Commentary on Paleophyte and Agnostic Shane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Commentary on Paleophyte and Agnostic Shane
(06-03-2016 08:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 07:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, no studies.
Apparently claiming something to be "scientific" (even though there are no references), because sounding *sciencey* lends weight to an opinion, and this is what ? An exception to the "tests" claimed that need to be done, to accept the work of others, or was the assertion about needing "tests" just all some sort of *exaggeration*.
Once again I never lay claim to certainty, but that does not mean I cannot lean in the direction of a certain belief based on what I have currently experienced thus far.
Also I posted 3 links.
Regardless of that, why do you say "sounding sciencey" lends weight to an opinion? Do you think that's what I'm trying to do? Prove a point by sounding sciencey?
Have I ever made that claim or even alluded to it? This is your opinion is it not?
Is it possible that your own biases against pseudo intellects deems anyone that "sounds intellectual" a pseudo intellect? It would appear that your haste to judge others based on the way they communicate is riddled in a fallacious logic. Maybe you should try targeting what was said instead of who said it and you may find satisfaction in the outcome of the conversation.

You LATER added links.
Without them, you were trying to sound "sciencey". With no references it was not science. You also said, previously, you need to do tests yourself to validate the work of others. Apparently there are numerous exceptions to that, including this topic. As I said, you have no clue what you think or why you think it. If I need advice, I'll be sure and ask.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-03-2016, 11:52 PM
I had forgotten Agnostic Shame.

She's still here?

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-03-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 04:33 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(06-03-2016 09:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 08:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Once again I never lay claim to certainty, but that does not mean I cannot lean in the direction of a certain belief based on what I have currently experienced thus far.
Also I posted 3 links.
Regardless of that, why do you say "sounding sciencey" lends weight to an opinion? Do you think that's what I'm trying to do? Prove a point by sounding sciencey?
Have I ever made that claim or even alluded to it? This is your opinion is it not?
Is it possible that your own biases against pseudo intellects deems anyone that "sounds intellectual" a pseudo intellect? It would appear that your haste to judge others based on the way they communicate is riddled in a fallacious logic. Maybe you should try targeting what was said instead of who said it and you may find satisfaction in the outcome of the conversation.

You LATER added links.
Without them, you were trying to sound "sciencey". With no references it was not science. You also said, previously, you need to do tests yourself to validate the work of others. Apparently there are numerous exceptions to that, including this topic. As I said, you have no clue what you think or why you think it. If I need advice, I'll be sure and ask.
A simple thought experiment would qualify as a test in this regard (although there are much better approaches to further validate a claim) as opposed to blindly believing in the words of another. As I have stated before you misunderstand the meaning of the word test, possibly to mean some sort of laboratory controlled experiment, your biases never seem to escape you.

The links were being added/edited before you posted the next reply so I do not see where you are going with this.
I agree the first form of validation/testing a claim would be the credibility of the person, but in light of other forms of validation being presented we instinctively examine all information placed before us in order to make a decision. Credibility alone is not enough for those that seek a higher truth.
Again I do not believe what I have just described is any form of cognitive rationalization, but rather our natural decision making process exempt any deliberate attempt to manipulate the decision making process.

Even when forced to follow rules which we are opposed to, we still comply because our instincts say it is safer to follow the rules to achieve our goals than to disobey them and face consequences.

In this regard:
We are slaves to the evolutionary adaptations of the brain. I don't have any issues with this as it would seem to have proved very useful to our very survival, however there are certain disadvantages to such a system that could very well be the enemy of truth.

It is not truth that I seek, but only understanding. I truly do not believe I will ever come to know the absolute truths about anything even if I did, but I am contented with understanding the logic in every honest claim.
07-03-2016, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 04:36 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(06-03-2016 11:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I had forgotten Agnostic Shame.

She's still here?

Wink
Although I am tempted to turn that comment into a mom/wife joke, I would fail to derive any pleasure from it & it will most likely lead to a non beneficial conversation.
You will probably find some form of entertainment in such a conversation right?

I'm guessing many of you wonder what sort of disorder could possibly make a person so DED as myself.
A disorder that pushes curiosity of science & maths to it's extremes.
A disorder that makes you see even the most innocent of remarks seem as an attack on your character.
A disorder that makes you look at the world in black & white for explanations to everything even in the most chaotic of situations.
A disorder that sometimes make you see the whole world as cruel and it's a constant struggle to control your anger.

Let's see who is the first poster that can name the disorder by it's full name.
07-03-2016, 06:40 PM
(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Although I am tempted to turn that comment into a mom/wife joke, I would fail to derive any pleasure from it & it will most likely lead to a non beneficial conversation.

I'm guessing many of you wonder what sort of disorder could possibly make a person so DED as myself.
A disorder that makes you see even the most innocent of remarks seem as an attack on your character.
A disorder that makes you look at the world in black & white for explanations to everything even in the most chaotic of situations.
A disorder that sometimes make you see the whole world as cruel and it's a constant struggle to control your anger.

Hug

Well, what ever it is that's troubling yourself I hope you're successfully working through it. Thumbsup

Much cheers to you and yours.
07-03-2016, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 07:21 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(07-03-2016 06:40 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Although I am tempted to turn that comment into a mom/wife joke, I would fail to derive any pleasure from it & it will most likely lead to a non beneficial conversation.

Hug

Well, what ever it is that's troubling yourself I hope you're successfully working through it. Thumbsup

Not really, it's one of those disorders that that does more good than harm (for society), so I'm happy to bear it.
Only the anger part can be a bit tricky, but as you can probably tell by now I don't let it get the better of me.

Now be a good sport and take a go at it.
07-03-2016, 08:12 PM
(07-03-2016 06:50 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 06:40 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

Not really, it's one of those disorders that that does more good than harm (for society), so I'm happy to bear it.
Only the anger part can be a bit tricky, but as you can probably tell by now I don't let it get the better of me.

Now be a good sport and take a go at it.

Paranoid schizophrenia.
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
07-03-2016, 09:28 PM
This like you have no idea what the definition of any word means.

(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Baseless
This requires me to have no supporting evidence, however given your repeated and public demonstrations of your stupidity, including what you just did that I found stupid of using words to from a sentence that makes no fucking sense, and your attempts to plagiarize other peoples work and pass it on as your own thoughts (while editing the original to say stuff that it actually doesn't no less!) me calling you fuckin' stupid is the opposite of baseless: it's a demonstrated fact. Repeatedly demonstrated.

(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  assumption
Given that the proper usage and definition of Agnostic and Gnostic have been explaed to you multiple times, by multiple people, going back MONTHS now your continued molestation of the words and thoughts behind them means you are either stupid or knowingly dishonest. Given that you continue to display a degree of stupidity so advanced it keeps your from recognizing your own stupidity if figured stupid was the more likely explanation. It's not something I'm taking for granted, an assumption, but rather demonstrable valid conclusion based on weeks of your blatant and repeatedly demonstrated incompetence in every subject you try to talk about. Not an assumption.

(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  and irrelevant to the topic.
The fact you're too stupid, and that I'm pointing out examples, to be qualified to even be having the conversation you are trying to have is entirely relevant to the commentary of that topic which is the point of this thread.
You're textbook Dunning-Kruger Effect, and it's tedious.

(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Stupid is people that think they can win an argument and prove a point by calling someone else stupid.
Actually stupid would be thinking that me pointing out your bumblefuckery was an argument or me using it to prove a point. It wasn't. What point was I trying to prove again? Or what argument was i making? Oh ya, none. Though as another example of you being fuckin' stupid I can now point to your response where you tell me I'm making baseless assumptions, when I'm not by either words definition, and the very next sentence is entirely a baseless assumption on your own part. Irony. Delicious irony.

(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Prove me wrong.
About what? I think you being stupid is rather evident given that in the response your all butthurt in you use both "baseless" and "assumption" wrong, then do the very thing you're accusing me of, incompetently, and then fail to be able to tell the difference between an observation and an "argument" and "proving a point".
In two sentences you managed to fuck up 5 times. FIVE times.

Here is a question that might help illuminate your idiocy of calling yourself an Agnostic Agnostic: What recognizable difference is there between a Catholic and a Catholic Catholic? Between a juicy steak and a juicy steak steak? Maybe a dog and a dog dog? If I say my pet isn't a dog dog but more of a dog cat what actual animal do I have. Rolleyes This is going to go entirely over your head.
Words have meaning and after months of being corrected by multiple people you're still fucking it up. More than likely intentionally to be troll but still. Stop fucking it up and maybe I'll talk to you like less of a fuck up?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-03-2016, 09:40 PM
(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that pushes curiosity of science & maths to it's extremes.
Ya....you don't do that. Like...at all. "Pushing science and math to it's extremes" doesn't involve pilling 6 day universe pseudoscience onto whatever brain fart grabs your meandering brain cells that day.
You are not even scientifically literate let alone "pushing it to it's extremes. Delusional.

(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that makes you see even the most innocent of remarks seem as an attack on your character.
Don't recall being a whiny bitch who can't take criticism being in the DSM-5.

(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that makes you look at the world in black & white for explanations to everything even in the most chaotic of situations.
And anyone that was ACTUALLY interested in science, let alone "pushing it to extremes" would realize how mutually incompatible those two views are. Unless you meant plagiarizing other peoples work and selectively editing what it says to support your presuppositions as "pushing math to extremes"?

(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that sometimes make you see the whole world as cruel and it's a constant struggle to control your anger.

Lets see a delusional, naive, paranoid, incapable of thinking outside a binary black and white world view, "the world ain't fair" wanker with unresolved anger.

Christian? Assholeitice?

Honestly given all of the above what made you think you could step up and debate issues you are incapable of seeing outside a black and white lens with people who don't have that problem? Why would you come HERE of all places to spout of that nonsense?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-03-2016, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 11:34 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(07-03-2016 09:40 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that pushes curiosity of science & maths to it's extremes.
Ya....you don't do that. Like...at all. "Pushing science and math to it's extremes" doesn't involve pilling 6 day universe pseudoscience onto whatever brain fart grabs your meandering brain cells that day.
You are not even scientifically literate let alone "pushing it to it's extremes. Delusional.

(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that makes you see even the most innocent of remarks seem as an attack on your character.
Don't recall being a whiny bitch who can't take criticism being in the DSM-5.

(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that makes you look at the world in black & white for explanations to everything even in the most chaotic of situations.
And anyone that was ACTUALLY interested in science, let alone "pushing it to extremes" would realize how mutually incompatible those two views are. Unless you meant plagiarizing other peoples work and selectively editing what it says to support your presuppositions as "pushing math to extremes"?

(07-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A disorder that sometimes make you see the whole world as cruel and it's a constant struggle to control your anger.

Lets see a delusional, naive, paranoid, incapable of thinking outside a binary black and white world view, "the world ain't fair" wanker with unresolved anger.

Christian? Assholeitice?

Honestly given all of the above what made you think you could step up and debate issues you are incapable of seeing outside a black and white lens with people who don't have that problem? Why would you come HERE of all places to spout of that nonsense?
Oh my all this talk about plagiarism and yet no supporting evidence? Even Bucky who was the initiator of the claim no longer supports or defends the claim that I have plaigarized anything.
It was pointed out that posts 1 & 2 of the debate were not to be used for public review or as a source of information. The reason given was that it was simply a scrap paper of sorts that was being edited & due to a time limit the ability to edit was revoked.
To call such a post plagiarism is no different than going through my trash to find a scrap paper with notes I made and publicize it as a form of Plagerism. It will not stand up in court as it's intended purpose was not that of public display.
For you to have completely bypassed the initiating sentence of "please do not reply" and still expound a claim of plagiarism only heightens my belief of what a slanderous fraud/troll you are.
Such an act would be considered libel or at the very least slander from the legal perspective.
Prove me wrong:
1. Rebut the "scrap paper" reference to the posts in question
2. Show where the plagiarized sentences were deliberately posted for the purpose of public display.

WhiskeyDebates I believe failure to rebut this claim of plaigarism you have made will show the very repugnant approach you use to win an argument on these forums and as such your comments do not deserve a reply from posters with an ounce of moral fiber in them.

Lastly, you got the disorder wrong & it wasn't even a good attempt. No suprise there, considering every sentence in your feeble attempt to name the disorder was plagued by defamatory remarks biased towards character assassination rather than truly pointing out a psychologically coined disorder.

Made me laugh (just a little) when you called me a Christian. In your "trollish" world I suppose that's one of the most derogatory remarks you can come up with. I mean seriously? A Christian? How do I even begin to take offense there?

Keep it coming though, as it looks like my ability to take baseless ridicule with a smile is starting to win favor amongst forumers while at the same time further aggravating your pet peeve to troll the forums. Not that it matters that much to me anyway, but I'm sure it will help fuel your insatiable trollish appetite for flaming.