Commentary on Alla and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Commentary on Alla and Mark
(10-11-2015 07:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Second Nephi 5:21:
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
You can not understand what curse of God is and what mark is if you read one verse. If you read only one verse you will have wrong assumptions/understanding.
It doesn't say here that dark skin is curse. It says that God cursed them because of their iniquity. Then it says that their skin color changed. It doesn't say that it is curse.
Two events accures according to this verse.:
1)God cursed Lamanites
2)skin color was changed.

What is curse of God:
Verse 20
they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord.
To be cut off from the presence of the Lord is the curse of God

About the mark:
and the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers

Yet you ignore ""the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

Your cherry-picking is tiresome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 06:54 AM
(10-11-2015 10:12 PM)julep Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is it wrong I like her despite the fact that she is full of batshit crazy quano? Blush

Yes, it's wrong.

I so much want to like her because you do. You are such a nice guy that I have felt a bit sad that I can't find anything to like about her.

Girly is great, he's just not quite right in the head. No

11-11-2015, 06:55 AM
(10-11-2015 07:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Essentially, you are full of shit. Drinking Beverage
You are not intellectual men. You talk like red necks we have here in Idaho.
I think it is time for you to progress a little bit more. Thumbsup

You are hilarious - completely bonkers, but hilarious.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-11-2015, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 10:51 PM by Chas.)
(10-11-2015 07:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  I wish to every person on this forum only the best. I hope all of you have great time( Holidays season).
You all are great people.

Good bye.

I do so hope you mean it this time. Thumbsup

11-11-2015, 07:44 AM
Maybe the cognitive dissonance became too painful, when something says something so obvious and all you do is spin and dissemble, perhaps it's time to reevaluate what that thing is saying and maybe the excuse making needs to stop.

That would require an acknowledgement of the truth and being honest with yourself, religion provides cover from confronting the truth. All you need to do is pull another interpretation out of your ass (or Holy Spirit) to push the truth back under the rug.

Semantics and interpretation of nasty little verses like this are equivalent to lying to yourself, no one is boarding the crazy train with you, you can ride it off the rails by yourself.

[Image: epictrainfail.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-11-2015, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 09:35 AM by Commonsensei.)
(10-11-2015 07:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Essentially, you are full of shit. Drinking Beverage
You are not intellectual men. You talk like red necks we have here in Idaho.
I think it is time for you to progress a little bit more. Thumbsup

Alla, how would you know how we talk? We're writing.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
11-11-2015, 10:41 AM
(10-11-2015 03:26 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 05:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I would say that's an accurate assessment of how she thinks (I use that word loosely). I would also say a lot of people in need of psychiatric help have identical processes at work in their brain.

Mormonism- A belief or a psychological issue? I really can't tell the difference.

Alla's view of how things are seems to depend on...

- the book of Mormon, although she thinks it has faults

- the bible, and it too has faults, according to Alla

- old Mormon men in suits, who she calls "prophets" and they too can be wrong

- something called "the spirit" who she thinks talks to her

All rational intercourse or study of history that isn't entwined in this jumbled mess of ideas is, to her, irrelevant. At least that is what she claims.

Yet she is here. That begs the question why. Could it be that she is one step away from realising that all these authorities are nonsense?

I'm honestly not sure. I've asked the question before myself. I even asked her, only to have the question avoided.

We know very little about real world Alla outside the character she's created on here.

But once and a while a nugget of truth comes out. Here's my guess, and I await for her to tell me i'm wrong and stupid.

Alla is a Gun toting, Republican from Idaho. Moved here from the Ukraine at a young age. I guess she would have been converted, or her parents would have indoctrinated her when they moved here. She dose fall into the zoning for the strongest Mormon influence.

[Image: Map-of-Mormons-US.jpg]

She seems sincere in her speaking although delusional. Her Church may be the only place anyone listens to her. It's possible she's disconnected from the rest of the world. Or has scared people off with her radical thinking. Or it's possible she's being influenced by a small radical group.

She's probably single she never refers to a sinifagent other in any way. Even Q had talked about his famliy from time to time. And CoW has talked about living in Detroit, and family. My friends that are Mormons are eger to get married. I've been told they try to move threw the dating false as quickly as possible. The one i'm thinking of right now has been engaged 3 times and that's after prepossessing after only 3 months of dating. (The girls usually broke up with him a month or two before the wedding)

Maybe she heard the Thinking Atheist on youtube, maybe she just fell on the web-sight by accident. But I think her original intention was to convert people. She feels she's feels she's a prophet. And needs to send a message of her Spirit animal. The only thing she spouts out are street preacher information. I know because I know, I know!

The reason she stays well I think we maybe she gets a thrill out of "fighting" Atheists. She can shout out a bunch of nonsense, declare herself a winner and everyone else stupid, then can go to her small religious group and talk about how she's bested a "room" full of atheists with her superior thinking skills.

I pity her more then anything. If she could only see the facts, and not twist them. then could have a real conversation, as appose to resorting to belittlement.

In the mean time she gives me good practice. I've done so much fact checking, and information gather in trying to refute her comments i'm becoming better at debating rational people.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-11-2015, 11:10 AM
(11-11-2015 10:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Moved here from the Ukraine at a young age. ... She's probably single she never refers to a sinifagent other in any way.

Don't think so. She mentioned that she and her husband got naturalized the old-fashioned decade long way.And what the fuck is a sniffagent?

(11-11-2015 10:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I guess she would have been converted, or her parents would have indoctrinated her when they moved here. She dose fall into the zoning for the strongest Mormon influence.

We know she used to be an atheist over in that Ukrainian den of iniquity but we don't know why she converted. Maybe the LDS helped her and hubby get here. Dunno.

(11-11-2015 10:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  The reason she stays well I think we maybe she gets a thrill out of "fighting" Atheists.

I don't get that from her. Think she's just witnessing, not proselytizing or trolling. Now Q and Blowme on the other hand do get hardons from dicking with atheists.

(11-11-2015 10:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  In the mean time she gives me good practice.

I enjoy her metaphysics. Didn't know the LDS was polytheistic and posits that we are all Gods in training and this is the proving ground. I can buy that. Hell, that's what I've been preaching all along.

#sigh
11-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Stupid religions like Mormonism unleash a flurry of ignorant assertions, so many that sometimes we forget about some of them and let it pass without comment.

The stupid assertion of the Book of Bullshit that pigmentation of skin has a supernatural cause from a curse is, of course, stupid, racist and ignorant.

Skin pigmentation has been shown to be related to the amount of sunlight that populations live in, equatorial regions receive more sunlight and pigmentation strongly correlates to this.

Why Are We Different Colors?

[Image: pigmentation.gif?w=723]

See the pigmentation differences in primates? Did god curse a branch of them for flinging poo?

[Image: Great-Ape-Faces.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-11-2015, 02:34 PM
(10-11-2015 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 06:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are not only ignorant, but you are full of incorrect ideas. Essentially, you are full of shit. Drinking Beverage

Is it wrong I like her despite the fact that she is full of batshit crazy quano? Blush

It's funny, LDS people are very nice but they're like little children that have never grown up. They seem to be particularly innocent, more so than other religious folks. I think it's because the Mormon dogma is so idiotic, outlandish and nonsensical that the only way they can keep the church going and people believing is to keep its flock mentally stalled at a 9 year old level.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post