Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 02:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(30-11-2015 09:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 03:33 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Good luck. I've gotten that from him before. He just falls right back onto the evidence being there if we'd just open our minds and accept it. It's woo all the way down.
Not woo. Unbiased observation.

How is observation unbiased? You mean like a camera incapable of interpretation?

(30-11-2015 12:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not that it can't be replicated. It's that it is only observable to the perceiver/s, and not replicatable by their will alone.

Ah. So it's not unbiased.

(30-11-2015 09:03 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Read the Gita, examine the Exeter Book, religion des las Druze. Salvation has to do with detachment and change of perception and action by way of experience. Generally one must fall quite far to come to a realization. It is indeed a universal concept.
I do not conform specifically to Christianity because other religions teach the same things. They are the same at their core.

“All religions are true but none are literal.” - Joseph Campbell

“Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble.” - ibid.

Pops is trying to express some interesting thoughts like pantheism, panentheism, Spinozism, and universal reconciliation. He just kinda sucks at it.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-11-2015, 02:09 PM
(30-11-2015 01:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 09:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not woo. Unbiased observation.

How is observation unbiased? You mean like a camera incapable of interpretation?

(30-11-2015 12:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not that it can't be replicated. It's that it is only observable to the perceiver/s, and not replicatable by their will alone.

Ah. So it's not unbiased.
Not incapable of interpretation. Incapable of favoritism.
30-11-2015, 02:16 PM
(30-11-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 09:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Whatever your experience was, it does not fit the definition of proof or evidence.

You do not have either, what you have is an internal experience that has no external reality.
Internal? No, not limited to any internal thing at all. Experience is proof to whom experienced it.
So a person that can see and feel bugs crawling around under his skin is not delusional?
And how should another person react to this experience that he himself can't see nor feel. Should he assume there indeed is bugs crawling around under the first persons skin?

Why is your "divine" experience anything different?

It seems so very odd to me. Let me tell you a little story.

A few years back I was on some medication for my mental health issues. These pills make me able to get parts of my wall to become liquid to look at. They would flow down the wall and the wall would even look alive. Or indeed one could think it might have been bugs. It seemed so very real. But in my mind I knew it wasn't so it meant nothing to me other than being a funny oddity. I wonder what you would have seen. And how you would have interpreted it to yourself? You see the mind is a powerful tool but sometimes it works against us and then it becomes quite dangerous at times. (Not saying you are in danger or that you are delusional mind you.) At those times we need to question ourselves and our perceptions.

So why are you here to show us this special thing that only you can see?
Do you honestly think any of us will ever see what you see?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
30-11-2015, 02:21 PM
(30-11-2015 02:16 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  A few years back I was on some medication for my mental health issues. These pills make me able to get parts of my wall to become liquid to look at. They would flow down the wall and the wall would even look alive. Or indeed one could think it might have been bugs. It seemed so very real. But in my mind I knew it wasn't so it meant nothing to me other than being a funny oddity. I wonder what you would have seen. And how you would have interpreted it to yourself?

Dude, what the fuck they giving out in Denmark. I want me some of that shit. Big Grin

(30-11-2015 02:16 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  You see the mind is a powerful tool but sometimes it works against us and then it becomes quite dangerous at times. (Not saying you are in danger or that you are delusional mind you.) At those times we need to question ourselves and our perceptions.

They should be continually questioned. Especially when sober.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-11-2015, 02:26 PM
(30-11-2015 02:16 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Internal? No, not limited to any internal thing at all. Experience is proof to whom experienced it.
So a person that can see and feel bugs crawling around under his skin is not delusional?
And how should another person react to this experience that he himself can't see nor feel. Should he assume there indeed is bugs crawling around under the first persons skin?

Why is your "divine" experience anything different?

It seems so very odd to me. Let me tell you a little story.

A few years back I was on some medication for my mental health issues. These pills make me able to get parts of my wall to become liquid to look at. They would flow down the wall and the wall would even look alive. Or indeed one could think it might have been bugs. It seemed so very real. But in my mind I knew it wasn't so it meant nothing to me other than being a funny oddity. I wonder what you would have seen. And how you would have interpreted it to yourself? You see the mind is a powerful tool but sometimes it works against us and then it becomes quite dangerous at times. (Not saying you are in danger or that you are delusional mind you.) At those times we need to question ourselves and our perceptions.

So why are you here to show us this special thing that only you can see?
Do you honestly think any of us will ever see what you see?
Indeed I do honestly believe that others will, at some point see and experience things similar to what I have and do. You bring up valid points. When speaking of oddities one should always be considerate of their state of mind. Drugs have effects that easily distort the perception of reality. Singular cases of things, especially while under any adverse influence should be taken with a grain of salt. If I had the sensation of bugs crawling under my skin I would observe more closely and consider all perceivable possibilities. Under further inquisition I would test my findings in any ways possible in order to confirm that indeed I am nuts, or indeed I have bugs under my skin. Accepting things, including what someone else says is very important and needed to prove the validity there of.
30-11-2015, 02:29 PM
(30-11-2015 02:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 02:16 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  A few years back I was on some medication for my mental health issues. These pills make me able to get parts of my wall to become liquid to look at. They would flow down the wall and the wall would even look alive. Or indeed one could think it might have been bugs. It seemed so very real. But in my mind I knew it wasn't so it meant nothing to me other than being a funny oddity. I wonder what you would have seen. And how you would have interpreted it to yourself?

Dude, what the fuck they giving out in Denmark. I want me some of that shit. Big Grin

. . .
Well they hadn't heard anyone else having that sideeffect and it made them somewhat nervous. But as long as I didn't perceived it as a danger they would wait and see what would happen. Which was nothing.
It was Seroquel prolong by the way.
30-11-2015, 02:41 PM
(30-11-2015 02:29 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 02:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude, what the fuck they giving out in Denmark. I want me some of that shit. Big Grin

. . .
Well they hadn't heard anyone else having that sideeffect and it made them somewhat nervous. But as long as I didn't perceived it as a danger they would wait and see what would happen. Which was nothing.

I been taking Seroquel for years and it never made me trip. I must be doing it wrong. It is the best sleeping pill I've ever taken including barbiturates. Gives me vivid, sometimes lucid, dreams.

#sigh
30-11-2015, 02:50 PM
(30-11-2015 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 02:29 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well they hadn't heard anyone else having that sideeffect and it made them somewhat nervous. But as long as I didn't perceived it as a danger they would wait and see what would happen. Which was nothing.

I been taking Seroquel for years and it never made me trip. I must be doing it wrong. It is the best sleeping pill I've ever taken including barbiturates. Gives me vivid, sometimes lucid, dreams.
They didn't help me sleep at all. I was on some scary high doses too. I think I was as high up as 800 mg doses I just looked for it in my online journal but didn't look though it all found one for 700 mg. though.
30-11-2015, 02:54 PM
(30-11-2015 02:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed I do honestly believe that others will, at some point see and experience things similar to what I have and do. You bring up valid points. When speaking of oddities one should always be considerate of their state of mind. Drugs have effects that easily distort the perception of reality. Singular cases of things, especially while under any adverse influence should be taken with a grain of salt.

Once you are experienced, despite what you think, that state of mind can be replicated through will alone.

#sigh
30-11-2015, 02:58 PM
(30-11-2015 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 02:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed I do honestly believe that others will, at some point see and experience things similar to what I have and do. You bring up valid points. When speaking of oddities one should always be considerate of their state of mind. Drugs have effects that easily distort the perception of reality. Singular cases of things, especially while under any adverse influence should be taken with a grain of salt.

Once you are experienced, despite what you think, that state of mind can be replicated through will alone.
Hehe well I don't really care too much about it. I'd much rather get my mind sorted a bit. It's gets a bit boring to always think of the worst possible outcome in even minor situations. Anywho I think that's enough derailment for one evening.

(^_^)