Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
Black Eagle Wrote:I think that we often get angry at Christians [and Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc] because we cannot understand what draws them to religion and what keeps them there when religion seems so illogical to us.
I believe there is another reason: it is not lack of understanding of what draws us to religion makes atheists angry but it is natural reaction at those believers who choose not to love atheists and choose to judge atheists.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2015, 12:25 AM
(13-12-2015 12:19 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Black Eagle Wrote:I think that we often get angry at Christians [and Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc] because we cannot understand what draws them to religion and what keeps them there when religion seems so illogical to us.
I believe there is another reason: it is not lack of understanding of what draws us to religion makes atheists angry but it is natural reaction at those believers who choose not to love atheists and choose to judge atheists.

Or, you know, people are complicated and there isn't a single blanket answer to explain a behavior that isn't even shared by an entire group. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-12-2015, 12:35 AM
(13-12-2015 12:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 12:19 AM)Alla Wrote:  I believe there is another reason: it is not lack of understanding of what draws us to religion makes atheists angry but it is natural reaction at those believers who choose not to love atheists and choose to judge atheists.

Or, you know, people are complicated and there isn't a single blanket answer to explain a behavior that isn't even shared by an entire group. Drinking Beverage

Sure.

13-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Commonsensei Wrote:since she said she didn't have a problem having sex with children.

She retracted later when she was told she was going to be banned, and said she was just joking

We were talking about morality and I was trying to make a point.
To have sex with children is evil and immoral.

13-12-2015, 04:26 AM
(13-12-2015 01:05 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Commonsensei Wrote:since she said she didn't have a problem having sex with children.

She retracted later when she was told she was going to be banned, and said she was just joking

Another reason I think you are either a Poe.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
13-12-2015, 05:35 PM
(13-12-2015 04:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Another reason I think you are either a Poe.

"[E]ither a Poe" ... or a what? Finish the fucking sentence, man.
13-12-2015, 06:10 PM
(13-12-2015 01:05 AM)Alla Wrote:  

Apparently you changed your mind on that since you arrived here. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-12-2015, 09:51 PM
I thought this alla troll left???

Out of respect for us.

Perfect troll behavior. Act all sorry, try to get on our good side by acting all innocent, pretending to leave, and then staying to troll some more.

It is pathetic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-12-2015, 02:39 AM
(13-12-2015 09:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I thought this alla troll left???

Out of respect for us.

Perfect troll behavior. Act all sorry, try to get on our good side by acting all innocent, pretending to leave, and then staying to troll some more.

It is pathetic.

I'm just going to leave this here...

[Image: dc2.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-12-2015, 06:38 AM
(13-12-2015 12:19 AM)Alla Wrote:  I believe there is another reason: it is not lack of understanding of what draws us to religion makes atheists angry but it is natural reaction at those believers who choose not to love atheists and choose to judge atheists.

There is only one, single attribute that any theist can purportedly judge the entire persona of an atheist: Our disbelief in the existence of gods. If theists choose not to "love" atheists, or sit in judgement of them because of a single posit of theirs, then that proves just how narrow-minded and insular theists really are.

If I encounter someone who absolutely loathes the concept of capital punishment on philosophical grounds, should I hate them for that singular stance? Of course not.

And BTW Alla, as an atheist I wouldn't describe my attitude towards apologists as one of anger; more so an attitude of abject pity—at your naive belief in the alleged veracity of mythology, superstition and parable.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post