Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
Pop's mate, I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you're full of shit and a deadshit.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2015, 08:22 PM
(30-11-2015 03:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 03:18 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  The comment thread of a train-wreck?

Exactly. Speaking of trainwreck, we still ain't heard from the sidewalk cynic and winter is coming. Shit starts going south @3:30.

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-11-2015, 09:10 PM
(30-11-2015 07:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 04:10 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Unnecessary, and not worth my time. You're swimming in bullshit and you have no filter to distinguish between reality and made up nonsense.

Your posts are laden with unverifiable bullshit and it's easy to dismiss.
How convenient what doesn't suit your beliefs or hypothesis you through out and disregard. To bad what I say doesn't conflict with any prevailing scientific hypothesis.

No, shithead, what you can't support with evidence, we dismiss. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2015, 09:52 PM
(30-11-2015 07:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 07:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How convenient what doesn't suit your beliefs or hypothesis you through out and disregard. To bad what I say doesn't conflict with any prevailing scientific hypothesis.
Throw

I can show you your bullshit specifically, the three Abrahamic religions conflict with each other over specific doctrinal positions. You blithely ignore these contradictory doctrines to assert there are similarities while ignoring these doctrinal contradictions. When you ignore these doctrinal contradictions you demonstrate your bias and your inherent disregard for each of these religions.
This makes you demonstrably incapable of seeing which doctrines have any truth in them from the point of view of each of the adherents of these particular faiths and from the point of view of those of us who call bullshit on the whole thing.

Your inability to determine what is wrong with these religions, demonstrates your inability to determine truth. They can't all be right!

Of course you think you can dismiss these doctrinal contradictions as easy as wiping your ass with each of their doctrinal foundations and tossing it into a pile, then you point to the pile of shit that you made and proudly proclaim - God is somewhere underneath my pile of shit!

All of the adherents of these faiths would denounce you and any atheist will tell you your pile of shit stinks.

You know what the best thing to do is when you're swimming in bullshit?

Close your mouth and quit swallowing it!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-11-2015, 10:06 PM
(30-11-2015 09:52 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 07:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Throw

I can show you your bullshit specifically, the three Abrahamic religions conflict with each other over specific doctrinal positions. You blithely ignore these contradictory doctrines to assert there are similarities while ignoring these doctrinal contradictions. When you ignore these doctrinal contradictions you demonstrate your bias and your inherent disregard for each of these religions.
This makes you demonstrably incapable of seeing which doctrines have any truth in them from the point of view of each of the adherents of these particular faiths and from the point of view of those of us who call bullshit on the whole thing.

Your inability to determine what is wrong with these religions, demonstrates your inability to determine truth. They can't all be right!

Of course you think you can dismiss these doctrinal contradictions as easy as wiping your ass with each of their doctrinal foundations and tossing it into a pile, then you point to the pile of shit that you made and proudly proclaim - God is somewhere underneath my pile of shit!

All of the adherents of these faiths would denounce you and any atheist will tell you your pile of shit stinks.

You know what the best thing to do is when you're swimming in bullshit?

Close your mouth and quit swallowing it!
The first sentence sounded compelling. The rest was, not so much. When you specifically state you can prove something you should follow that statement with said proof.

Good luck
Peace
30-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Never said they didn't have differences and flaws of sorts. Just that the core stories, moral code, and God are the same. Still. This will be fun. I'll wait patiently for your claimed proof.
30-11-2015, 10:30 PM
(30-11-2015 10:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said they didn't have differences and flaws of sorts. Just that the core stories, moral code, and God are the same. Still. This will be fun. I'll wait patiently for your claimed proof.

You really believe the moral codes of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the same? You see no differences?

Oy gevalt. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2015, 10:48 PM
(30-11-2015 10:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said they didn't have differences and flaws of sorts. Just that the core stories, moral code, and God are the same. Still. This will be fun. I'll wait patiently for your claimed proof.

Christians often strongly disagree because they claim their moral code is different from Jewish moral code as OT claims of moral codes to them are ignored and don't apply to them post Jesus-Sacrifice.

Islamic moral code is also stongerly tied to those trends more like Jewish, but different with the ethics and etiquette of what you can eat & say in regards to your daily life in relation to God. How you can treat others is different based on these codes. You aren't to be friends really with non-muslims according to moral passages in their texts. And that goes back as Jewish codes say different things than that. It more aligns to just treating non-jews different than treating Jews. Christians morality is at least to treat and forgive all others equally if you follow Jesus's claims.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-11-2015, 11:23 PM
What I think pops would sound like if he were discussing sports instead of religion.

[Image: 7-replacement-refs-meme-1.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
01-12-2015, 12:20 AM
(30-11-2015 08:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 03:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yes.

But then he claims he has evidence for God. He clearly hasn't accepted the agreed definition of "evidence." He has his own definition.
Yes I do. Just because I have proof and evidence that I cannot reproduce doesn't mean its not evidence to me. Does that conform to what you define as evidence to fit your argument? No. Is it still proof? Yes to the individual who experienced it.

So if my kid received a gift purportedly from Santa, that becomes proof that Santa exists?

I don't think it works that way.

Also, even a so-called eye witness makes mistakes. After my cat died, for months later I would look out of the corner of my eye and swear he was laying on the floor.

Really my brain put together a familiar image, based on something completely incomplete. I only caught a glimpse of a white bag...but my brain went to the first most logical thing to be beside the window. Not a bag, but my cat.

All you've got is a special pleading -- 'you can't prove it, but just accept this to be true' because you...a guy on the Internet says it's true. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post