Commentary on Paleophyte and Agnostic Shane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: Commentary on Paleophyte and Agnostic Shane
(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  As in the context of a Solipcist.

No. I have come to the conclusion you have no clue what you are or what you mean. You HAVE contradicted yourself, and have not accepted it, even when it's point out for all to see.

(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It's probably not properly worded but it's a repetition of your constant claim that my world view is that of a solipcist.

It's flat out contradictory. There is no way to get what you're trying to say, as long as you let BOTH those sentences stand.

(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If that isn't what you were once again insinuating then you weren't repeating the lie.
I see that post as a direct attempt to call me a Solipcist while at the same time accuse me of being a hypocrite. If you don't deny this then you are repeating a lie.

I would make no claims about you or for you.
You're obviously one very confused dude.

You have never stated the elements of your understanding of your that are not in agreement with Solipsism. All you've done is deny it. As far as I'm concerned "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck" etc. It is a duck.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2016, 02:52 PM
(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  As in the context of a Solipcist. It's probably not properly worded but it's a repetition of your constant claim that my world view is that of a solipcist. If that isn't what you were once again insinuating then you weren't repeating the lie.
I see that post as a direct attempt to call me a Solipcist while at the same time accuse me of being a hypocrite. If you don't deny this then you are repeating a lie.

What the fuck is a "solipcist"? A cyst that only you can see?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Quote:What exactly is this statement "I know my limits" supposed to mean, with regards to knowledge?

This Question demonstrates the very flaw in your thinking that leads you to make silly claims on any given random topic. You feel entitled to question everything, even if you are ignorant or incompetent to do so. You dont know your limits. I do.

Quote:Your "knowledge limit" anecdote seems to indicate that because you feel dwarfed in knowledge when approaching a seemingly more "knowledgeable" topic or person you would yield before any knowledge they present to you rather than question it's validity.

Straw man. Where did i say that? I just keep my mouth shut when i dont have a clue, unlike you, thats all.

Quote: Therein lies our biggest difference. I do not limit my knowledge base due to some unspoken humility.
You think that your knowledge base is not limited, while talking nonsense about relativity and cosmology. How ironic.

Quote: I do not fear to ask why, when the process of logic has too many assumptions in it's presentation. Pride has no place when you have a burning desire to seek knowledge.
Desire is nice, but you need competence to complement that.

Dunning Kruger at its best.

Havent seen someone so arrogant about "not knowing" (aka. agnosticism) in a long time. A weird combination indeed.
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-03-2016, 03:50 PM
(06-03-2016 02:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  As in the context of a Solipcist.

No. I have come to the conclusion you have no clue what you are or what you mean. You HAVE contradicted yourself, and have not accepted it, even when it's point out for all to see.

(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It's probably not properly worded but it's a repetition of your constant claim that my world view is that of a solipcist.

It's flat out contradictory. There is no way to get what you're trying to say, as long as you let BOTH those sentences stand.

(29-02-2016 05:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If that isn't what you were once again insinuating then you weren't repeating the lie.

I would make no claims about you or for you.
You're obviously one very confused dude.

You have never stated the elements of your understanding of your that are not in agreement with Solipsism. All you've done is deny it. As far as I'm concerned "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck" etc. It is a duck.

[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Come to think of it, I may know where he could get some spare parts for setting up his lab, (since he's gonna test *everything*). They are used though. They were used in researching a paramecium, and proving it was conscious.

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-03-2016, 05:56 PM
(06-03-2016 01:21 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 12:52 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Actually I am an Agnostic Agnostic more than a Gnostic Agnostic as far as my world view is concerned.

Gods below you are fuckin' stupid.Facepalm
Baseless assumption and irrelevant to the topic.
Stupid is people that think they can win an argument and prove a point by calling someone else stupid.
Prove me wrong.
06-03-2016, 05:59 PM
(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 01:21 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Gods below you are fuckin' stupid.Facepalm
Baseless assumption and irrelevant to the topic.
Stupid is people that think they can win an argument and prove a point by calling someone else stupid.
Prove me wrong.

Tell me what a solipcist is.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-03-2016, 06:01 PM
(06-03-2016 05:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 05:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Baseless assumption and irrelevant to the topic.
Prove me wrong.

Tell me what a solipcist is.
A typo?
06-03-2016, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 06:10 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(06-03-2016 03:41 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:What exactly is this statement "I know my limits" supposed to mean, with regards to knowledge?

This Question demonstrates the very flaw in your thinking that leads you to make silly claims on any given random topic. You feel entitled to question everything, even if you are ignorant or incompetent to do so. You dont know your limits. I do.

Quote:Your "knowledge limit" anecdote seems to indicate that because you feel dwarfed in knowledge when approaching a seemingly more "knowledgeable" topic or person you would yield before any knowledge they present to you rather than question it's validity.

Straw man. Where did i say that? I just keep my mouth shut when i dont have a clue, unlike you, thats all.

Quote: Therein lies our biggest difference. I do not limit my knowledge base due to some unspoken humility.
You think that your knowledge base is not limited, while talking nonsense about relativity and cosmology. How ironic.

Quote: I do not fear to ask why, when the process of logic has too many assumptions in it's presentation. Pride has no place when you have a burning desire to seek knowledge.
Desire is nice, but you need competence to complement that.

Dunning Kruger at its best.

Havent seen someone so arrogant about "not knowing" (aka. agnosticism) in a long time. A weird combination indeed.
You are claiming if I find reason to doubt a popular belief I should not make it public for fear of embarrassment.
I am saying the best way to learn something is to debate it or teach it, & I have no fear of emabarassment when it comes to learning. I'm afraid your advice has no meaning to me.
So what if I get it wrong sometimes? True ignorance belongs to those that never bothered to ask why. If asking why and doubting the debatable makes me ignorant then I am proudly ignorant & by far the furthest thing from a theist you will ever find.
I represent the very essence of what spawned Atheism. A doubter that has no fear of asking why even in the face of the most popular beliefs.
06-03-2016, 06:14 PM
(06-03-2016 03:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Come to think of it, I may know where he could get some spare parts for setting up his lab, (since he's gonna test *everything*). They are used though. They were used in researching a paramecium, and proving it was conscious.

Big Grin
I'm only stating the obvious. This belief system & decision making process you seem to think we are in control of isn't achieved through cognitive rationalization but rather through personal experience that has been etched into our brains via years of evolution & our very own life experiences.

As far as the decision making process is concerned:
It's more of an instinct than a cognitive rationalization. It's been proven that we make these decisions in the brain before we are even aware that a decision was required.
It's only when we try to rationalize personal experience and behavioral patterns that we try to lay claim to truth.
Finding an absolute truth through cognitive rationalization of evidence has never been achieved by science. If anything science only proves that the more we observe is the more questions we end up raising.

I wish it were true that we are cognitively rational beings when it comes to our belief system and our decision making process, but for the most part it's just our primal instinct that controls us. We are all just high functioning animals as far as biology is concerned.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to find the truth within a claim here (if that's what you were thinking). I'm merely explaining how belief systems & the decision making process works from the scientific perspective.

If I bombard a hardcore atheist with a number of inexplicable spiritual experiences which defy the laws of probability, there is a huge possibility it will result in a life changing epiphany that converts them back to some form of Theism.

In the same manner a Theist that has given their life to God is more likely to convert to Atheism if in their most desperate time of need all their prayers go unanswered & they begin to question if such a God could possibly exist