Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
(13-08-2015 01:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 01:56 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Then what good is it?

Um... so it's your version of a pink dragon in your basement, then? Consider

Except he *knows* it's there Facepalm

Here we ago again....another atheist who happens to know what a theist believes.

When are you atheist going to stop telling theists what they believe in?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 02:04 AM
(13-08-2015 02:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 01:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Except he *knows* it's there Facepalm

Here we ago again....another atheist who happens to know what a theist believes.

So you're saying you're unsure? You perhaps, do not know? You perhaps, have *no fucking reason* to adopt your unfalsifiable belief?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2015, 02:06 AM
(13-08-2015 02:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Here we ago again....another atheist who happens to know what a theist believes.

So you're saying you're unsure? You perhaps, do not know? You perhaps, have *no fucking reason* to adopt your unfalsifiable belief?

I'm saying you should stop pretending you know what theists believe.

Atheists don't like it when theist tell them what they believe and theist don't like it when atheists hypocritically do the same thing.
13-08-2015, 02:11 AM
(13-08-2015 02:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  So you're saying you're unsure? You perhaps, do not know? You perhaps, have *no fucking reason* to adopt your unfalsifiable belief?

I'm saying you should stop pretending you know what theists believe.

Atheists don't like it when theist tell them what they believe and theist don't like it when atheists hypocritically do the same thing.

Nice dodge, Godboy. Pity you're God's not more friendly, then we wouldn't need gimmicks like unfalsifiable beliefs, would we?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2015, 02:13 AM
(13-08-2015 02:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm saying you should stop pretending you know what theists believe.

Nice dodge, Godboy. Pity you're God's not more friendly, then we wouldn't need gimmicks like unfalsifiable beliefs, would we?

Just stop pretending you are an authority of theistic beliefs.....cause you're not......mmmmkay.
13-08-2015, 02:16 AM
(13-08-2015 02:13 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nice dodge, Godboy. Pity you're God's not more friendly, then we wouldn't need gimmicks like unfalsifiable beliefs, would we?

Just stop pretending you are an authority of theistic beliefs.....cause you're not......mmmmkay.

Oh fuck off. I have not made any pretence. I made one statement and when you contradicted me I *asked* you directly, at which point you chose to dodge.

Jesus must be proud.

13-08-2015, 02:19 AM
(13-08-2015 02:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:13 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just stop pretending you are an authority of theistic beliefs.....cause you're not......mmmmkay.

Oh fuck off. I have not made any pretence. I made one statement and when you contradicted me I *asked* you directly, at which point you chose to dodge.

Jesus must be proud.

I forgive you for telling me to fuck off.
13-08-2015, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 02:31 AM by Peebothuhul.)
(13-08-2015 02:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for telling me to fuck off.

Yeh, but in the case of Morondog.. You did start it Heywood, y'know... Jus' sayin'...
13-08-2015, 02:27 AM
(13-08-2015 02:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 02:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh fuck off. I have not made any pretence. I made one statement and when you contradicted me I *asked* you directly, at which point you chose to dodge.

Jesus must be proud.

I forgive you for telling me to fuck off.

Do you forgive yourself for being a sack of shit though? Or do you just say the words and then stay awake at night thinking about what a shit you are?

13-08-2015, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 03:28 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Look, Blowjob, I know trolling is what gets your rocks off, but most of us here used to be theists.

So we have a pretty good concept of what "they" believe.

Furthermore, most of them go to a great deal of trouble to tell us (despite the above) what they believe, so we have a pretty good idea from that, too.

If, on the odd chance, we're dealing with theists whose ideas we have not seen before, then we tell them to provide some explanation (preferably backed with logic, reason, and/or evidence) for what they claim. Most of them seem to prefer using vague word-salad when pressed on this point.

So quit with the artificial righteous indignation, d'accord?

(Edited to correct a plural.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post