Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 05:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
(09-08-2015 12:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Now when you see an effect with no cause, you can either assume the cause is hidden from us, the cause is non local, or that effects somehow have no cause. The latter is an utterly ridiculous notion.

(09-08-2015 12:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Effects with no cause is nonsensical so I reject that notion. If there is an effect then there is a cause.

Hume and Kant didn't dismiss it as casually as you do. They found it serious enough to warrant a considerable amount of thought and attention. Of course, they aren't you. Since you say it's ridiculous it must be because well ... you said it. You bring shame on your family and bloodline, Christians everywhere, and the entire human race.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 03:06 PM
(22-08-2015 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 12:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Now when you see an effect with no cause, you can either assume the cause is hidden from us, the cause is non local, or that effects somehow have no cause. The latter is an utterly ridiculous notion.

(09-08-2015 12:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Effects with no cause is nonsensical so I reject that notion. If there is an effect then there is a cause.

Hume and Kant found it serious enough to invest a considerable amount of thought. Of course, they aren't you. Since you say it's ridiculous it must be because well ... you said it. You bring shame to your entire family and bloodline, hell to the entire human race even.

Naw, man; don't worry. Ol' Blowjob's precious feels are obviously a better guide to reality than any possible amount of actual data or investigation.

The universe is self-evidently the way he wants it to be, because otherwise he would be upset. QED, skeptics.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
22-08-2015, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 04:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2015 03:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Ol' Blowjob's precious feels are obviously a better guide to reality than any possible amount of actual data or investigation.

What do you think they feel like? I'm thinking like a feather tickling my testicles.

#sigh
22-08-2015, 03:56 PM
(22-08-2015 03:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 03:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Ol' Blowjob's precious feels are obviously a better guide to reality than any possible amount of actual data or investigation.

What do you think they feel like? I think it's like a feather tickling my testicles.

Please no photos... Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-08-2015, 05:01 PM
(22-08-2015 03:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 03:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What do you think they feel like? I think it's like a feather tickling my testicles.

Please no photos... Weeping

What about diagrams?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-08-2015, 12:33 AM
(22-08-2015 03:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Naw, man; don't worry. Ol' Blowjob's precious feels are obviously a better guide to reality than any possible amount of actual data or investigation.

The universe is self-evidently the way he wants it to be, because otherwise he would be upset. QED, skeptics.

What data do you have to support your own feelings. What are your feelings anyways? At the quantum level is randomness intrinsic and opposed to being generated non-locally? You can't prove that. You have no data to support that. Do you believe the many-worlds interpretation....again.... you can prove that. You have no data to support that. All that you have is a feeling that God doesn't exist and therefore non-local causes cannot exist...right?

There exists observations in nature which indicate something you would expect to see if God exists and maintains the world. That something is effects with no apparent cause. Sorry to hurt you feelings but the world is what the world is and you need to come to grips with it.
24-08-2015, 12:35 AM
(24-08-2015 12:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There exists observations in nature which indicate something you would expect to see if God exists and maintains the world. That something is effects with no apparent cause. Sorry to hurt you feelings but the world is what the world is and you need to come to grips with it.

Show us your data.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-08-2015, 01:01 AM
(24-08-2015 12:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 12:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There exists observations in nature which indicate something you would expect to see if God exists and maintains the world. That something is effects with no apparent cause. Sorry to hurt you feelings but the world is what the world is and you need to come to grips with it.

Show us your data.

What should you expect to see if God exists and maintains this world? Effects without local causes. What do you observe? Effects without local causes.

Now in order to bury your head in the sand and continue to pretend that there are no observations in nature which suggest the existence of God, something completely nonsensical had to be invented and accepted on nothing but faith alone. That notion is intrinsic randomness. A notion that some effects can just manifest themselves without any local causes.
24-08-2015, 01:04 AM
(24-08-2015 01:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 12:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Show us your data.

What should you expect to see if God exists and maintains this world? Effects without local causes. What do you observe? Effects without local causes.

Now in order to bury your head in the sand and continue to pretend that there are no observations in nature which suggest the existence of God, something completely nonsensical had to be invented and accepted on nothing but faith alone. That notion is intrinsic randomness. A notion that some effects can just manifest themselves without any local causes.

So, you got nothin'?

Noted.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-08-2015, 01:09 AM
(24-08-2015 01:04 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 01:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What should you expect to see if God exists and maintains this world? Effects without local causes. What do you observe? Effects without local causes.

So, you got nothin'?

Noted.

Nothing excepts observations you would expect to see if God exists and maintains this world.

The only reason you would accept the miraculous healing of an amputee as evidence of God's existence is because it would be an effect without a local cause. The quantum world is full of effects without local causes. So why shouldn't that be considered evidence for God's existence?