Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
(09-11-2015 05:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 05:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  You haven't actually read The Book of Mormon, have you. Consider

incorrect.

Do you remember reading about the Lamanites? Consider

Your book states that after the Lamanites and Nephites separated, the Lamanites received a curse of a "skin of blackness" so that they would "not be enticing" to the Nephites.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm glad there's other people in this thread, so I can have an intelligible conversation with non mouth breathers. Not only does Alla never directly answer assertions head on, but the rebuttals are always pieced together like a child unpacking their lunchables at recess.

Hey Alla newsflash,

What you see as haters or critics are people who not only run circles around your mental trolling, but as a male who held your precious priesthood, I've been deeper into the belly of the beast than your gender will permit you in the glorious LDS church.

Harsh truth, mic drop....
[+] 8 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
09-11-2015, 09:42 PM
(09-11-2015 08:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  LDS Church never discriminated anybody because of skin color.
LDS Church never had a doctrine that people of African heritage can not have rights and privileges because of their skin color.
Skin color has nothing to do with anything.
Haters and just critics of the Church can assume what ever they want. Every person has a right to assume something.

Racism is to deny rights and privileges because of skin color. Racism is to hate someone because of skin color. Consider someone inferior because of skin color.

If LDS Church was racist towards people with dark skin it would never be people with dark in Church.
If Joseph Smith was racist who made up Book of Mormon then it wouldn't be people with dark skin in this book who had priesthood and who were righteous people.

Neither hater of Church, nor just a critic of Church can provide an evidence that people of African heritage were denied something because of their skin color.

Black men had priesthood when Church was restored on earth in these last days. Man with dark skin had priesthood.

Some people assumed that I didn't want to vote for Obama because of his skin color. They assumed I don't want black man in white house. Only an IDIOT would ASSUME it right away.
Only an IDIOT would ASSUME that African men(NOT BLACK men) couldn't have priesthood in Church for a while because of their skin color.

Are you ignorant, stupid, delusional, or just lying? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-11-2015, 09:46 PM
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 05:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  incorrect.

Your book states that after the Lamanites and Nephites separated, the Lamanites received a curse of a "skin of blackness" so that they would "not be enticing" to the Nephites.

Look, I don't get what you heathens don't get about this; the book doesn't matter. You see, it's because our profits receive direct communications from God which supersede the book in infallibility until another profit gets a new communication to overrule that one.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-11-2015, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 09:55 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
A conversation with Alla goes something like this:

Newborn with more sense than grown woman: My diaper is soiled, I think it's time for a change before it becomes unbearable.

Alla: Nah uh! You don't need a diaper change, and anyone who doesn't see it that way is racist.

Newborn: But there's moisture all over my bottom, I really think you should reconsider your position.

Alla: Nonsense, I've been a member of the diaper wearers for years, and never once changed my diaper. Soon, my diaper will inhabit it's own planet, Kolob willing!

Newborn: I can see there's no reasoning with you. I guess I'll have to find a responsible adult to tend to my needs.

Alla: You're finally starting to see things from my perspective! I knew you'd come around and accept your defeat! Celestial kingdom is my third language.

Newborn: ???? Crawls always baffled..
[+] 5 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
09-11-2015, 11:20 PM
(09-11-2015 05:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, why did God give to particular evil people (Lamanites) beautiful dark skin as sign? So that particular righteous people (Nephites) will recognize Lamanites and they will avoid them so they wouldn't have bad influence and they want become evil people also.
Beautiful dark skin and beautiful white skin are for convenience. Sign is for convenience. It is wrong to discriminate people for their white skin or for their black skin.
But it is wise to avoid evil people - no matter what race or nationality they are.
When some Lamanites(dark skin people) became righteous they lived together with Nephites as one nation and God's chosen people.

Gasp

So what was the damn point then? To mark the "bad" with a mark that is clearly inherited from parent to child no matter how good or bad that child becomes. Also, how does this affect evil white people? Or are you arguing that a white individ...u.. oh fuck it, you aren't going to listen anyway.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
09-11-2015, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 09:16 PM by Full Circle.)
(09-11-2015 09:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 08:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Some people assumed that I didn't want to vote for Obama because of his skin color. They assumed I don't want black man in white house. Only an IDIOT would ASSUME it right away.
Only an IDIOT would ASSUME that African men(NOT BLACK men) couldn't have priesthood in Church for a while because of their skin color.

Are you ignorant, stupid, delusional, or just lying? Consider

Why can’t it be all four?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Alla insists...

"Paul said that Jewish Law has to be replaced with faith in Christ. You failed to provide a quote were Paul sates this.
"to replace Law with faith in Christ" is not "to be or not to be justified by Law" "

Am I missing something?

I have no idea why she keeps saying this, or, in fact, what her point is.

I've quoted Paul writing a number of times that faith in Christ replaces the law.

Does anyone else understand what she is trying to say?
10-11-2015, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 03:18 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-11-2015 09:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you remember reading about the Lamanites? Consider

Look, I don't get what you heathens don't get about this; the book doesn't matter. You see, it's because our profits receive direct communications from God which supersede the book in infallibility until another profit gets a new communication to overrule that one.

But sometimes da prophets are wrong. They don't know LDS doctrine.

Sometimes da Paul is wrong because he's just giving an opinion.

All the time da god is correct, but only some of what da Paul says god says is correct. Sometimes what da prophets say god says is correct, but sometimes not. You gotta ask da spirit, but not da spirit in da book that was compiled by da bad men.

I know all this because da real spirit tells me. Yeah, da spirit sits on my shoulder like a parrot and whispers da truth in my ear. So I am not interested in any idea unless it comes from da spirit. I don't care what you think. I want you all to know that I'm right and you are all wrong. This is all about me, me and me...oh...and da spirit.
[+] 8 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-11-2015, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 02:13 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 05:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  incorrect.

Yes this is vaguely ringing bells from when the Mormons visited me 12 years ago. Please fill us lazy souls in and tennis more about the lemon nights.

PS. Sorry about this post. See next one. I was using speech to text and at the time thought it was funny so I left it.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post