Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(06-12-2015 02:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 01:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am not trolling and many here are aware of that.

Do I not have a right to convey my opinion here because it varies from yours in ways?

Yes opinion.
I, myself cannot verify what I know for others, making it opinion to them yet fact to me. Call it whatever makes you more comfortable, by I should have a right to be here.

You have nothing to back up your claims, you don't listen or understand what others point out to, you can't cite references for your assertions. IMHO this is Classic troll behavior.

ps I even tried engaging you 1:1 asking questions, trying to get you to clarify your reasons for being here and you abandoned the thread. You don't want dialogue, you want to spout your woo crap.
I didn't abandon anything. I'm still here. My support is scriptural and through my personal experiences. Things you throw out without consideration.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2015, 02:37 PM
(06-12-2015 02:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 01:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am not trolling and many here are aware of that.

Do I not have a right to convey my opinion here because it varies from yours in ways?

Yes opinion.
I, myself cannot verify what I know for others, making it opinion to them yet fact to me. Call it whatever makes you more comfortable, by I should have a right to be here.

You have nothing to back up your claims, you don't listen or understand what others point out to, you can't cite references for your assertions. IMHO this is Classic troll behavior.

ps I even tried engaging you 1:1 asking questions, trying to get you to clarify your reasons for being here and you abandoned the thread. You don't want dialogue, you want to spout your woo crap.
Also, how can you justifiably say that I don't listen. How would you know. No one here has ever shown anything I have said, in regards to my beliefs, to be wrong. So what have I refuted that has been shown to me? What things have I not considered that contradict my beliefs? Make it really clear; you know what y'all say about my reading comprehension.

Peace
06-12-2015, 03:33 PM
(06-12-2015 02:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again, if I'm fighting for your corner then why the opposition? A ploy, a ruse, trolling?

Wow, I knew your reading comprehension was low but that's bad even for you. You managed to get it exactly backwards. You aren't "fighting for my corner", you are working to keep people in ignorance and fear. You are a shining example of the worst kind of woo peddler.

(06-12-2015 02:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't abandon anything. I'm still here.

You abandoned the boxing ring debate with FC.

Quote: My support is scriptural and through my personal experiences. Things you throw out without consideration.

No, it was considered and given the weight it deserves. Zero. Your feels are not evidence and scripture is nothing more than mythology and other people's feels. Scripture is very interesting from literary and cultural history perspectives. It is worthless as a guide to understanding reality unless you have supporting evidence for any part of it.

(06-12-2015 02:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Also, how can you justifiably say that I don't listen. How would you know. No one here has ever shown anything I have said, in regards to my beliefs, to be wrong.

The point is that you have not shown them to be true. You are making the claim so you have the burden of proof.

Quote:So what have I refuted that has been shown to me? What things have I not considered that contradict my beliefs? Make it really clear; you know what y'all say about my reading comprehension.

It is very simple. You need to provide evidence to support your beliefs or they will be dismissed out of hand.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-12-2015, 03:41 PM
(06-12-2015 02:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 02:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You have nothing to back up your claims, you don't listen or understand what others point out to, you can't cite references for your assertions. IMHO this is Classic troll behavior.

Also, how can you justifiably say that I don't listen. How would you know. No one here has ever shown anything I have said, in regards to my beliefs, to be wrong. So what have I refuted that has been shown to me? What things have I not considered that contradict my beliefs? Make it really clear; you know what y'all say about my reading comprehension.

Peace

Take this thread for instance, take a look at posts:
#25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 53, 57, 60, 65, 68, 75, 79, 82, 83, 85, 86, 89, 97, 105, 108, 113, 136, 142, 153, 154, 162, 168, 172, 183, 197, 199 & 203 for starters.

This would be laughable if it weren’t so tragic.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-12-2015, 04:01 PM
(06-12-2015 02:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 02:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You have nothing to back up your claims, you don't listen or understand what others point out to, you can't cite references for your assertions. IMHO this is Classic troll behavior.

I didn't abandon anything. I'm still here. My support is scriptural and through my personal experiences. Things you throw out without consideration.

First you seem to be confused with the threads, you and I were in the Boxing Ring and you disappeared for five days so I asked it be closed. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...eside-chat

I throw out personal experiences when they can’t be corroborated, confirmed or replicated. I would expect nothing less from you if I told you I had a personal experience of being transported to the planet Kolob and spending 1,000 years there before being returned to Earth instantaneously.

I throw out scripture for the similar reasons.
Scriptures, n.: The sacred books of our holy religion, as distinguished from the false and profane writings on which all other faiths are based.
~ Ambrose Bierce

So I have considered what you had to say with regards to personal experiences and scriptures and discarded them for the reasons above.

No matter how many times you point to either they are to me or any other skeptic empty of meaning.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-12-2015, 04:01 PM
(06-12-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 05:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  "Not" being the operative word here Mr Pop's.

Here is a summary of all you have achieved. I will begin it directly below this sentence.
If I wasn't accomplishing anything at all then there wouldn't be such vehement opposition to me, here, on a personal level, or otherwise because the general consensus would be that of indifference.

Nice try though, and catchy.

Peace

It accomplishes demonstrating the irrationality of your beliefs. You have no knowledge, just beliefs.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2015, 04:13 PM
(06-12-2015 02:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Since you say the scriptures are riddled with man's errors, you cannot use scripture to support your positions (and your positions are self-contradictory, but we won't go into that again). But go ahead, cite some specific passages; they will easily be undermined or contradicted by other passages from the same scriptures.

Additionally: you have never 1) indicated what guidelines you use to assess that one scripture is true and another is erroneous/RCC conspiracy/twisted/misinterpreted, or 2) presented any arguments that would convince a flea, much less a thinking human, that your method for sieving out imperfections is correct.

As you have admitted numerous times, your personal experience cannot be considered evidence for anyone but yourself. From your testimony as provided on various threads: dogs don't like you (but maybe they bite you with less vigor than before?), while ants and bees seem not to be bothered by you: as far as I can tell, that's the sum total of your personal benefit due to faith. Claims that you make that faith has made you a nicer or a less angry/nasty person are not borne out by your conduct on this board.

Your testimony and claims have not been thrown out without consideration. They have been dissected at length and entirely discredited, multiple times.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
06-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Didn't say scripture was riddles with errors.

What part of my belief do you want me to verify with scripture?
The only parts of any religions scripture that I throw out are those that do not promote peace nd unity.
06-12-2015, 04:50 PM
(06-12-2015 04:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Didn't say scripture was riddles with errors.

What part of my belief do you want me to verify with scripture?
The only parts of any religions scripture that I throw out are those that do not promote peace nd unity.

You throw out scripture that doesn't agree with your beliefs, but you have not shown any reason why it's okay for you to disregard some scripture, but at the same time why we should accept the scripture that you claim proves your points. (Not that you have provided any.) Why, beyond your say-so, should we accept "peaceable" scripture as more of god than aggressive/divisive scripture?

A few replies above, you said: "My support is scriptural." That is your broad statement, so please go ahead, produce some actual quotes and then, do me a favor: explicate them so that I can understand how they back your assertions.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-12-2015, 05:12 PM
(06-12-2015 04:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The only parts of any religions scripture that I throw out are those that do not promote peace nd unity.

Which indicates that you are picking and choosing things that happen agree with what you already believe, not that scripture supports your beliefs.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post