Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 04:07 AM
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
I've (probably) been dumped for another debater.

This is what Alla wrote...

"I was raised an atheist. I was an atheist till I was 19 years old.
But then something happened and I was convinced in one moment that Christ is real. From that time I wanted to know which Christian church teaches true religion. I was thinking, thinking and realized that I will never find out. I didn't care about any religions. I never read the Bible. I mean I tried but it was like Chinese grammar for me. I didn't understand it and that is why it was too boring.
I lived my not very simple life but suddenly in 2013 I wanted to go to Church. I was convinced God is real but I wanted to be more close to Him.
LDS missionaries visited me."

Oh the irony.

I have spent seven years studying the origins of Christianity and the bible. I shared some of the conclusions of all that work with Alla.

She hasn't studied the history, and finds the bible confusing and boring.

Her inspiration was something else... a visit from LDS missionaries who took advantage of her. The church of LDS is now getting their 10% out of her.

She now, somehow, has the audacity to tell me I don't understand the bible.

This is an intellectual forum...for people who think. Alla doesn't want to think. She is, probably, comfortable in her bubble. She has received a lot of attention here because she is one of only a few theists and she is polite, but she doesn't really belong here, because she has no genuine willingness to learn.

There's nothing attractive about ignorance. And we can't lift people up out of the shit they are swimming in if they turn away from our outstretched hands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Mark Fulton's post
15-12-2015, 06:44 PM
(15-12-2015 04:07 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  She has received a lot of attention here because she is one of only a few theists and she is polite, but she doesn't really belong here, because she has no genuine willingness to learn.

That's why you were let go. No reason to think or actually answer questions.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
15-12-2015, 06:48 PM
(15-12-2015 04:07 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I've (probably) been dumped for another debater.

But then something happened and I was convinced in one moment that Christ is real. From that time I wanted to know which Christian church teaches true religion. I was thinking, thinking and realized that I will never find out. I didn't care about any religions. I never read the Bible. I mean I tried but it was like Chinese grammar for me. I didn't understand it and that is why it was too boring.
I lived my not very simple life but suddenly in 2013 I wanted to go to Church. I was convinced God is real but I wanted to be more close to Him.

Oh the irony.

I have spent seven years studying the origins of Christianity and the bible. I shared some of the conclusions of all that work with Alla.

Her inspiration was something else... a visit from LDS missionaries who took advantage of her. The church of LDS is now getting their 10% out of her.

This is an intellectual forum...for people who think. Alla doesn't want to think. She is, probably, comfortable in her bubble. She has received a lot of attention here because she is one of only a few theists and she is polite, but she doesn't really belong here, because she has no genuine willingness to learn.

There's nothing attractive about ignorance. And we can't lift people up out of the shit they are swimming in if they turn away from our outstretched hands.

Had it been Scientologists who showed up at her door, she'd be spouting engrams and volcanoes. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
15-12-2015, 09:08 PM
(15-12-2015 04:07 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I've (probably) been dumped for another debater.

Oh the irony.

There's no excuse to be a Mormon in the age of the internet. Only willful ignorance and complete denial of reality can prop up such a ridiculous faith.
She certainly demonstrated that when presented with the ugly reality of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-12-2015, 03:48 PM
In Alla's debate with epronovost she writes...

"Yes, I see that I failed. I am not all the time very good with explaining things.
After Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil he became mortal man or man in fallen state. Man in fallen state( mortal man) can be both - spiritual man and natural man(as you correctly understood having potential for doing good and evil within him). So, thanks to Satan Adam finally had an opposition in him - natural man. Before fall Adam didn't have natural man in him, he was spiritual man(man who does not sin, not to confuse with spirit). Spiritual man is opposition to natural man. Spiritual man wants to do good, natural man can wish to do evil or things that are opposite to God's laws. When Adam and Eve partook of the fruit they did it in their innocence, they didn't understand that what they did was evil/wrong. Or good.
So, because God sent Lucifer, Adam could make a choice and to become mortal or fallen. And thanks to Satan we are also mortal or in fallen state so we have this nature with two opposites.
So, we don't really need Lucifer and demons any more. But everything had to start somehow. It started in the garden of Eden. Thanks to Satan because he helped that everything will start, we have plenty of bad influences(evil people) in our lives and we have flesh that is very often in opposition with spiritual man in us. Flesh demands things that spirit is not willing to do.
But evil or bad people are allowed to have influence on us, Lucifer and demons are also still allowed to have influence on us. If I resist evil(natural man in me), if I am strong enough to fight this natural man or desires of my flesh, Lucifer may want to make it harder for me Or bad person/people who sees me change may want to stop me. Yes, it may be much harder to make moral choice when someone is trying to influence me, but still I am not robbed from my agency. I still have it. I still can make spiritual man in me to overcome natural man.
Yes, it is harder but nobody said that test of this life has to be easy.
"

Oh Jeebus, she is drowning in deep shit! More of the same follows. She seems to genuinely believe all this.

Imagine the anguish, conscious and subconscious, that Alla goes through as she battles the thought police inside her head.

This is how priests and prophets of the church of LDS get in simple people's minds so as to ride the gravy train. This is evil.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
24-12-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm just happy to see someone else see's, what I've been seeing.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
05-04-2016, 09:27 AM
(11-11-2015 02:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is it wrong I like her despite the fact that she is full of batshit crazy quano? Blush

It's funny, LDS people are very nice but they're like little children that have never grown up. They seem to be particularly innocent, more so than other religious folks. I think it's because the Mormon dogma is so idiotic, outlandish and nonsensical that the only way they can keep the church going and people believing is to keep its flock mentally stalled at a 9 year old level.

Excellent observation. I would give this 20 likes if I could. I know a lot of Mormons and they are exactly as you've described. When I finally studied the history of Mormonism, I was astonished at how stupid and naive you'd have to be to believe such nonsense. Like you say, they are stalled at a 9 year old level, because I don't think there are many people older than nine who could believe such tripe.

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 2 users Like mgoering's post
05-04-2016, 01:03 PM
(05-04-2016 09:27 AM)mgoering Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 02:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's funny, LDS people are very nice but they're like little children that have never grown up. They seem to be particularly innocent, more so than other religious folks. I think it's because the Mormon dogma is so idiotic, outlandish and nonsensical that the only way they can keep the church going and people believing is to keep its flock mentally stalled at a 9 year old level.

Excellent observation. I would give this 20 likes if I could. I know a lot of Mormons and they are exactly as you've described. When I finally studied the history of Mormonism, I was astonished at how stupid and naive you'd have to be to believe such nonsense. Like you say, they are stalled at a 9 year old level, because I don't think there are many people older than nine who could believe such tripe.

Perhaps adult converts to Mormonism want to revert back to the comforts of being 9 years old so they happily suspend all adult reality . That's the only thing I can think of that would pull a grown adult into that crazy church. Otherwise indoctrination from childhood is what works.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-04-2016, 01:21 PM
(24-12-2015 03:48 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Oh Jeebus, she is drowning in deep shit! More of the same follows. She seems to genuinely believe all this.

I think she believes the metaphor while understanding and appreciating it's only a metaphor. She's not dim. I think she's genuine. There are a number of theists that are obviously disingenuous trolls. Alla ain't one of them.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." Joseph Campbell

#sigh
05-04-2016, 06:10 PM
(05-04-2016 01:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 03:48 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Oh Jeebus, she is drowning in deep shit! More of the same follows. She seems to genuinely believe all this.

I think she believes the metaphor while understanding and appreciating it's only a metaphor. She's not dim. I think she's genuine. There are a number of theists that are obviously disingenuous trolls. Alla ain't one of them.

"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble." Joseph Campbell

I doubt she recognizes it as metaphor.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]