Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
(24-08-2015 01:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What should you expect to see if God exists and maintains this world? Effects without local causes. What do you observe? Effects without local causes.

Is that the only possible explanation?

I'll take presupposition for a True Daily Double, Alex.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2015, 10:05 PM
(27-08-2015 01:30 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  However the overwhelming consensus view is that the earth is a sphere [...]

Wrong. The Earth is an oblate spheroid, and that is the overwhelming consensus.

You'll have noticed that an oblate spheroid is not a sphere. Look it up.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2015, 10:18 PM
(28-08-2015 10:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 01:30 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  However the overwhelming consensus view is that the earth is a sphere [...]

I've been trying to tell him that but he never listens. I don't think he's capable of even realizing when he's wrong let alone admitting it.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2015, 10:20 PM
(28-08-2015 10:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Wrong. The Earth is an oblate spheroid, and that is the overwhelming consensus.

I've been trying to tell him that but he never listens. I don't think he's capable of even realizing when he's wrong let alone admit it.

I would suppose it's hard to hear, or see, with your head crammed that far up your ass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
28-08-2015, 11:49 PM
(28-08-2015 10:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 01:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What should you expect to see if God exists and maintains this world? Effects without local causes. What do you observe? Effects without local causes.

Is that the only possible explanation?

Hugh Everett's many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics would explain our observations of effects that do not have local causes. However I find God to be more plausible than the idea that reality is continuously branching off into sub realities.

(28-08-2015 10:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

I know it is not a perfect sphere. It is just easier to say it is a sphere. You are being a nit here and not advancing a counter argument.

(28-08-2015 10:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've been trying to tell him that but he never listens. I don't think he's capable of even realizing when he's wrong let alone admit it.

I would suppose it's hard to hear, or see, with your head crammed that far up your ass.

Anjele, I forgive you for saying I have my head up my ass. If you are going to participate in these threads, at least add some content instead of just spamming your troll posts.
28-08-2015, 11:54 PM
(28-08-2015 11:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I could just copy-paste what Chas already posted from the article itself, but seeing as you're a retarded little bitch with the reading comprehension of a stuffed hamster, I'd just as well not make your life any easier.

But really, you should try silence, I bet it would do wonders for your reputation. Drinking Beverage

I'm sure you would do that to try to save face but it won't work. Your claim was flat out WRONG! Bell's theorem is largely not in dispute......just like the earth being a sphere is largely not dispute.

The Earth is not a sphere.

And it is the interpretation and implications of Bell's Theorem that are in dispute.

You are a fucking ignoramus.

Quote:I forgive you for calling am a retarded little bitch. If you are going to engage in discussions like this, you should work on gaining the intellectual equipment and psychological maturity necessary to engage in conversations with rationale adults.

You should gain the knowledge, reading comprehension, and critical thinking skills to sit at the adults' table.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
29-08-2015, 10:41 AM
(28-08-2015 11:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Is that the only possible explanation?

Hugh Everett's many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics would explain our observations of effects that do not have local causes. However I find God to be more plausible than the idea that reality is continuously branching off into sub realities.

Yes, because it fits your preconceived notions. As I said, presupposition.

It's nice that you have these just-so feelings. Great. Have a cookie. But if you want to convince anyone else that your beliefs merit consideration, you'll need to show why.

(28-08-2015 11:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I know it is not a perfect sphere. It is just easier to say it is a sphere. You are being a nit here and not advancing a counter argument.

In a discussion where you're pointing to theorems and what-not, a slinky equivocation to a colloquialism is dishonest. Maintain the same standards throughout.

And what I was doing there was demonstrating your distaste for admitting error. Thanks for obliging.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2015, 10:55 AM
(28-08-2015 11:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjele, I forgive you for saying I have my head up my ass.

That's just funny. It deserved repeating. Big Grin

(28-08-2015 11:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you are going to participate in these threads, at least add some content instead of just spamming your troll posts.

This is an atheist website. You are the troll here mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-08-2015, 11:03 AM
(28-08-2015 11:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjele, I forgive you for saying I have my head up my ass. If you are going to participate in these threads, at least add some content instead of just spamming your troll posts.

I am not the troll here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2015, 12:55 PM
(29-08-2015 11:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 11:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjele, I forgive you for saying I have my head up my ass. If you are going to participate in these threads, at least add some content instead of just spamming your troll posts.

I am not the troll here.

He's just butthurt 'cos he is clearly seen for what he is. So he attempts to pretend that he's been wronged. He's maybe managed to convince one person - himself. Maybe.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post