Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
(09-11-2015 04:26 PM)julep Wrote:  It is very easy to do a web search and find that a tenet of the Mormon faith until 2013 was that dark skin is the sign of a curse from God. That's racist, yes.
It is racist to deny to someone blessings or anything because of the skin color. Give me any evidence that in LDS Church black people were denied some blessings because of their skin color. I want to see words/quotes: "African people are denied certain blessings because their skin is dark".
If you give me this statement I will admit that it is racist.
(09-11-2015 04:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Black people and Native Americans were allowed in the church, but only in a limited way,
this statement is false. wait, I don't even know what it means - in limited way.
(09-11-2015 04:26 PM)julep Wrote:  and Mormons claimed that people of color who became Mormons actually had their skins lighten as a result.
False statement. I know what you are talking about. But this statement is false.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 05:40 PM
(09-11-2015 04:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 04:29 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Oh please enlighten us, did the black people do something that earned them the category of "cursed"?
No.
And it was white people who did something wrong and deserved curse. I hope it makes you feel better when you hear that it is white people who deserved curse.
Black skin is not a curse. Black skin neither negative nor positive thing. White skin neither negative nor positive thing.
If someone claims that black skin means something negative this person is wrong.
Black skin is sign of curse. But sign is neither bad thing nor good thing.

Many people wrongly say that to have black skin is curse and it is something negative. But there is one simple reason why God gave cursed people beautiful dark skin. But Mark Fulton has no idea why.

You haven't actually read The Book of Mormon, have you. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2015, 05:41 PM
(09-11-2015 05:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 04:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  No.
And it was white people who did something wrong and deserved curse. I hope it makes you feel better when you hear that it is white people who deserved curse.
Black skin is not a curse. Black skin neither negative nor positive thing. White skin neither negative nor positive thing.
If someone claims that black skin means something negative this person is wrong.
Black skin is sign of curse. But sign is neither bad thing nor good thing.

Many people wrongly say that to have black skin is curse and it is something negative. But there is one simple reason why God gave cursed people beautiful dark skin. But Mark Fulton has no idea why.

You haven't actually read The Book of Mormon, have you. Consider

incorrect.

09-11-2015, 05:50 PM
(09-11-2015 05:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, why did God give to particular evil people (Lamanites) beautiful dark skin as sign? So that particular righteous people (Nephites) will recognize Lamanites and they will avoid them so they wouldn't have bad influence and they want become evil people also.
Beautiful dark skin and beautiful white skin are for convenience. Sign is for convenience. It is wrong to discriminate people for their white skin or for their black skin.
But it is wise to avoid evil people - no matter what race or nationality they are.
When some Lamanites(dark skin people) became righteous they lived together with Nephites as one nation and God's chosen people.

Um......yeah......right.

This is from a Mormon conference in 1960. This is Spencer W Kimball, a Church apostle, who is suggesting in this quote that Mormonism was gradually turning Native American skin whiter, therefore more "delightsome" He calls lighter skin "a striking contrast in the progress (my emphasis) of the Indian people today". Well, I'll quote the idiot himself.

"I saw a striking contrast in the progress of the Indian people today… The day of the Lamanites is nigh. For years they have been growing delightsome, and they are now becoming white and delightsome, as they were promised. In this picture of the twenty Lamanite missionaries, fifteen of the twenty were as light as Anglos, five were darker but equally delightsome. The children in the home placement program in Utah are often lighter than their brothers and sisters in the hogans on the reservation. At one meeting a father and mother and their sixteen-year-old daughter we represent, the little member girl—sixteen—sitting between the dark father and mother, and it was evident she was several shades lighter than her parents—on the same reservation, in the same hogan, subject to the same sun and wind and weather… These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness."

How you believe this shit is beyond me. Given enough time I think could convince you that pigs fly.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-11-2015, 06:08 PM
DANCEFORTWO quote:
"I saw a striking contrast in the progress of the Indian people today… The day of the Lamanites is nigh. For years they have been growing delightsome, and they are now becoming white and delightsome, as they were promised. In this picture of the twenty Lamanite missionaries, fifteen of the twenty were as light as Anglos, five were darker but equally delightsome. The children in the home placement program in Utah are often lighter than their brothers and sisters in the hogans on the reservation. At one meeting a father and mother and their sixteen-year-old daughter we represent, the little member girl—sixteen—sitting between the dark father and mother, and it was evident she was several shades lighter than her parents—on the same reservation, in the same hogan, subject to the same sun and wind and weather… These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness."

How you believe this shit is beyond me. Given enough time I think could convince you that pigs fly.

ALLA:
I didn't observe what he observed. But my understanding of his words is that curse has been lifted.
Skin color is not the curse. Skin color doesn't matter.

09-11-2015, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 09:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-11-2015 05:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "I saw a striking contrast in the progress of the Indian people today… The day of the Lamanites is nigh. For years they have been growing delightsome, … These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness."

I can't believe someone was still using the word "delightsome."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2015, 06:13 PM
(09-11-2015 06:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  ALLA:
I didn't observe what he observed. But my understanding of his words is that curse has been lifted.

As long as you keep becoming whiter and more delightsome.

#sigh
09-11-2015, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 06:23 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
Good to see Alla is still sharing her special brand of third language cow dung.

As has been stated in this thread and many others, the priesthood ban was lifted in 1978. All throughout the 1960's, there had been discussions internally (President/Quorum of the Twelve, etc) to "pray" for inspiration on the situation, but to no avail.

No major decisions are ever made in the LDS church without unanimous consent/approval.

Now Alla, I'm going to say this slowly, even though that won't help your comprehension/retention. Though blacks were welcome to attend church services and become part of the membership, black males were not allowed to be in the priesthood, which by default is limiting/restricting blessings of the "gospel".

Miss me with all your DIY LDS theology/apologetics. No level of psuedo sophistication can rationalize that historic atrocity.

If it were an easy subject to explain away, my stake president wouldn't have had such a tough go of it, in conversation with me during countless leadership evaluations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
09-11-2015, 08:38 PM
LDS Church never discriminated anybody because of skin color.
LDS Church never had a doctrine that people of African heritage can not have rights and privileges because of their skin color.
Skin color has nothing to do with anything.
Haters and just critics of the Church can assume what ever they want. Every person has a right to assume something.

Racism is to deny rights and privileges because of skin color. Racism is to hate someone because of skin color. Consider someone inferior because of skin color.

If LDS Church was racist towards people with dark skin it would never be people with dark in Church.
If Joseph Smith was racist who made up Book of Mormon then it wouldn't be people with dark skin in this book who had priesthood and who were righteous people.

Neither hater of Church, nor just a critic of Church can provide an evidence that people of African heritage were denied something because of their skin color.

Black men had priesthood when Church was restored on earth in these last days. Man with dark skin had priesthood.

Some people assumed that I didn't want to vote for Obama because of his skin color. They assumed I don't want black man in white house. Only an IDIOT would ASSUME it right away.
Only an IDIOT would ASSUME that African men(NOT BLACK men) couldn't have priesthood in Church for a while because of their skin color.

09-11-2015, 08:41 PM
(09-11-2015 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 06:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  ALLA:

As long as you keep becoming whiter and more delightsome.

To observe someone's skin color skin color is NOT evidence of hate and racism.
I don't know may be in the 21st century some PC idiots in the USA decided that it is racism.

To deny rights to some because of skin color and to hate someone because of skin color is racist.