Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 03:32 AM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
(22-08-2015 03:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "I said that randomness was almost universally accepted to be solely a function of ignorance" - Blowme

Facepalm .... Weeping

Newtonian physics was almost universally accept and it is completely deterministic. You should hang your head in shame for embarrassing yourself and your family with what you posted above.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 04:20 AM
At work..

*Raises hand*

Can I ask for a translation... un... dumbing down..... of some...um....most of the terms Heywood threw out in their last post....please?

Blush
22-08-2015, 11:56 AM
(22-08-2015 03:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You should hang your head in shame for embarrassing yourself and your family with what you posted above.

I forgive you for insulting Bucky and his family. Must make your family proud.

#sigh
22-08-2015, 11:57 AM
(22-08-2015 04:20 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Can I ask for a translation...

Not worth it. Just BlowMe showing his Christian love.

#sigh
22-08-2015, 11:58 AM
(22-08-2015 11:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 03:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You should hang your head in shame for embarrassing yourself and your family with what you posted above.

He-a have-a no honowa. He-a is-a bad-a ninja. ETA: He-a bwing dishonowa upon his-a famuree.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-08-2015, 12:37 PM
(22-08-2015 04:20 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work..

*Raises hand*

Can I ask for a translation... un... dumbing down..... of some...um....most of the terms Heywood threw out in their last post....please?

Blush

If there is something you don't understand, quote it in the debate and I will try to explain it. Remember we wanted to have a conversation and not necessarily a formal debate.
22-08-2015, 12:47 PM
(22-08-2015 11:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Saying he brought shame upon himself and his family for being so obviously wrong is not insulting him. Bucky should be ashamed, he isn't ignorant of history.

If I said he was stupid....that would be an insult. What is the difference? "Shame" is a consequence of his post, "stupid" is a comment about his character. You see Girlyman, insults are directed at people....there character. Criticism is directed at their comments or position.

And Bucky should be just as ashamed of his comment as if he claimed, perhaps in some drunken stuper, that the earth is 6000 years old.
22-08-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 01:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2015 12:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Saying he brought shame upon himself and his family for being so obviously wrong is not insulting him.

Just another example of your perverted hypocritical Christian love. I know Christians, I love Christians, I'm married to a Christian, and you sir are no Christian.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 01:16 PM
(22-08-2015 03:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 03:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "I said that randomness was almost universally accepted to be solely a function of ignorance" - Blowme

Facepalm .... Weeping

Newtonian physics was almost universally accept* and it is completely deterministic. You should hang your head in shame for embarrassing yourself and your family with what you posted above.

*accepted
* their (character)

The tense of your verb (*was*) is the important operand there, Blowme.
A "-50" really shouldn't be drawing attention to the subject of *shame*. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-08-2015, 01:38 PM
(09-08-2015 12:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Because all that we observe is that effects have causes. Now when you see an effect with no cause, you can either assume the cause is hidden from us, the cause is non local, or that effects somehow have no cause. The latter is an utterly ridiculous notion. Bells Theorem tells us that hidden causes are not going to explain all the predictions of quantum mechanics. So that leaves us with two options. Non local causes or the ridiculous notion that some effects have no cause.

Effects with no cause is nonsensical so I reject that notion. If there is an effect then there is a cause. If the cause cannot be local then it must be non local. Non local causes would exist if God exists and maintains this world.

Its all logical and fits with my observations of the world.

...... and that's exactly where theists go off the rails.
What we observe, occurs in this universe, under very specific conditions. There is no reason, (absent any evidence), to assume the conditions under which we make our observations here, in this universe, are extant, are in any way the same, or operate apart from the very specific conditions we observe here, locally. We know that "things that fit logically" are not the way fundamental reality operates, (Relativity, Uncertainty, etc.). We know that apart from this universe, we cannot assume space-time or causality to operate, without evidence for their *exact same* properties, apart from this universe.

But thanks Blowme, for describing the fake follies and fallacies your theist outlook is based on .... all shifting sands, with unreasonable assumptions made about reality based on an invalid sample of observations. Your "n" is 1. A sample size of 1, is not reasonable to project anything from. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post