Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2015, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 04:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
(10-12-2015 12:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:06 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She's too stupid to fix. Every time she gets backed into a corner with tough questions that she just can't simply throw a copy-pasted Mormon dogma answer at, she avoids it. Every single fucking time. You can't engage her with the Socratic Method, because she doesn't actually engage with the questions; she merely avoids anything she can't throw a pre-packaged answer at.

Or, I see that you are too stupidLaugh out load to see that I answer many questions. The only times I stop to participate when many personal insults come. Why should I read them? I am not that stupid to participate in this kind of kindergarten. Big Grin
EK, you are super adorable. Kiss

Even here, you dodge. I've never gotten direct answers out of you to hard questions. Anything that rates more thinking than rudimentary Mormon Apologetics 101 never gets an answer. That's why I, and others, get so terse with you; because we're so fucking tired of you vapid, evasive, empty bullshit.

If you actually wanted an intelligent discussion, you'd have gotten one. You act as if baseless assertions are evidence, when it's been repeatedly explained to you how and why they are not. Instead you prance around continuing to make assertions you cannot defend, and when they're broken down and shown for the bullshit that they are, you move on and never acknowledge when your shit has been left in utter ruination. You simply don't engage past the point where it is no longer convenient for you, past the point where you can no longer easily ignore how terrible your arguments are when they're left bare. You ignore the inconvenient truths staring you the face, choosing instead to deflect criticism rather than reflect upon it and grow yourself. That's why you're intellectually dead, this is why your 'discussions' never go anywhere but in circles; because you're incapable of any introspection that genuinely challenges your accepted core belief structure.

So cordially, go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-12-2015, 10:04 AM
(11-12-2015 02:10 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like Alla. I don't expect her to answer anybody's arguments directly. She was apparently raised a Mormon and I have a lot of Mormon friends. Whatever you do, you are not going to bring her to atheism and it's not worth trying. The Mormon church is so fundamental to every aspect of their lives that they cannot comprehend not believing although some do manage to escape the Church.

My former dentist grew up in Wyoming hunting, fishing, and punching cattle. I grew up in South Dakota hunting, fishing, and punching cattle. He is a Mormon and I am an atheist but we hunt and fish together on occasion. We are the same age and we are both retired. I swear like a drunken sailor when a fish gets away and when one gets away from him, he says, "Rats." We NEVER talk about religion because that would certainly destroy a perfectly good friendship. We do talk about guns, fly rods, our kids, and our wives.

She wasn't raised that, she was actually raised a forced propaganda filled idealism which is notably shown as bad uncritical thoughts via the pamphlet she linked of things she had to read as a kid.

Somehow that got transferred to mormonism at some point, which I don't know how or really think the details of would be informative on any real relevant grounds.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-12-2015, 11:36 AM
(11-12-2015 02:10 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like Alla. I don't expect her to answer anybody's arguments directly. She was apparently raised a Mormon and I have a lot of Mormon friends.

I like her too. I think she was raised atheist communist in Ukraine and didn't find religion until she was an adult. I would be curious as to the events which led her to it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-12-2015, 12:44 PM
(12-12-2015 11:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 02:10 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like Alla. I don't expect her to answer anybody's arguments directly. She was apparently raised a Mormon and I have a lot of Mormon friends.

I like her too. I think she was raised atheist communist in Ukraine and didn't find religion until she was an adult. I would be curious as to the events which led her to it.

You maybe the only person that she would open up to. I'd love to see a one on one between you two. I feel I never get a straight answer.

I feel she has deep hole to dig herself out of since she said she didn't have a problem having sex with children.

(11-09-2015 02:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  my ethical code says that it is OK to have sex with children.

(12-09-2015 12:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 02:38 PM)julep Wrote:  Your ethical code says that it's okay to have sex with children? Gasp
Yes. I also think that those who disagree with my ethics are wrong. They must be Mormons or something like that. Nobody can tell me what is ethical or moral. I can only be forced to accept somebody's(society) ethics
To have sex with children is not immoral thing to do. Nobody can preach me morality. Nobody.

She retracted later when she was told she was going to be banned, and said she was just joking. But your a lot more forgiven then I apparently am on the matter. It's comments like that, that lead people to believe she's a troll.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
12-12-2015, 02:05 PM
(12-12-2015 11:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You are right, Girly, she was raised an atheist. I don't know what brought her to Christianity and I figure if she wants me to know, she will tell me.

I think that we often get angry at Christians [and Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc] because we cannot understand what draws them to religion and what keeps them there when religion seems so illogical to us. On the other hand there is an emotional side to all of us that draws us to things that are often ill advised or illogical. I don't want Brian or anybody else to fuck with my love of firearms. My guns give me great pleasure. I think believing in Jesus probably gives Alla pleasure and maybe even comfort. Why do you want to take that away from her? I know, you just want her to argue logically. That isn't going to happen and she is not going to dump her beliefs because we think she should. Alla does not want to be like any of us.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
12-12-2015, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 03:13 PM by Commonsensei.)

I would agree that tolorance should be excesied when it comes to most people. If close one tell me they'll pray for me. Or thank god in some way. This is not a huge consern. But if I see they are going down a dangerous path I need to say something.

I have a close personal friend, that resently has sold all her posetions, House, clothes, persnoal belongings and is living on a cot in the back of her church. She has given all her money and time. She left her job so she can travel for the church. Yeah she seems happy. But i've known her long enough that it's a front, she wants to save face, and she's out of options now because she has given everything to her church.

Oh but let tolerate that what are the dangers of people beliving what they want to believe without question.

I'm not going to pat someone on the head and say awh. You do you. If I see what there saying and doing is wrong I need to say something.

A person can be good without religion. If the only reason they're being nice, or kind is because they are hoping for a dog treat then they are not a nice and kind person.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
12-12-2015, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 04:07 PM by julep.)
(12-12-2015 02:05 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 11:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like her too. I think she was raised atheist communist in Ukraine and didn't find religion until she was an adult. I would be curious as to the events which led her to it.

You are right, Girly, she was raised an atheist. I don't know what brought her to Christianity and I figure if she wants me to know, she will tell me.

I think that we often get angry at Christians [and Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc] because we cannot understand what draws them to religion and what keeps them there when religion seems so illogical to us. On the other hand there is an emotional side to all of us that draws us to things that are often ill advised or illogical. I don't want Brian or anybody else to fuck with my love of firearms. My guns give me great pleasure. I think believing in Jesus probably gives Alla pleasure and maybe even comfort. Why do you want to take that away from her? I know, you just want her to argue logically. That isn't going to happen and she is not going to dump her beliefs because we think she should. Alla does not want to be like any of us.

The fact that Alla is on a site for atheists argues that while she does not want to be like any of us, she wants us to be like her. I don't think it's incumbent on the atheists on this board to leave the proselytizing solely to her. Many think reason gives pleasure and comfort; perhaps eventually Alla will be persuaded of this.

Furthermore, her professed belief system is moronic, racist, misogynistic, and homophobic, and her church spends its members' money--including Alla's--in attempts to limit the civil rights of their fellow citizens. She's burbling nonsense, but not harmless nonsense.

But I think Alla is a poe written by several people, and I'm certain that her posts on this site are not drawing any readers to her belief system, so perhaps there is being good instead of harm done. It's hard to weigh.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
12-12-2015, 10:55 PM
(12-12-2015 03:48 PM)julep Wrote:  The fact that Alla is on a site for atheists argues that while she does not want to be like any of us, she wants us to be like her... Many think reason gives pleasure and comfort; perhaps eventually Alla will be persuaded of this.
I wouldn't count in it. She claims she was raised in an atheist environment where the atheists harassed the "heretics" who believed.
13-12-2015, 12:04 AM
Black Eagle Wrote:Alla does not want to be like any of us.
I am like you. The difference is that I believe things you don't believe.
Don't we all try to the best of our abilities to be better people?
Black Eagle Wrote:I don't know what brought her to Christianity and I figure if she wants me to know, she will tell me.
I believe that God Himself brought me to Christ.
Black Eagle Wrote:I don't want Brian or anybody else to fuck with my love of firearms. My guns give me great pleasure. I think believing in Jesus probably gives Alla pleasure and maybe even comfort.
It gives me hope. It gives me peace and courage. It gives me joy. It makes me whole.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Commonsensei Wrote:A person can be good without religion.
This statement is 100% truth

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED