Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(04-12-2015 03:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 02:33 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Aww... and here I wanted to see how deep a hole he'd dig for himself...
Consider

He already walked off a cliff, what more do you want? Facepalm

[Image: pyf7gSSQXH-10.png]

I'm hoping for that moment when he sees that he's hanging out in mid-air.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-12-2015, 03:07 PM
(04-12-2015 03:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 02:57 PM)unfogged Wrote:  That isn't what you said. I'll remind you since you are apparently unable to remember anything or go back and look at old posts:
"The ancient Roman Catholic church was with pagan intent from before Jesus was crucified. "
"So far based on what I have read and observed,the rcc and pagans were in bed together prior to the crucifixion. "

Please elaborate on the RCC as it existed before the crucifixion.
The founders

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Please elaborate on the RCC as it existed before the crucifixion of Jesus.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
04-12-2015, 03:25 PM
(04-12-2015 02:35 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 06:12 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The fact that you brush aside the differences in these religions show that:

1, You do not understand them.

2. You are incapable of any serious thought in regards to any of them.

3. Everything you say can be easily dismissed.

You're own attempts to only assert their similarities undermine your credibility.

I am casting aspersions on your ability to devote serious thought to any religion, when you try to attempt this cafeteria style ad hoc nonsense, you are way out of your depth.

If you were able to demonstrate any understanding towards the various contradictory religions, then you can get around to providing proof that any of your bullshit is true.

Maybe you should find a Christian forum somewhere, there are many to choose from, good luck on smoothing out their sectarian differences, and show them how you have it all figured out.

And you won't even be asked to provide proof, they'll simply debate you endlessly about what their interpretation of the bible is and how it's the Truth, with a capital T.
State the fn differences you mean or shut the fuck up. I was under the impression this conversation was to include two persons. If you insist on interpreting your bs could you at least support it like you said you could?

[Image: Here_we_go_again.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
04-12-2015, 06:26 PM
(04-12-2015 02:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 02:08 PM)julep Wrote:  Well if Pops's reading of the report is right and salvation and purpose are for all, then I don't understand why he needs to be yammering on here. We're all gonna be saved whether we want to or not, so let's get on with more entertaining conversations.

It's going to be a short thread if Pops refuses even to try to provide some evidence for his claims.
Salvation is for all who accept it and is not for those who do not

Then you lied when you said salvation is for all.

Evidently your God's salvation is for fools and quislings.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
04-12-2015, 07:01 PM
(04-12-2015 06:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Evidently your God's salvation is for fools and quislings.

I have to add quisling to my vocabulary, good word. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-12-2015, 07:04 PM
(04-12-2015 06:26 PM)julep Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 02:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Salvation is for all who accept it and is not for those who do not

Then you lied when you said salvation is for all.

How can something benefit you if you refuse to be helped? That doesn't mean it isn't available though.
04-12-2015, 11:42 PM
(04-12-2015 07:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 06:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Then you lied when you said salvation is for all.

How can something benefit you if you refuse to be helped? That doesn't mean it isn't available though.

Refuse?

Your god can't meet his own burden of proof. That makes him a rather poor god, don't you think?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-12-2015, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 06:27 AM by TheInquisition.)
(04-12-2015 06:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Then you lied when you said salvation is for all.

Help from what? What ramifications occur if you don't accept this alleged salvation?

What is this process of accepting salvation? What specifically do you have to do to "accept salvation"?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-12-2015, 07:53 AM

God could save everyone, regardless--if he fucking felt like it. God could convince everyone of his existence and tell everyone clearly (rather than through garbled and contradictory religious texts) what he wanted them to do to help--if he fucking felt like it.
05-12-2015, 09:50 AM
(05-12-2015 07:53 AM)julep Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 07:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can something benefit you if you refuse to be helped? That doesn't mean it isn't available though.

God could save everyone, regardless--if he fucking felt like it. God could convince everyone of his existence and tell everyone clearly (rather than through garbled and contradictory religious texts) what he wanted them to do to help--if he fucking felt like it.

God could do even better than that, it could simply stop being concerned about what tiny mortals did and not concern itself with this insignificant planet or insignificant species. A real god would not need mortals for any reason, we would simply not be the focus of creation, we would be a byproduct of natural laws i.e. evolution.

Even if I were convinced of the existence of a god, I simply can't be convinced it would care to even bother with us considering the vastness of the cosmos. Only silly primates from this planet think they are important enough to merit a god's attention.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post