Commander In Chief Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Commander In Chief Forum
Did any of you watch it?

It was pretty interesting. A few controversial issues as usual. Hillary really took a beating from veterans that asked questions.

Some are saying Clinton sported a new hair style to hide the ear piece in her ear feeding her answers. Some zoomed in pictures popped up on the internet showing the small earpiece. Conspiracy theory maybe?

Hillary better hope she does better in the debates. NBC news poll has Trump as the winner of this mini debate by a large margin. Heavy.com poll has Trump the winner 69% to 29%. Both liberal sources.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 09:52 AM
RE: Commander In Chief Forum
Why am I not surprised you have resurfaced today? She will destroy him in debates. Why? Because they will be on the same stage and asked the same questions and won't be coddled like Matt Lauer did with Trump. This is what happens when you have a Today Show host moderate a forum like this. He held her feet to the fire on, of all things, email, for 15 of the 30 minutes alotted each candidate, cutting her off so he could get in all of the questions they had planned, but when Trump lied twice about his stance in Libya and Iraq, Lauer did nothing, despite having the truth written on notes in his hands.

Ultimately, Trump hurt himself on this night because he provided so much fodder for an undecided audience to use against him. Did you hear his "keep the oil" spew? His generals comment? Either of those could be his "47% comment" that dooms him.

I could go on all day about those horrible 24 minutes for Trump.

Clinton gave a clear concise answer to the emails, finally, and now the Colin Powell email to her has been released and vindicates her. She will win in November.

Book it.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2016, 09:57 AM
(08-09-2016 09:52 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Why am I not surprised you have resurfaced today? She will destroy him in debates. Why? Because they will be on the same stage and asked the same questions and won't be coddled like Matt Lauer did with Trump. This is what happens when you have a Today Show host moderate a forum like this. He held her feet to the fire on, of all things, email, for 15 of the 30 minutes alotted each candidate, cutting her off so he could get in all of the questions they had planned, but when Trump lied twice about his stance in Libya and Iraq, Lauer did nothing, despite having the truth written on notes in his hands.

Ultimately, Trump hurt himself on this night because he provided so much fodder for an undecided audience to use against him. Did you hear his "keep the oil" spew? His generals comment? Either of those could be his "47% comment" that dooms him.

I could go on all day about those horrible 24 minutes for Trump.

Clinton gave a clear concise answer to the emails, finally, and now the Colin Powell email to her has been released and vindicates her. She will win in November.

Book it.

You must be a part of the 28% that thinks she won last night.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-09-2016, 10:22 AM
If all it takes is flag-waving bullshit to satisfy you then you are a hopeless Drumpfuck.

I loved his "secret plan" to destroy ISIS. What is that like? Double Secret Probation?

Drumpf's a fucking moron. And it seems you are too.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
08-09-2016, 10:29 AM
This is a partial transcript of Matt Lauer interviewing Drumpf (and yes, I know Lauer's not the sharpest tool in the shed LOL)...

LAUER: But yesterday, you actually told us a little bit about your plan in your speech. You said this. Quote, “We’re going to convene my top generals and they will have 30 days to submit a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS.” So is the plan you’ve been hiding this whole time asking someone else for their plan?

TRUMP: No. But when I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine, or maybe doesn’t — I may love what the generals come back with. I will convene …

LAUER: But you have your own plan?

TRUMP: I have a plan. But I want to be — I don’t want to — look. I have a very substantial chance of winning. Make America great again. We’re going to make America great again. I have a substantial chance of winning. If I win, I don’t want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is.

LAUER: But you’re going to …

TRUMP: And let me tell you, if I like maybe a combination of my plan and the generals’ plan, or the generals’ plan, if I like their plan, Matt, I’m not going to call you up and say, “Matt, we have a great plan.” This is what Obama does. “We’re going to leave Iraq on a certain day.”

LAUER: But you’re going to convene a panel of generals, and you’ve already said you know more about ISIS than those generals do.

TRUMP: Well, they will probably be different generals, to be honest with you.

—Drumpf's responses have been described as a Miss Teen South Carolina-level word salad LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
08-09-2016, 12:08 PM
(08-09-2016 09:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You must be a part of the 28% that thinks she won last night.

It's not so much I think she won or he lost, because frankly, this wasn't a won-loss thing, it wasn't a debate.

But, as the show was titled, if you were using that forum to judge who is most capable/prepared to be Commander in Chief, then absolutely I think she "won."

Trump made nine major mistakes last night, including not even understanding this isn't the 18th Century and you don't get to invade countries and keep the spoils, or you don't insult generals in a forum specifically for veterans and military.

So, do I think he won? No. He provided all kinds of meat to snack on if you're his opponent.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
08-09-2016, 12:10 PM
(08-09-2016 10:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This is a partial transcript of Matt Lauer interviewing Drumpf (and yes, I know Lauer's not the sharpest tool in the shed LOL)...

LAUER: But yesterday, you actually told us a little bit about your plan in your speech. You said this. Quote, “We’re going to convene my top generals and they will have 30 days to submit a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS.” So is the plan you’ve been hiding this whole time asking someone else for their plan?

TRUMP: No. But when I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine, or maybe doesn’t — I may love what the generals come back with. I will convene …

LAUER: But you have your own plan?

TRUMP: I have a plan. But I want to be — I don’t want to — look. I have a very substantial chance of winning. Make America great again. We’re going to make America great again. I have a substantial chance of winning. If I win, I don’t want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is.

LAUER: But you’re going to …

TRUMP: And let me tell you, if I like maybe a combination of my plan and the generals’ plan, or the generals’ plan, if I like their plan, Matt, I’m not going to call you up and say, “Matt, we have a great plan.” This is what Obama does. “We’re going to leave Iraq on a certain day.”

LAUER: But you’re going to convene a panel of generals, and you’ve already said you know more about ISIS than those generals do.

TRUMP: Well, they will probably be different generals, to be honest with you.

—Drumpf's responses have been described as a Miss Teen South Carolina-level word salad LOL.

absols is that you? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-09-2016, 03:23 PM
(08-09-2016 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 10:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This is a partial transcript of Matt Lauer interviewing Drumpf (and yes, I know Lauer's not the sharpest tool in the shed LOL)...

absols is that you? Blink

Nope. My name's Geoff and I live in Australia. I'm assuming 'absols' was a past TTA member?

Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-09-2016, 04:02 PM
(09-09-2016 03:23 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  absols is that you? Blink

Nope. My name's Geoff and I live in Australia. I'm assuming 'absols' was a past TTA member?

Huh

I think she's referring to Trump's answers that you quoted. Absols was a forum member who... just seemed a bit loopy. They'd post words in sentences and you'd sort of half guess that maybe they were desperately trying to convey a message, but he/she/it was just too out to lunch.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-09-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 05:19 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Personally I found Trump's performance abysmal, especially considering he tried to correct a veteran with PTSD about the number of veterans who kill themselves every day, and did so with the wrong answer when she was correct and then tried to walk it back to a 20 to 22 range. Meanwhile, his only True claim, as rated by Politifact, was that he received more Republican votes than anyone else ever has.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post