Coming soon to a fucked-up country near you!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Rainbow Coming soon to a fucked-up country near you!
Angry

Guess what! He's going to make it nice and fuzzy-friendly to discriminate against LGBTQ people!! Isn't that just fucking wicked exciting?

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/sourc...ming-soon/

I bet you can't wait for this stupid-fucking country to regress further into dumbfuckiness, because I sure can! Jesus fucking Christ.

The fact that this claim to defending "religious liberty" comes on the heels of a ban on Muslims traveling to America is so fucking backwards. I feel so powerless. Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
30-01-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Coming soon to a fucked-up country near you!
Stupid orange bastard

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Well it's not like that's gonna trigger an even bigger backlash or anything. For a guy who can't emotionally handle being despised he sure has a funny way of showing it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-01-2017, 03:15 PM
(30-01-2017 03:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well it's not like that's gonna trigger an even bigger backlash or anything. For a guy who can't emotionally handle being despised he sure has a funny way of showing it.

What backlash? Alternative facts indicate that there has never been a backlash to anything Trump has said or done. Everyone loves him and all of his administration.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
30-01-2017, 03:16 PM
(30-01-2017 03:15 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 03:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well it's not like that's gonna trigger an even bigger backlash or anything. For a guy who can't emotionally handle being despised he sure has a funny way of showing it.

What backlash? Alternative facts indicate that there has never been a backlash to anything Trump has said or done. Everyone loves him and all of his administration.

Well there is that.

#sigh
30-01-2017, 03:29 PM
If this shit happens, I will be protesting. I hope there will be protests locally, because I want to be there.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
30-01-2017, 06:51 PM
(30-01-2017 03:29 PM)kineo Wrote:  If this shit happens, I will be protesting. I hope there will be protests locally, because I want to be there.

There definitely will be protests here in San Francisco if that happens. If shit happens, I'll definitely be there to show my support for the LGBTQ community. Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Will there? I thought San Francisco was now overrun with rich yuppie scum who don't want to see poor people in their city?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-01-2017, 07:04 PM
(30-01-2017 06:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Will there? I thought San Francisco was now overrun with rich yuppie scum who don't want to see poor people in their city?

Huge LGBTQ community in SF.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2017, 08:53 AM
(30-01-2017 03:09 PM)kineo Wrote:  Angry

Guess what! He's going to make it nice and fuzzy-friendly to discriminate against LGBTQ people!! Isn't that just fucking wicked exciting?

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/01/sourc...ming-soon/

I bet you can't wait for this stupid-fucking country to regress further into dumbfuckiness, because I sure can! Jesus fucking Christ.

The fact that this claim to defending "religious liberty" comes on the heels of a ban on Muslims traveling to America is so fucking backwards. I feel so powerless. Sadcryface

The story you posted has been updated to include the fact that the Trump admin has no plans to actually pass an executive order to allow discrimination against LGBTQ citizens. Moreover, he announced specifically he was keeping in place Obama's executive order protecting LGBTQ workers rights.

[Image: LGBTQ-600x319.png]

I'm not too worried about Trump going out of his way targeting LGBTQ for discrimination. During the campaign, the little he spoke of the issues he was rather outspoken about protecting LGBTQ rights. He never got enough credit from the community for that in my view.

I am more worried about the people around him and the GOP party in power deciding to pass legislation that harms LGBTQ rights, and I am worried that Trump might allow such things to pass for the sake of expediency or as a bargaining chip to accomplish some other goal. Pence truly is an enemy of the LGBTQ community, and he has a lot of influence on policy.

So far, Trump is actually doing the things he said he would even if unpopular, and he said he would protect LGBTQ rights. That gives me some cautious hope that he will push back against the religious right if they target LGBTQ rights even if it would be unpopular among the GOP. I hope he does not sacrifice LGBTQ rights in pursuit of appeasing the religious right.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post