, then the sun. And the firmament. And the cursing of the snake. And the domestication of camels hundreds of years prematurely. And the "no worldwide flood" business. And the "languages did not all spring into being at one time in the middle east." Stuff like that.

In other words, this went much better than I expected it to.

For those interested in reading along, Google "Actual Errors in Genesis" (include the quotes). I still ask that you do not join the board. I can't enforce that, but it's one thing for me, a former TWI member, to discuss my beliefs on an ex-TWI site. For others to do it -- let's just say it's happened before and it wasn't pretty.

Visit my blog
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
23-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Glad it went so well for you!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
23-07-2014, 09:17 AM

I graduated from High School not far from Emporia. I live in Hutchinson, now.

Banned from ChristianChat.com for "Spreading Disbelief"
23-07-2014, 10:16 AM
(16-07-2014 10:12 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Although it is not a Christian forum per se, it does consist largely of Christians, and it is considered rude for atheists who are not ex way to come on the site and denounce Christianity. Hard to explain, but the best I can come up with is that it is not just a discussion forum: it is an ex Way recovery forum, and I would just as soon let my old friends have their space, if you don't mind.

Oh, it's all good. I just meant that if anyone from that forum was curious ... they are certainly welcome here. Thumbsup

As well, I wouldn't mind having a lurk over there. I like to see what and how others get into discussing things. I generally get curious about other forums and communities.... and though I have lurked a few places, I would never think to join in.

A majority of those religious sites turn my stomach. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein