Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 05:59 PM by Alla.)
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 05:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  incorrect.

Do you remember reading about the Lamanites? Consider
Yes, I remember reading about the Lamanites.
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your book states that after the Lamanites and Nephites separated, the Lamanites received a curse of a "skin of blackness" so that they would "not be enticing" to the Nephites.
Incorrect.
BoM does not state that Lamanites received a curse of a "skin of blackness".
You state this.
May be some other people say this but not the Book of Mormon.
If you read the whole BoM or at least that chapter you would know what the curse is and always was and always will be. Not the skin, something else. There is no where in the BoM where it states that dark skin is the curse.

But some people wrongly believe that skin color(dark) is the curse. Some people even persecute others because of the skin color. In this way someone can say that dark skin is a curse. Because many unfairly suffered because of their skin color and I believe suffer today because of their skin color. It is wrong, it is evil to judge someone because of their skin color. It is evil to say that skin color is the curse.
White skin or black skin are beautiful and neutral(neither good nor bad).
But no scripture ever claimed that God of Israel said: dark skin is the curse. There is nowhere in the Scripture where it says that skin color is an excuse to persecute someone or to take away rights. It is men's fault that dark skin became a curse to black men, not God's.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2015, 06:04 PM
(09-11-2015 09:39 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  but as a male who held your precious priesthood, I've been deeper into the belly of the beast than your gender will permit you in the glorious LDS church.

Harsh truth, mic drop....
Cosmic Discourse, to be deeper into the belly doesn't mean that you understand the Doctrine 100% correctly. I have seen people who have been deep into the belly but later left Church. And when they talk about the Doctrine they say many wrong things. I don't know what this is: 1)lack of understanding? or 2)they just lie?

10-11-2015, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 06:10 PM by Free Thought.)
(10-11-2015 05:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you remember reading about the Lamanites? Consider
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your book states that after the Lamanites and Nephites separated, the Lamanites received a curse of a "skin of blackness" so that they would "not be enticing" to the Nephites.
Incorrect.
You state this.
If you read the whole BoM or at least that chapter you would know what the curse is and always was and always will be. Not the skin, something else. There is no where in the BoM where it states that dark skin is the curse.

But some people wrongly believe that skin color(dark) is the curse. Some people even persecute others because of the skin color. In this way someone can say that dark skin is a curse. Because many unfairly suffered because of their skin color and I believe suffer today because of their skin color. It is wrong, it is evil to judge someone because of their skin color. It is evil to say that skin color is the curse.
But no scripture ever claimed that God of Israel said: dark skin is the curse. There is nowhere in the Scripture where it says that skin color is an excuse to persecute someone or to take away rights. It is men's fault that dark skin became a curse to black men, not God's.

Second Nephi 5:21:
LDS.org Wrote:21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

It says it right there; they (the Lamanites) hardened their hearts against god, and in retribution were changed from their "white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome" appearance to a 'skin of blackness' so they would not be appealing to the Nephites.
5:22 goes on to say that the 'skin' shall make them loathsome to Nephi's people unless they repent.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-11-2015, 06:13 PM
(10-11-2015 06:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 09:39 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  but as a male who held your precious priesthood, I've been deeper into the belly of the beast than your gender will permit you in the glorious LDS church.

Cosmic Discourse, to be deeper into the belly doesn't mean that you understand the Doctrine 100% correctly. I have seen people who have been deep into the belly but later left Church. And when they talk about the Doctrine they say many wrong things. I don't know what this is: 1)lack of understanding? or 2)they just lie?
Alla,

I have seen many condescending parishioners who couldn't clean my shoes in a subway station, with their supposed "doctrinal understanding".

When backed into a corner, the defeated usually resort to quoting a snippet of superiority, and skip over the vastness which is your failure to address hard evidence. Presented not only by myself, but also a whole host of valid arguments presented by others in the opposition.

Honestly, you're more entertaining than you are engaging, which is why I don't put forth much of an effort to refute your Mormon dribble. If I was the prophet of your church, you'd probably attempt to use the same argument. Hence why no one takes you seriously.

Here's the final thing I'll ask you, before I cease to communicate with you directly:

Is there a single thing about your churches doctrine in which you disagree with, or are you just a lock step follower of Thomas S. Monson & Co?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
10-11-2015, 06:28 PM
(10-11-2015 06:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It says it right there; they (the Lamanites) hardened their hearts against god, and in retribution were changed from their "white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome" appearance to a 'skin of blackness' so they would not be appealing to the Nephites.
5:22 goes on to say that the 'skin' shall make them loathsome to Nephi's people unless they repent.

I wanna be a Lamanite. I'm white as a ghost but I got some redskin Kickapoo (best name ever) in me. Does that count? I think I heard somewhere that native americans were also Lamanite. No?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-11-2015, 06:34 PM
(10-11-2015 06:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Wow the level of arrogance is almost startling.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
(09-11-2015 11:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 05:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  Beautiful dark skin and beautiful white skin are for convenience. Sign is for convenience. It is wrong to discriminate people for their white skin or for their black skin.
So what was the damn point then?
If you read the BoM you would know the answer to this question. Mark is for knowing who particular evil people are and who righteous people are in that particular land at that particular time. Particular people were Nephites and Lamanites. It has nothing to do with any other people on Earth.
(09-11-2015 11:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  To mark the "bad" with a mark that is clearly inherited from parent to child no matter how good or bad that child becomes.
So what that they inherit beautiful dark skin? Mark(skin color) doesn't matter. There is nothing wrong with having beautiful dark skin. So, why not have it? Isn't it better to have different shades and colors then just one? But if someone decides that black/dark skin is something bad/wrong/evil/inferior, shame on him/her..
(09-11-2015 11:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Also, how does this affect evil white people? Or are you arguing that a white individ...u.. oh fuck it, you aren't going to listen anyway.
White people can be cursed the same way black people can be cursed when they become evil people. God is not respecter of skin color.

10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
(10-11-2015 06:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  Cosmic Discourse, to be deeper into the belly doesn't mean that you understand the Doctrine 100% correctly. I have seen people who have been deep into the belly but later left Church. And when they talk about the Doctrine they say many wrong things. I don't know what this is: 1)lack of understanding? or 2)they just lie?

Wow the level of arrogance is almost startling.
Alla can't seem to answer anything head on, so she's grasping at straws.
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
10-11-2015, 06:47 PM
(10-11-2015 04:15 PM)julep Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 03:26 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Alla's view of how things are seems to depend on...

- the book of Mormon, although she thinks it has faults

- the bible, and it too has faults, according to Alla

- old Mormon men in suits, who she calls "prophets" and they too can be wrong

- something called "the spirit" who she thinks talks to her

All rational intercourse or study of history that isn't entwined in this jumbled mess of ideas is, to her, irrelevant. At least that is what she claims.

Yet she is here. That begs the question why. Could it be that she is one step away from realising that all these authorities are nonsense?

Negative attention is still attention…some people don't get enough of it offline. I suspect she's calculated that a conversion to atheism will get a temporary flow of attention, but a permanent devotion to Mormonism keeps the replies coming.

It's great that she's here, because now I know a lot more about Paul and Mormonism, and the lies of Trump and Carson, thanks to all of the people who have corrected Alla's misstatements.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining .Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2015, 06:54 PM
(10-11-2015 05:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 09:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you remember reading about the Lamanites? Consider
Incorrect.
You state this.

From The Book of Mormon:

2 Nephi: 21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

22 And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities.

23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.

You are not only ignorant, but you are full of incorrect ideas. Essentially, you are full of shit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post