Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(04-12-2015 11:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 11:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The similarities I spoke of regarding monotheistic and abrahamic religions.

Abrahamic religions ARE monotheistic. What are you talking about?

Oh, and by the way...
Are you here to “witness”?
Why are you here on this forum?
Are you here looking for converts?
Are you here because your god is telling you to be here?
I have spoken of why I am here enough.

Adrahamic religions are monotheistic and dualistic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
(04-12-2015 11:55 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have spoken of why I am here enough.

Yes. yes you have.

Too bad most of it is incoherent.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-12-2015, 12:03 PM
(04-12-2015 11:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The similarities I spoke of regarding monotheistic and abrahamic religions.

That's where I'd say you somehow are desperately missing something... and no surprise since you've said You said you wouldn't even go back and look at who said what 3 posts after your statement. You miss the point being about the moral code part being significantly relevant? Somehow you miss that?

The biggest trend against your CLAIM was people saying, not their moral codes are not the same in the direct posts following, with multiple posts before your next post showing written out examples of why.

You then replied saying nobody was going to refute you(Yet I guess more of you not bothering to read the posts because it was right there) which that post was followed by more posts directly referencing textual & belief ideas of difference between the moral code. You still never responded to that at all and act like those posts never existed. Why? You just make a post on 1 choice response and don't bother looking at other posts after you made yours? You know what you ask for is so often right there but you just ignore it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-12-2015, 12:08 PM
(04-12-2015 12:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

That's where I'd say you somehow are desperately missing something... and no surprise since you've said You said you wouldn't even go back and look at who said what 3 posts after your statement. You miss the point being about the moral code part being significantly relevant? Somehow you miss that?

The biggest trend against your CLAIM was people saying, not their moral codes are not the same in the direct posts following, with multiple posts before your next post showing written out examples of why.

You then replied saying nobody was going to refute you(Yet I guess more of you not bothering to read the posts because it was right there) which that post was followed by more posts directly referencing textual & belief ideas of difference between the moral code. You still never responded to that at all and act like those posts never existed. Why? You just make a post on 1 choice response and don't bother looking at other posts after you made yours? You know what you ask for is so often right there but you just ignore it.
I often don't see many posts. Please give the numbers of posts where someone showed differences in moral code based on core scriptural differences and I will gladly look over them.

Thanks
04-12-2015, 12:14 PM
(04-12-2015 10:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  freedom from or the cessation of war or violence.

"the Straits were to be open to warships in time of peace"

synonyms:law and order,lawfulness, order,peacefulness,peaceableness,harmony,nonviolence;

formalconcord

"we pray for peace"

Generally the context I mean.

[Image: Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
04-12-2015, 12:25 PM
(04-12-2015 12:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Perhaps a graphic would help pops? Lets see.

[Image: whoosh_by_medli20-d520mia.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-12-2015, 12:31 PM
(04-12-2015 08:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The ancient Roman Catholic church was with pagan intent from before Jesus was crucified.

I think I'd really like to hear more about the pagan intent of the ancient Roman Catholic Church from before Jesus was crucified.

Popcorn

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
04-12-2015, 12:51 PM
(04-12-2015 12:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 12:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's where I'd say you somehow are desperately missing something... and no surprise since you've said You said you wouldn't even go back and look at who said what 3 posts after your statement. You miss the point being about the moral code part being significantly relevant? Somehow you miss that?

I often don't see many posts. Please give the numbers of posts where someone showed differences in moral code based on core scriptural differences and I will gladly look over them.

Thanks

Oh FFS. Too much effort for you to go read a couple of pages in the thread for yourself? Dishonest, stupid, and lazy: the Pops trinity.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
04-12-2015, 02:09 PM
(29-11-2015 02:08 PM)julep Wrote:  Well if Pops's reading of the report is right and salvation and purpose are for all, then I don't understand why he needs to be yammering on here. We're all gonna be saved whether we want to or not, so let's get on with more entertaining conversations.

It's going to be a short thread if Pops refuses even to try to provide some evidence for his claims.
Salvation is for all who accept it and is not for those who do not
04-12-2015, 02:10 PM
(29-11-2015 02:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 02:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  When I was a believer there were times when I was euphoric in my thinking that my personal god was going to save me and everything would be perfect and full of love etc. I could not wait to share my new found understanding with everyone. I ceratinly did not expect to be met with indiference or hostility to my beliefs.

Then I turned 14.

Late bloomer.

Very good!

Pops is a consumer, a bottom dweller. He's been fed the bullshit, and swallowed it...hook, line and sinker.

We all want purpose in our lives. Churches know that, so they offer everyone Jeebus....the generic, default answer to a meaningless life. The consumer need not put in any effort for himself...all that's required is faith, and voila! Average Joe becomes a shining light, someone special, with something to look forward to, and a burning need to tell everyone else about it.

The church cashes in...

"Just put your donation in the plate, thanks, and you've paid for admission to the theme park...after you die. Please go out and tell everyone else about this fantastic deal."

It's a licence to print tax free money.
Wasn't ever indoctinated