Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: Commentary: Full Circle & popsthebuilder’s fireside chat
(01-12-2015 06:12 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 10:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said they didn't have differences and flaws of sorts. Just that the core stories, moral code, and God are the same. Still. This will be fun. I'll wait patiently for your claimed proof.

The fact that you brush aside the differences in these religions show that:

1, You do not understand them.

2. You are incapable of any serious thought in regards to any of them.

3. Everything you say can be easily dismissed.

You're own attempts to only assert their similarities undermine your credibility.

I am casting aspersions on your ability to devote serious thought to any religion, when you try to attempt this cafeteria style ad hoc nonsense, you are way out of your depth.

If you were able to demonstrate any understanding towards the various contradictory religions, then you can get around to providing proof that any of your bullshit is true.

Maybe you should find a Christian forum somewhere, there are many to choose from, good luck on smoothing out their sectarian differences, and show them how you have it all figured out.

And you won't even be asked to provide proof, they'll simply debate you endlessly about what their interpretation of the bible is and how it's the Truth, with a capital T.
Just as soon as someone states the differences between them like they said they could, I will happily defend my position. As of yet y'all have just asserted that I am full of craps without backing your claim at all. I though y'all where suppossd to be versed in concepts you detest betas e they are spool atrocious. Well? Get to it. Make your points, prove your theories, or at least attempt to back up your stance. Name calling and insults are equivalent to talking with a child, and not the pleasant type either. At least some children can at least consider things that aren't within the scope of their general reasoning or belief.
Can you imagine a closed minded child. That would suck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 02:59 PM by TheInquisition.)
(01-12-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 06:12 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The fact that you brush aside the differences in these religions show that:

You're own attempts to only assert their similarities undermine your credibility.

I am casting aspersions on your ability to devote serious thought to any religion, when you try to attempt this cafeteria style ad hoc nonsense, you are way out of your depth.

If you were able to demonstrate any understanding towards the various contradictory religions, then you can get around to providing proof that any of your bullshit is true.

Maybe you should find a Christian forum somewhere, there are many to choose from, good luck on smoothing out their sectarian differences, and show them how you have it all figured out.

And you won't even be asked to provide proof, they'll simply debate you endlessly about what their interpretation of the bible is and how it's the Truth, with a capital T.
Just as soon as someone states the differences between them like they said they could, I will happily defend my position.

You don't think there are any differences, you have no understanding of religions and can be happily dismissed.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-12-2015, 11:21 AM
(01-12-2015 06:14 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 12:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And he's totally hot. Tongue

Thor would be the god I would choose to follow, if I had to choose, but the Hulk still kicks his ass.

[Image: 3400932-1thor.png]

The Hulk is totally badass.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-12-2015, 11:28 AM
So, god of the old testament is a dick to everyone.

The new testament god is a dick to jebus, his son

And the god in quran is just a dick to everyone who's not muslim.

So, I guess from this we can safely assume, god's just a dick.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-12-2015, 01:07 PM
(30-11-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Experience is proof to whom experienced it.

And this sort of fallacious "logic" is precisely why your arguments fail dismally.

My "experience" confirms that your purported god is neither omniscient or omnipotent; he doesn't heal the sick; he doesn't prevent killer tsunamis and cyclones; he chooses not to feed the 30,000 children that die every day from malnutrition in sub-Saharan Africa; he allowed the spread of AIDS; he can't stop global warming etc. He also apparently condones the nefarious activities of the Mafia, the Yakuza, the Triads, al-Qaeda, the Aryan Brotherhood, and Boko Haram etc globally.

So it's more than obvious to any rational thinker that either your god is a real callous bastard who doesn't give a toss about humanity, or he simply doesn't exist. Occam's razor tells me it's the latter.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
01-12-2015, 03:31 PM
(01-12-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 06:12 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The fact that you brush aside the differences in these religions show that:

Just as soon as someone states the differences between them like they said they could, I will happily defend my position. As of yet y'all have just asserted that I am full of craps without backing your claim at all. I though y'all where suppossd to be versed in concepts you detest betas e they are spool atrocious. Well? Get to it. Make your points, prove your theories, or at least attempt to back up your stance. Name calling and insults are equivalent to talking with a child, and not the pleasant type either. At least some children can at least consider things that aren't within the scope of their general reasoning or belief.
Can you imagine a closed minded child. That would suck.

"I though y'all where suppossd to be versed in concepts you detest betas e they are spool atrocious."

I supposs you beta go back to spool e learn how to spell.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
01-12-2015, 03:43 PM
(30-11-2015 10:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You really believe the moral codes of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the same?

Sisters, niggers, whities, jews, crackers!
Don't worry, if there's hell below, we're all gotta go!
Aaaaaaah!

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-12-2015, 03:56 PM
(01-12-2015 11:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, god of the old testament is a dick to everyone.

The new testament god is a dick to jebus, his son

And the god in quran is just a dick to everyone who's not muslim.

So, I guess from this we can safely assume, god's just a dick.

Bowing

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
01-12-2015, 05:25 PM
(01-12-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just as soon as someone states the differences between them like they said they could, I will happily defend my position.

It does not work like that Pops. YOU made the claim. It is for YOU to prove it.

That is how this works.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-12-2015, 12:18 AM
(01-12-2015 05:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 10:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just as soon as someone states the differences between them like they said they could, I will happily defend my position.

It does not work like that Pops. YOU made the claim. It is for YOU to prove it.

That is how this works.
No. I didn't make a claim.

One of you said they had evidence that I was full of crap.

Post the evidence so that I might defend my position.

Without actual scriptural refutation of what I stated about the Abrahamic religions, I have no need to defend anything. They said they had evidence and have yet to provide it.

At least I admit that I cannot give you evidence, but that you must attain it yourself.

Peace.

I understand what you are saying, but this an extenuating circumstance.