Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
(12-08-2015 01:41 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I think you are a very immature adult....it comes from being a victim which stunts your psychological growth. That being said you're not dumb. You can do better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
13-08-2015, 12:56 AM
(12-08-2015 04:06 AM)Eva Wrote:  HJ - Can I ask why you feel the need to have the sig you do:

"Since 08-01-2015 I have forgiven 60 unprovoked insults directed at me in this forum. In each case, I just turned the other cheek at let it go."

Are you drawing attention to the fact you believe them to be unprovoked? The ones I see in this particular thread do not seem unprovoked to me. You have been displaying condescending and patronizing behaviour which you have been called out on and rightly so.

Or is it, as I suspect, to continue with your unwarranted belief that you are so how superior to us mere atheist by turning the other cheek?

I know Jesus preached turning the other cheek but I don't remember him saying anything about going and bragging about it afterwards. By keeping a public tally like this makes me think that contrary to what you state you have not, in fact, "let it go".

I hope that if atheists see how poorly they treat others, they will strive to do better. I think some of you actually have but others, well its made them more into bigger trolls then they already were.

On the net, I would say it is having an overall positive effect.
13-08-2015, 12:57 AM
(12-08-2015 03:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:41 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Once again I forgive you morondog.

Fuck you, you silly fool, you know you like it.

I forgive you for calling me a silly fool.
13-08-2015, 01:13 AM
(13-08-2015 12:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 03:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Fuck you, you silly fool, you know you like it.

I forgive you for calling me a silly fool.

The real question is, how much of a hard-on does forgiving people give you? Keep jerking it Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2015, 01:15 AM
(13-08-2015 01:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 12:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a silly fool.

The real question is, how much of a hard-on does forgiving people give you? Keep jerking it Smile

My overall disposition is certainly better.
13-08-2015, 01:31 AM
So... to shift things into a better place. Tongue

What's basically wrong with Heywood's take on quantum mechanics?

What are they reaching for that some one who's knowledgeable about the field can kind of point to and go "Nope, this does not mean what you think it means.?" ?

Or is Mr (Miss?) Heywood always right, bang, on the money?
13-08-2015, 01:45 AM
(13-08-2015 01:31 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So... to shift things into a better place. Tongue

What's basically wrong with Heywood's take on quantum mechanics?

What are they reaching for that some one who's knowledgeable about the field can kind of point to and go "Nope, this does not mean what you think it means.?" ?

Or is Mr (Miss?) Heywood always right, bang, on the money?

Cjlr had the best response. There really arn't any serious theories on hidden local variables since Bell's theorem. However I am not proposing a theory of hidden local variables. I am proposing there exist non local variables. No physicist is going to touch this because it isn't testable, it isn't observable directly, and it isn't falsifiable...but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

However it does have a couple of advantages. I don't have to abandon my belief that all effects have causes and I don't have to change the meaning of randomness. In short, I have to jump through more hoops to accept quantum mechanics without God, then I do to accept quantum mechanics with God. God brings sense to quantum mechanics.
13-08-2015, 01:56 AM
(13-08-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...... It isn't testable, it isn't observable directly, and it isn't falsifiable...

Then what good is it?

(13-08-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  .........but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Um... so it's your version of a pink dragon in your basement, then? Consider
13-08-2015, 01:59 AM
(13-08-2015 01:56 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...... It isn't testable, it isn't observable directly, and it isn't falsifiable...

Then what good is it?

(13-08-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  .........but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Except he *knows* it's there Facepalm

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2015, 02:01 AM
(13-08-2015 01:56 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  

Then what good is it?

It is my version of the multiverse, or extra dimensions. These are also not observable or testable, or falsifiable. We've gotten to the point were in order to make sense of our reality we have to look for explanations which are outside of our observable reality.