Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
This dude's even worse than Q. I am thoroughly entertained. Please continue.
Popcorn

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2015, 05:50 PM
(30-08-2015 05:44 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This dude's even worse than Q. I am thoroughly entertained. Please continue.
Popcorn

At least he (Blowme) knows the language, unlike q and a third....who speaks in some strange gibberish that is apparently also color coded.

Big Q is just an ass...a pompous one at that.

Blowme is just not likable...even with all that forgiving going on.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
30-08-2015, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 09:18 PM by Chas.)
(30-08-2015 12:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If Many Worlds and God are the only two explanations and I make no presuppositions, then I should apply the principle of indifference and weight each equally. That would mean there is a 50% chance God is the explanation for the observed effects without causes and there is a 50% Many Worlds is the explanation for the observed effects without causes. This means there is at least a 50% chance that God exist.

They aren't the only two explanations. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
31-08-2015, 01:23 AM
(30-08-2015 10:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, it wouldn't. Simply because there are only two explanations doesn't mean that both explanations are equally likely. For instance, if someone stole the fish tacos off your cafeteria tray at school, it could have been the kid sitting next to you, or it could have been a hungry polar bear that wandered down from the Arctic searching for food.

Do you realize how much you have contradicted yourself? First you say I shouldn't make any presuppositions. Now you are claiming I shouldn't treat all possibilities equally and presuppose one over the other.

You're wasting my time with your nonsense.

Edit: regarding the false dichotomy, what other alternatives am I not considering? You can't just throw out a charge of "false dichotomy". For the charge to stick you need to list the other alternatives.
31-08-2015, 01:29 AM
(30-08-2015 10:55 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 12:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  By definition there is only one reality. It maybe broken into sub realities. You need to show there is at least one sub reality before you would have any evidence of Many Worlds.

Blink

What? No! I know I have little more than High school education behind me but even I can see that's a bad argument/statement/what ever.

Many worlds theory(Hypothesis?) definitely does NOT need our reality some how,

(30-08-2015 12:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  It maybe broken into sub realities.

That isn't how it works.

Peebothulhul, reality by definition is everything. If many worlds is correct, the reality we observe isn't all there is but rather just a sub reality. In order to demonstrate our reality isn't all there is, you need to observe another sub reality. Good luck with that.
31-08-2015, 01:47 AM
(31-08-2015 01:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Peebothulhul, reality by definition is everything.

Yyyeeesss.... I'll grant your use of the word in that sense.

(31-08-2015 01:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If many worlds is correct, the reality we observe isn't all there is but rather just a sub reality.

Um.. no.

Our reality might be a part of a 'larger' reality. Or... there might be a whole 'mess'/'foam'/'soup'/'en-bigger wording' thing of 'realities' all about 'beyond'/'adjacent' to our reality.

* I think our usage of the word 'reality' changed between quotes/sentences? Unsure

(31-08-2015 01:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In order to demonstrate our reality isn't all there is, you need to observe another sub reality. Good luck with that.

Again, not really. One would simply have to 'break through' to some other reality to show there's more than one. Hence Sci-fi's many versions of 'Hyperspace' (B5 has an interesting take) 'Sub-space', 'Jump-space' etc.

Which, again, is off in the realm of scientists (And dreamers) who think about such things. Smile

Argh, another 'short' post. Blush

*toddles off to bed in preparation for a crap-tonn of bad working day on the morrow*
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post