Comment I posted on Livescience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Comment I posted on Livescience
Hey folks! I'm new to the forums although I have been listening to Seth for a few weeks now. I read an article yesterday about "Why atheists celebrate christmas". You can read more about it here:

http://www.livescience.com/17289-atheist...hurch.html

There is one guy posting on there that can't speak/type english very well going on and on about his beliefs. I translated some of his stuff but still confusing. He seems like all religious folks with his insistence on why we should believe. I thought I would share my response to him with you. It was a quick type so I'm sure I have errors in my drawn out sentences lol

Quote:Alexander Bisco I do not need an explanation of your beliefs. I know them all to well. Nothing you can ever say will make me believe in imaginary beings. I have a hard time understanding anything you are saying, even if i use the translator. I was a believer for many years. I have read the religious books many times and each time I do I get stronger in my non-belief. I don't believe in ghosts or any supernatural beings of any sort. Since I stopped believing in that sort of mess I no longer fear bumps in the night.

I cannot believe in a supernatural being ever. If something spectacular happened in my life I would not throw in an imaginary being. I would think that it was something I could not explain and haven't learned yet. I refuse to let my imagination overwhelm reality. Not one person on this planet can provide real evidence of a supernatural being. Only evidence provided is something that can be explained away in normal reality.

My cousin is a famous televangelist (jimmy swaggart). I live in a highly religious region of the United States. It is sickening how these people can't seem to make it through a day without begging people to pray for them. They are so unhappy. I am extremely happy since I gave up all of that religious mess. I have never been happier and it is only getting better. The only regret I will ever have is that I waited so long to go to a college. I am going to become a nurse with my wife. I have a love for biology, mathematics, and anything science related.

I served in the US Army for 10 years. Part of it I was a christian with fading beliefs and the rest I was an atheist. In my final years in the military as an atheist I became more tolerant of others and my career ended better than it started.

I love to help people but they have to want to help themselves for it to ever be considered "help."

I hope one day you can break the bonds of religious belief that hold your brain, mind, conscious prisoner.
I hope one day you an be as strong as I am on my own two feet without imaginary help.
I hope one day you can take credit for your accomplishments and not give credit to imaginary help.
I hope one day you can give thanks to all of the people that strive to live in a community as a whole without giving thanks to an imaginary being that has done zero to increase your happiness.

I hope for you and all the people in the world to break free from the bondage; to strive to become as intelligent and amazing as the human population can and should be.

I hope for people like you!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clint Barnett's post
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
RE: Comment I posted on Livescience
Your cousin is Jimmy Swaggart?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
(05-12-2011 05:02 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Your cousin is Jimmy Swaggart?

This.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
So, is this guy's name Alexander Bisco or...? I wasn't certain by the way it was written.

If this man is not formally educated, I would have to say he is quite adept in articulating his ideas, and he presented his thoughts very eloquently.
_______
Dodgy Shit -how many cousins does Swaggart have?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 05:27 PM by Clint Barnett.)
(05-12-2011 05:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 05:02 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Your cousin is Jimmy Swaggart?

This.

Yes and Jerry Lee Louis, distant about 4th but I have to live with that kind of silly mess around me lol. My grand-mother knew them quite well when she was growing up. More like her 2nd.
(05-12-2011 05:20 PM)kim Wrote:  So, is this guy's name Alexander Bisco or...? I wasn't certain by the way it was written.

If this man is not formally educated, I would have to say he is quite adept in articulating his ideas, and he presented his thoughts very eloquently.
_______
Dodgy Shit -how many cousins does Swaggart have?

I wrote the quote. It was sort of an introduction I just copied over here and didn't edit. (I scanned the rules and didn't post in the introduction forum first) I was typing to that Bisco guy, it was a reply to him. Believe me if you saw his writing you wouldn't be saying that. It was jibberish.

How many cousins does he have? Well my grandmother had about 7 sisters. My other grandparents had many more. My other grandfather had about 18-21 brothers and sisters. We have a slightly large family in case you didn't notice.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I think your reply was a good one, so far as I can tell without reading the post to which you were replying.

(05-12-2011 05:22 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  How many cousins does he have? Well my grandmother had about 7 sisters. My other grandparents had many more. My other grandfather had about 18-21 brothers and sisters. We have a slightly large family in case you didn't notice.

Wow. O.o