Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(30-11-2015 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 02:29 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well they hadn't heard anyone else having that sideeffect and it made them somewhat nervous. But as long as I didn't perceived it as a danger they would wait and see what would happen. Which was nothing.
It was Seroquel prolong by the way.

I been taking Seroquel for years and it never made me trip. I must be doing it wrong. It is the best sleeping pill I've ever taken including barbiturates. Gives me vivid, sometimes lucid, dreams.
If seraquil makes you sleep then you really shouldn't be taking it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 02:21 PM
(30-11-2015 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 02:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed I do honestly believe that others will, at some point see and experience things similar to what I have and do. You bring up valid points. When speaking of oddities one should always be considerate of their state of mind. Drugs have effects that easily distort the perception of reality. Singular cases of things, especially while under any adverse influence should be taken with a grain of salt.

Once you are experienced, despite what you think, that state of mind can be replicated through will alone.
Experienced in what ? What state of mind?
04-12-2015, 02:23 PM
(04-12-2015 08:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  You said:

You said nothing about 'peaceable core scriptures'. You are delusional.
Congratulations. You are right. I didn't say it n that Ventricular quote. Hey, since you have no problem going back and quoting things maybe you could quote the individual who claimed they had evidence refuting my stance.

Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

Peace

Nope, not me. Keep holding your breath.

What is a ''Ventricular quote"? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2015, 02:23 PM
(30-11-2015 03:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So pops, you gave up on our 1:1?

Didn't you say you were being bombarded by too many people and preferred a quieter place to talk?

Last I looked you had yet to answer a half dozen questions I asked.

Let me know here or there if you're done with me.
Not done at all. Didn't realize I left you with questions. Please refer to post number.
Thank you.
04-12-2015, 02:24 PM
(04-12-2015 08:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 10:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello Pops.

WTF are you talking about?

Would you please explain where exactly it is you are coming from? I am trying to follow your train of thought but it seems to be more screwed up than mine. And I'm wacko jacko!

You speak of the Roman Catholic church. From what time period do you believe it began, for example? Do you mean from when the West fell to the Vandals? Or do you mean later after Flavius Belisarius tried to win it back on behalf of Justinian?

Or was it earlier, after Constantine took the cream of the crop with him to the new capital and those left behind were, as Ammianus Marcellinus said it, put out?

Or do you mean the time lated when Paganism was losing its followers and many pagan priests joined the xian church in order to have food and shelter?

There is so much amiss with what you state. Do you know anything of this history at all?
The ancient Roman Catholic church was with pagan intent from before Jesus was crucified. They lead in the deception of the masses and the neutering of the faithful. Arius tryed to set them straight, to no avail. The powers that be in regards to the arcc were always of greed and hunger for power, and cared not of any direction under God but of there own rise to power and domination. You seem quite versed in history regarding that era. Perhaps you could refer some hIstorical reading that is as far as you know , somewhat unbiased. So far based on what I have read and observed,the rcc and pagans were in bed together prior to the crucifixion. Any reading material you refer would be appreciated as history isn't my strong suit.

Thanks, peace.

There was no Roman Catholic church before Jesus was crucified. You are a moron. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-12-2015, 02:28 PM
(04-12-2015 02:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 02:08 PM)julep Wrote:  Well if Pops's reading of the report is right and salvation and purpose are for all, then I don't understand why he needs to be yammering on here. We're all gonna be saved whether we want to or not, so let's get on with more entertaining conversations.

It's going to be a short thread if Pops refuses even to try to provide some evidence for his claims.
Salvation is for all who accept it and is not for those who do not

Absolutely! All one has to do is believe in the Great Pumpkin and ensure you eat a slice of pumpkin pie at the stroke of midnight of the third Thursday of every month, and salvation is yours!!!!!!!!!!

ah, Isn't making up shit fun?

Let's recap pops....

Zero evidence of god

Zero evidence of jesus as no one who ever wrote of jesus knew him

Zero evidence of the major magical stories of the bible actually being true, in fact, actual evidence totally debunks them having happened.

Synoptic gospels were not written by their namesakes, and were all in fact pseudonymous works.

Zero evidence of prayer working.

Zero evidence that the Christian theory of incarnation and atonement are real, and work as advertised.

Sorry pops, I can make up stupid stories all day, doesn't make them true either. The only thing separating religion and mythology is time. It comes down to an IQ test....it seems you may have received a failing grade on that exam thusfar....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-12-2015, 02:28 PM
(30-11-2015 09:52 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 07:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Throw

I can show you your bullshit specifically, the three Abrahamic religions conflict with each other over specific doctrinal positions. You blithely ignore these contradictory doctrines to assert there are similarities while ignoring these doctrinal contradictions. When you ignore these doctrinal contradictions you demonstrate your bias and your inherent disregard for each of these religions.
This makes you demonstrably incapable of seeing which doctrines have any truth in them from the point of view of each of the adherents of these particular faiths and from the point of view of those of us who call bullshit on the whole thing.

Your inability to determine what is wrong with these religions, demonstrates your inability to determine truth. They can't all be right!

Of course you think you can dismiss these doctrinal contradictions as easy as wiping your ass with each of their doctrinal foundations and tossing it into a pile, then you point to the pile of shit that you made and proudly proclaim - God is somewhere underneath my pile of shit!

All of the adherents of these faiths would denounce you and any atheist will tell you your pile of shit stinks.

You know what the best thing to do is when you're swimming in bullshit?

Close your mouth and quit swallowing it!
Maybe you didn't realize it but there are more than three abrahamic religions. Also, I don't throw out discrepancies. The differences of the three you mention are for good reason, but if you can't even lost the differences then why should I do your work for you?
04-12-2015, 02:30 PM
What I've learned from this discussion.

FC: What is your favorite color?

P : The color that I've chosen. You wouldn't like.

FC: That's fine. Just explain.

P: If you're not going to bother to look at what i've said on this question in the past then obviously you're a nit wit. Colors can be many things that can be light they can be dark. The color that I have, and that I've come to know was giving to me at a young age, and because of this I've grown the make this color my own. Refer to a Crayon,or a Marker. You'll find your answer.

FC: So your favorite color is?

P: I have seen this on numerous occasions with reassures me that my favorite color is and will always be the right favorite color. Why don't you think this is my favoirte color?

FC: I don't know. I don't even know what your favorite color is.

P: I've found other people from other places like my color as well. different times. This is proof to me that my favorite color should be everyone's favorite color. I would explain if further but you wouldn't believe me or understand it's complexity's.

[Image: creating_a_safe_open_space_is_key_to_tal...ivorce.jpg]

Now Pops since my previous joke was lost on you i'll explain.

I'm not looking for your favorite color. I sure whatever it is, it's very nice. I asked what your favorite color in this small example because, I wanted to come up with a simple question one the should have a response with a simple answer. Such as.

Quote:Why are you here on this forum?

A simple response would be.

I listened to the pod cast and wanted to check out the web-sight.

or

I came across it one day when i was looking for religious forums. I stick around because i enjoy debates.

instead you responded in a large un-connected tangent. Never giving a clear answer.

Quote:I am here out of duty as stated. I know that I cannot easily sway any here by myself. Never expected it to be easy though, and am not alone. Perhaps we can continue conversation and when I come across something that I can relate what I consider evidence for, I will do so.

It makes a simple conversation turn into a hodgepodge of convoluted word salad. Full Circle didn't get mean. Or abrasive with you, but your veered from the tracks so often it was obvious he was getting frustrated. He gave you a chance to explain your position. instead.

Quote:I can give evidence for God. You may consider it mindless rambling though as I cannot reproduce the things I have witnessed.

Self contradictory.
You can give evidence of God. But you can not give evidence of God.

You never give any examples.

You jump to conclusions.

Quote:I understand that most here consider scripture to be fable, but when viewed more thoroughly throughout many religions it is easy to see that they are all very similar even though they span time and geographical boundaries.

You say a lot. And nothing at the same time.

Someone gave you a platform and you threw it to the ground.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
04-12-2015, 02:32 PM
(01-12-2015 12:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 08:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes I do. Just because I have proof and evidence that I cannot reproduce doesn't mean its not evidence to me. Does that conform to what you define as evidence to fit your argument? No. Is it still proof? Yes to the individual who experienced it.

So if my kid received a gift purportedly from Santa, that becomes proof that Santa exists?

I don't think it works that way.

Also, even a so-called eye witness makes mistakes. After my cat died, for months later I would look out of the corner of my eye and swear he was laying on the floor.

Really my brain put together a familiar image, based on something completely incomplete. I only caught a glimpse of a white bag...but my brain went to the first most logical thing to be beside the window. Not a bag, but my cat.

All you've got is a special pleading -- 'you can't prove it, but just accept this to be true' because you...a guy on the Internet says it's true. Facepalm
I never accepted anything to be true because I say. Th st is some of the dumbest stuff I have heard today.
04-12-2015, 02:33 PM
(04-12-2015 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  There was no Roman Catholic church before Jesus was crucified. You are a moron. Drinking Beverage

Aww... and here I wanted to see how deep a hole he'd dig for himself...
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP