Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
At work.

Simple, honest answer of "I do not know at this time."

And acknowledging that people smarter in such fields are looking into/seeking possible answers.

P.S. Back off from poking Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 12:12 PM
(25-08-2015 12:08 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Simple, honest answer of "I do not know at this time."

And acknowledging that people smarter in such fields are looking into/seeking possible answers.

P.S. Back off from poking Banjo.

I'm sure Banjo can take a poking every now and then. There are some fragile people here but I so far Banjo doesn't strike me as being one of them.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-08-2015, 03:04 PM
(25-08-2015 12:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe when you're not all drugged out you can address instead of hand waving it away. If atheists won't accept observations of effects without local causes for God's existence, what would they accept?

Ask your God. Then come back with his answer. When we don't accept it, ask your God if he really is God.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Not at work. Tongue

(25-08-2015 12:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe when you're not all drugged out you can address instead of hand waving it away. If atheists won't accept observations of effects without local causes for God's existence, what would they accept?

Okay... since I'm in a sleep deprived mood (Yah, five or so shifts straight night work will do that too me Tongue )

Thought I'd revisit this little gem.

Okay Heywood, lets straighten out a kink or two in our communication over my last, rushed, truncated post.

When I asked you not to 'poke' Banjo I was more meaning that, perhaps, you'd reply to the them civilly.

Now, seeing as you're all set on forgiving people for directly insulting you, you sure do not turn the other cheek when some one scores a good character hit upon yourself now, do you?

As for the whole 'Lay off the drugs'? Okay Mr Higher than thou... you fight possibly terminal cancer and then come back here looking for sympathy. Because after such a post? You're sure going to find it very thin on the ground.

You bet I'll be more than happy to let Banjo fight their own battles... but seeing as they're a tad under the weather fighting for their life... perhaps some one offering to help carry their load won't go astray.

I'll be thinking about our friendly chat, worry you not, but sleep and yet more fun times at work await myself over the next few days/weeks.

I'll let Banjo relate to people how wonderful our weather has been lately. Tongue
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
25-08-2015, 05:48 PM
(24-08-2015 01:09 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 01:04 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So, you got nothin'?

Noted.

Nothing excepts observations you would expect to see if God exists and maintains this world.

The only reason you would accept the miraculous healing of an amputee as evidence of God's existence is because it would be an effect without a local cause. The quantum world is full of effects without local causes. So why shouldn't that be considered evidence for God's existence?

I suppose you are basing that on your faith in Bell's Theorem?

Bell's Theorem might be proof if and only if your interpretation (reality is non-local) is true.
That is heavily disputed, so your contention is not proof.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2015, 11:18 PM
(25-08-2015 03:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Ask your God. Then come back with his answer. When we don't accept it, ask your God if he really is God.

Fuck that, he should ask his God for the answer to something we don't already know and cannot easily make up, but that we could verify. Like how to reconcile quantum mechanics and relativity, or an answer for the Goldbach conjecture, Poincaré conjecture, Hodge conjecture, Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture, or any number of other as-of-yet unsolved mathematical problems.

But he won't, because he cannot. In the same way that those claiming to have been abducted by aliens and have visited their worlds and claim to bring back messages of peace and universal love; yet none of them can supply answer to questions that cannot simply be conjectured out of whole cloth and remain unverifiable.

God, much like extraterrestrials, vanishes in the face of falsifiability.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2015, 12:37 AM
(25-08-2015 05:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 01:09 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nothing excepts observations you would expect to see if God exists and maintains this world.

The only reason you would accept the miraculous healing of an amputee as evidence of God's existence is because it would be an effect without a local cause. The quantum world is full of effects without local causes. So why shouldn't that be considered evidence for God's existence?

I suppose you are basing that on your faith in Bell's Theorem?

Bell's Theorem might be proof if and only if your interpretation (reality is non-local) is true.
That is heavily disputed, so your contention is not proof.

Bells theorem is not heavily disputed. If it is heavily disputed then the notion that the earth is spherical is also heavily disputed.
26-08-2015, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 12:44 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(25-08-2015 11:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck that, he should ask his God for the answer to something we don't already know and cannot easily make up, but that we could verify. Like how to reconcile quantum mechanics and relativity, or an answer for the Goldbach conjecture, PoincarĂ© conjecture, Hodge conjecture, Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture, or any number of other as-of-yet unsolved mathematical problems.

But he won't, because he cannot. In the same way that those claiming to have been abducted by aliens and have visited their worlds and claim to bring back messages of peace and universal love; yet none of them can supply answer to questions that cannot simply be conjectured out of whole cloth and remain unverifiable.

Last time God spoke to me, I asked him what my purpose was. He said, "Show these heathens it is likely I exist....and when you have completed your task...I will send my prophet Egor to convert them to the one true religion".

Have fun with your Veridicism.....chumps.
26-08-2015, 12:55 AM
(26-08-2015 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Last time God spoke to me, I asked him what my purpose was. He said, "Show these heathens it is likely I exist....and when you have completed your task...I will send my prophet Egor to convert them to the one true religion".

Not as much fun as you have playing with your dick, clearly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-08-2015, 12:55 AM
(26-08-2015 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 11:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck that, he should ask his God for the answer to something we don't already know and cannot easily make up, but that we could verify. Like how to reconcile quantum mechanics and relativity, or an answer for the Goldbach conjecture, PoincarĂ© conjecture, Hodge conjecture, Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture, or any number of other as-of-yet unsolved mathematical problems.

Last time God spoke to me, I asked him what my purpose was. He said, "Show these heathens it is likely I exist....and when you have completed your task...I will send my prophet Egor to convert them to the one true religion".

That's funny, because he told me that you're a dick, and he hates you.

Good luck falsifying that dipshit. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post