Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(02-12-2015 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 09:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not wasting my time going back and reading posts to find out who stated what. I have yet to say anything that conflicts, outright with general consensus relating to scientific law. Another member here stated they had evidence and continued to talk as if they submitted such evidence when they had not. I have not done this, but even do I am constantly asked for evidence. Just another case and point on the general closed minded perception of those here who are loud.

The expression you're looking for is "case in point".

You claimed the moralities of the monotheisms are all the same. Support it or retract it.
The Druze (/druːz/;[14] Arabic: درزي‎ derzī or durzī, plural دروز durūz; Hebrew: דרוזי‎ drūzī plural דרוזים, druzim) are an Arabic-speaking esoteric ethnoreligious group,[15] originating in Southwestern Asia, who self-identify as unitarians (Al-Muwaḥḥidūn/Muwahhideen).[16] Jethro of Midian is considered an ancestor of all Druze and revered as their spiritual founder as well as chief prophet.[17][18][19][20][21]

The Druze faith is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion based on the teachings of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Akhenaten, Hamza, and Al Hakim.[22][23] The Epistles of Wisdom is the foundational text of the Druze faith, alongside supplemental texts such as the Epistles of India.[24] The Druze faith incorporates elements of Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, Pythagoreanism, Ismailism,[25] Judaism,[16] Christianity,[16] and Hinduism,[26] and other philosophies and beliefs, creating a distinct and secretive theology known to esoterically interpret religious scriptures and to highlight the role of the mind and truthfulness.[16][26] The Druze follow theophany, and believe in reincarnation or the transmigration of the soul.[27] At the end of the cycle of rebirth, which is achieved through successive reincarnations, the soul is united with the Cosmic Mind (Al Aaqal Al Kulli).[28]

Although dwarfed by other, larger communities, the Druze community played an important role in shaping the history of the Levant, and continues to play a large political role there. As an ethnic and religious minority in every country in which they live, they have frequently experienced persecution. Druze are not considered Muslims[29][30][31][32] and are thus often labeled as infidels (Murtadun).[33] Ali az-Zahir of the Fatimid Caliphate campaigned to exterminate the faith, ethnically cleansing Druze communities in Antioch, Aleppo, and northern Syria. Further attempts were made by the Mamluks and Ottomans.[34] Most recently, Druze were targeted by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Al-Qaeda[35] in order to cleanse Syria and neighboring countries of non-Islamic influence.[36]

The Druze faith is one of the major religious groups in the Levant, with about 1.5 million adherents. They are found primarily in Syria, Lebanon and Israel, with small communities in Jordan and outside Southwestern Asia. The oldest and most densely-populated Druze communities exist in Mount Lebanon and in the south of Syria around Jabal al-Druze (literally the "Mountain of the Druzes").[37] The Druze's social customs differ markedly from those of Muslims or Christians, and they are known to form a close-knit, cohesive community but also integrate fully in their adopted homelands.

The Bahá'í Faith (Persian: بهائیت‎‎ Bahá'iyyat, Arabic: بهائية‎‎ Bahá'iyya /bəˈhaɪ/[note 1]) is a monotheistic religion which emphasizes the spiritual unity of all humankind.[1] Three core principles establish a basis for Bahá'í teachings and doctrine: the unity of God, that there is only one God who is the source of all creation; the unity of religion, that all major religions have the same spiritual source and come from the same God; and the unity of humanity, that all humans have been created equal, coupled with the unity in diversity, that diversity of race and culture are seen as worthy of appreciation and acceptance.[2] According to the Bahá'í Faith's teachings, the human purpose is to learn to know and to love God through such methods as prayer, reflection and being of service to humanity.

From Wikipedia
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 08:39 PM
(03-12-2015 08:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  The expression you're looking for is "case in point".

You claimed the moralities of the monotheisms are all the same. Support it or retract it.
The Druze (/druːz/;[14] Arabic: درزي‎ derzī or durzī, plural دروز durūz; Hebrew: דרוזי‎ drūzī plural דרוזים, druzim) are an Arabic-speaking esoteric ethnoreligious group,[15] originating in Southwestern Asia, who self-identify as unitarians (Al-Muwaḥḥidūn/Muwahhideen).[16] Jethro of Midian is considered an ancestor of all Druze and revered as their spiritual founder as well as chief prophet.[17][18][19][20][21]

The Druze faith is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion based on the teachings of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Akhenaten, Hamza, and Al Hakim.[22][23] The Epistles of Wisdom is the foundational text of the Druze faith, alongside supplemental texts such as the Epistles of India.[24] The Druze faith incorporates elements of Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, Pythagoreanism, Ismailism,[25] Judaism,[16] Christianity,[16] and Hinduism,[26] and other philosophies and beliefs, creating a distinct and secretive theology known to esoterically interpret religious scriptures and to highlight the role of the mind and truthfulness.[16][26] The Druze follow theophany, and believe in reincarnation or the transmigration of the soul.[27] At the end of the cycle of rebirth, which is achieved through successive reincarnations, the soul is united with the Cosmic Mind (Al Aaqal Al Kulli).[28]

Although dwarfed by other, larger communities, the Druze community played an important role in shaping the history of the Levant, and continues to play a large political role there. As an ethnic and religious minority in every country in which they live, they have frequently experienced persecution. Druze are not considered Muslims[29][30][31][32] and are thus often labeled as infidels (Murtadun).[33] Ali az-Zahir of the Fatimid Caliphate campaigned to exterminate the faith, ethnically cleansing Druze communities in Antioch, Aleppo, and northern Syria. Further attempts were made by the Mamluks and Ottomans.[34] Most recently, Druze were targeted by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Al-Qaeda[35] in order to cleanse Syria and neighboring countries of non-Islamic influence.[36]

The Druze faith is one of the major religious groups in the Levant, with about 1.5 million adherents. They are found primarily in Syria, Lebanon and Israel, with small communities in Jordan and outside Southwestern Asia. The oldest and most densely-populated Druze communities exist in Mount Lebanon and in the south of Syria around Jabal al-Druze (literally the "Mountain of the Druzes").[37] The Druze's social customs differ markedly from those of Muslims or Christians, and they are known to form a close-knit, cohesive community but also integrate fully in their adopted homelands.

The Bahá'í Faith (Persian: بهائیت‎‎ Bahá'iyyat, Arabic: بهائية‎‎ Bahá'iyya /bəˈhaɪ/[note 1]) is a monotheistic religion which emphasizes the spiritual unity of all humankind.[1] Three core principles establish a basis for Bahá'í teachings and doctrine: the unity of God, that there is only one God who is the source of all creation; the unity of religion, that all major religions have the same spiritual source and come from the same God; and the unity of humanity, that all humans have been created equal, coupled with the unity in diversity, that diversity of race and culture are seen as worthy of appreciation and acceptance.[2] According to the Bahá'í Faith's teachings, the human purpose is to learn to know and to love God through such methods as prayer, reflection and being of service to humanity.

From Wikipedia

That has pretty much nothing to do with your claim. Try again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-12-2015, 08:49 PM
(02-12-2015 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 09:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not wasting my time going back and reading posts to find out who stated what. I have yet to say anything that conflicts, outright with general consensus relating to scientific law. Another member here stated they had evidence and continued to talk as if they submitted such evidence when they had not. I have not done this, but even do I am constantly asked for evidence. Just another case and point on the general closed minded perception of those here who are loud.

The expression you're looking for is "case in point".

Specified peaceable monotheistic faiths, based on core belief and scripture, not the actions or words of any, so called, followers of those faiths or religions.
03-12-2015, 08:54 PM
(03-12-2015 08:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  The expression you're looking for is "case in point".

Specified peaceable monotheistic faiths, based on core belief and scripture, not the actions or words of any, so called, followers of those faiths or religions.

No, you didn't. Stop prevaricating.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-12-2015, 09:38 PM
(03-12-2015 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Specified peaceable monotheistic faiths, based on core belief and scripture, not the actions or words of any, so called, followers of those faiths or religions.

Quote it then. Have stated it probably 100 times. How would you know what I mean anyway? peaceable core scriptures

Why would. be interested in religions that aren't peaceable and contradict what I say? I haven't found one yet, but I'm sure they are out there. The only religious system I have come across so far that at first glance seemed somewhat similar, but after further inquiry proved to actually be opposite in some ways was Buddhism.
03-12-2015, 09:39 PM
(03-12-2015 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Specified peaceable monotheistic faiths, based on core belief and scripture, not the actions or words of any, so called, followers of those faiths or religions.

Oh yeah....ancient Roman Catholic church also deceptive. Not followers though, they're just really confused for he most part.
03-12-2015, 10:41 PM
(03-12-2015 09:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you didn't. Stop prevaricating.
Oh yeah....ancient Roman Catholic church also deceptive. Not followers though, they're just really confused for he most part.

Hello Pops.

WTF are you talking about?

Would you please explain where exactly it is you are coming from? I am trying to follow your train of thought but it seems to be more screwed up than mine. And I'm wacko jacko!

You speak of the Roman Catholic church. From what time period do you believe it began, for example? Do you mean from when the West fell to the Vandals? Or do you mean later after Flavius Belisarius tried to win it back on behalf of Justinian?

Or was it earlier, after Constantine took the cream of the crop with him to the new capital and those left behind were, as Ammianus Marcellinus said it, put out?

Or do you mean the time lated when Paganism was losing its followers and many pagan priests joined the xian church in order to have food and shelter?

There is so much amiss with what you state. Do you know anything of this history at all?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 11:07 PM
(03-12-2015 09:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you didn't. Stop prevaricating.
Quote it then. Have stated it probably 100 times. How would you know what I mean anyway? peaceable core scriptures

You said:
(30-11-2015 10:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said they didn't have differences and flaws of sorts. Just that the core stories, moral code, and God are the same. Still. This will be fun. I'll wait patiently for your claimed proof.

You said nothing about 'peaceable core scriptures'. You are delusional.

04-12-2015, 08:42 AM
(03-12-2015 11:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Quote it then. Have stated it probably 100 times. How would you know what I mean anyway? peaceable core scriptures

You said:
(30-11-2015 10:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said they didn't have differences and flaws of sorts. Just that the core stories, moral code, and God are the same. Still. This will be fun. I'll wait patiently for your claimed proof.

You said nothing about 'peaceable core scriptures'. You are delusional.
Congratulations. You are right. I didn't say it n that Ventricular quote. Hey, since you have no problem going back and quoting things maybe you could quote the individual who claimed they had evidence refuting my stance.

Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

Peace
04-12-2015, 08:50 AM
(03-12-2015 10:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh yeah....ancient Roman Catholic church also deceptive. Not followers though, they're just really confused for he most part.

Hello Pops.

WTF are you talking about?

Would you please explain where exactly it is you are coming from? I am trying to follow your train of thought but it seems to be more screwed up than mine. And I'm wacko jacko!

You speak of the Roman Catholic church. From what time period do you believe it began, for example? Do you mean from when the West fell to the Vandals? Or do you mean later after Flavius Belisarius tried to win it back on behalf of Justinian?

Or was it earlier, after Constantine took the cream of the crop with him to the new capital and those left behind were, as Ammianus Marcellinus said it, put out?

Or do you mean the time lated when Paganism was losing its followers and many pagan priests joined the xian church in order to have food and shelter?

There is so much amiss with what you state. Do you know anything of this history at all?
The ancient Roman Catholic church was with pagan intent from before Jesus was crucified. They lead in the deception of the masses and the neutering of the faithful. Arius tryed to set them straight, to no avail. The powers that be in regards to the arcc were always of greed and hunger for power, and cared not of any direction under God but of there own rise to power and domination. You seem quite versed in history regarding that era. Perhaps you could refer some hIstorical reading that is as far as you know , somewhat unbiased. So far based on what I have read and observed,the rcc and pagans were in bed together prior to the crucifixion. Any reading material you refer would be appreciated as history isn't my strong suit.

Thanks, peace.