Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: Commentary on Peebo's and Heywood's Comfy Corner
(10-08-2015 01:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Damn you Bucky! I am now listening to that vacuous simpleton William Lane Craig. I am 22 minutes in and he still hasn't said anything. Gravity is fine tuned? What, on every planet?

WLC would be a great politician, he can talk for hours without saying anything. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 08:08 AM
(09-08-2015 05:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 11:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Chas, I do agree that atomic decay probably has some local cause and therefore is no actually random. It may appear random to us because we are ignorant of certain facts of observable reality. However Bells theorem tells us that reality either has to it some intrinsic randomness(which makes no sense whatsoever) or the cause some effects is non-local. Assuming of course our reality is governed by laws quantum mechanics describes.

You seem to have latched on to Bell's Theorem as gospel. It is highly disputed in the physics community.

Not really - there are no serious hidden variable interpretations and there have not been any for decades. The predictions of the inequalities from which it is derived have been experimentally affirmed countless times.

Hidden variables are nothing more than insisting that quantum mechanics can't be true and that if we look hard enough the rules magically become reassuringly classical again. If ol' physically illiterate Heywood here was arguing merely that, it would be one thing. "Randomness becuz GAAAAAAWD" is orders of magnitude dumber.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
10-08-2015, 08:52 AM
(10-08-2015 08:08 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 05:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  You seem to have latched on to Bell's Theorem as gospel. It is highly disputed in the physics community.

Not really - there are no serious hidden variable interpretations and there have not been any for decades. The predictions of the inequalities from which it is derived have been experimentally affirmed countless times.

Hidden variables are nothing more than insisting that quantum mechanics can't be true and that if we look hard enough the rules magically become reassuringly classical again. If ol' physically illiterate Heywood here was arguing merely that, it would be one thing. "Randomness becuz GAAAAAAWD" is orders of magnitude dumber.

Sorry, I should have said the implications of Bell's Theorem are highly disputed in the physics community.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2015, 10:02 AM
(10-08-2015 12:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yep, victim mentality. That's why wages have been stagnant since the 70's and the top 1% has 95% of the wealth and the entirety of the 'economic recovery' after 2008 went straight into their pockets as well. Wealth inequality is the highest it's been since the Gilded Age. The system is gamed, the deck is stacked; and yet somehow both knowing this and recognizing it for what it is, somehow now makes it all my fault. As if I somehow fucked the system against myself for their benefit.

How does it feel to know you've peaked economically and that the best you will ever be is a night clerk at some motel? Yes you do have a victim mentality. You blame wages being stagnant for your wages being stagnant. Its always someone else fault with you. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you blame spoons for making you fat.
10-08-2015, 10:39 AM
(10-08-2015 10:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yep, victim mentality. That's why wages have been stagnant since the 70's and the top 1% has 95% of the wealth and the entirety of the 'economic recovery' after 2008 went straight into their pockets as well. Wealth inequality is the highest it's been since the Gilded Age. The system is gamed, the deck is stacked; and yet somehow both knowing this and recognizing it for what it is, somehow now makes it all my fault. As if I somehow fucked the system against myself for their benefit.

How does it feel to know you've peaked economically and that the best you will ever be is a night clerk at some motel? Yes you do have a victim mentality. You blame wages being stagnant for your wages being stagnant. Its always someone else fault with you. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you blame spoons for making you fat.

What a pleasant fella you are to be sure. A guy who's successful I'm *pretty goddamn sure* wouldn't be spending his time denigrating others, but rather building them up. So tell us, how successful are *you*? What amazing life path have you followed that you end up in a forum being a shit to other people? Oh and let's not forget, ostentatiously pretending to forgive them for being nasty to you, all the while being an ugly-inside mother-fucker as exhibited here.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-08-2015, 12:00 PM
(10-08-2015 10:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  What a pleasant fella you are to be sure. A guy who's successful I'm *pretty goddamn sure* wouldn't be spending his time denigrating others, but rather building them up. So tell us, how successful are *you*? What amazing life path have you followed that you end up in a forum being a shit to other people? Oh and let's not forget, ostentatiously pretending to forgive them for being nasty to you, all the while being an ugly-inside mother-fucker as exhibited here.

According to EvolutionKills, these are not insults because the things I said are true.....at least from my perspective.

He really does have a victim mentality and his life will not go anywhere until he shakes it. I thought about it. I was mad at him because of his incessant nastiness. I said to myself, "the best way i can get back at this prick is just to say nothing and ignore him....let him lead his go no-where life". In the end I care about him enough to at least let him know why he is failure so that he has an opportunity to fix it. I forgave him for being such a prick and gave him some good advice. Make his own lot in life instead of blaming others for the one he has. What have you done for him? Nothing.

Also Why didn't you get all preachy with him? You have a double standard. Its okay for an atheist to denigrate a theist but if a theist simply tells the truth, well then they are an ugly-inside mother-fucker.

10-08-2015, 12:07 PM
(10-08-2015 10:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How does it feel to know you've peaked economically and that the best you will ever be is a night clerk at some motel? Yes you do have a victim mentality. You blame wages being stagnant for your wages being stagnant. Its always someone else fault with you. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you blame spoons for making you fat.

As opposed to what asshole, blaming the entirety of our fucked economic system on myself?

Exactly how am I responsible for corporations gaming the system in their favor?

How am I responsible for the disastrous Supreme Court decisions that have allowed the rich and powerful to buy out our government and rig the system in their favor, starting with court decisions dating back to the 70's (placing these decisions at a time when my own parents were not old enough to even vote and express political power themselves).

Maybe I should just pray for a raise?

How about I pray to your god to save me from your stupidity?

I try to take responsibility for the things I can control, and this system was fucked long before I got here jackass.

Although the idea that you are getting all haughty over 'personal responsibility' when you're the one that ascribes to a world-view that includes a magical sky-daddy in control of everything (including, apparently, injecting randomness into the universe at the quantum level), is pretty fucking rich. That's why you're a hack and an asshole, you who so easily shit on others you see them below yourself while conveniently forgetting your own supposed stances, acting like nothing more than a simple schoolyard bully.

So what's next, are you going to ask me what brand of shoes I wear, so that you can laugh at me for not having Adidas' or Nike's because my parent's couldn't afford a $150 pair of sneakers? How much more juvenile are you going to get?

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 12:14 PM
(10-08-2015 12:07 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 10:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How does it feel to know you've peaked economically and that the best you will ever be is a night clerk at some motel? Yes you do have a victim mentality. You blame wages being stagnant for your wages being stagnant. Its always someone else fault with you. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you blame spoons for making you fat.

As opposed to what asshole, blaming the entirety of our fucked economic system on myself?

How am I responsible for the disastrous Supreme Court decisions that have allowed the rich and powerful to buy out our government and rig the system in their favor, starting with court decisions dating back to the 70's (placing these decisions at a time when my own parents were not old enough to even vote and express political power themselves).

I try to take responsibility for the things I can control, and this system was fucked long before I got here jackass.

Although the idea that you are getting all haughty over 'personal responsibility' when you're the one that ascribes to a world-view that includes a magical sky-daddy in control of everything (including, apparently, injecting randomness into the universe at the quantum level), is pretty fucking rich. That's why you're a hack and an asshole, you who so easily shit on others you see them below yourself while conveniently forgetting your own supposed stances, acting like nothing more than a simple schoolyard bully.

So what's next, are you going to ask me what brand of shoes I wear, so that you can laugh at me for not having Adidas' or Nike's because my parent's couldn't afford a $150 pair of sneakers? How much more juvenile are you going to get?

I forgive you for saying those nasty things about me. You obviously are not happy with your job. You don't even try to do a good job anymore. All you try to do is blame others for your lot when it is in your power to make your own. I have seen failures and I have seen successful people. Successful people never blame others for keeping them poor. People who blame others for keeping them poor, those people stay poor.

I can't give you a specific plan on bettering your life. But I can tell you your life isn't going to get any better unless you change your attitude.

Stop being the victim.
10-08-2015, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 01:13 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-08-2015 12:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:07 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  As opposed to what asshole, blaming the entirety of our fucked economic system on myself?

I forgive you for saying those nasty things about me. You obviously are not happy with your job. You don't even try to do a good job anymore. All you try to do is blame others for your lot when it is in your power to make your own. I have seen failures and I have seen successful people. Successful people never blame others for keeping them poor. People who blame others for keeping them poor, those people stay poor.

I can't give you a specific plan on bettering your life. But I can tell you your life isn't going to get any better unless you change your attitude.

Stop being the victim.

Lemme guess, you blame rape victims for being rapped too, right?

Those caught in bad relationships have no one to blame but themselves, right? Everyone has supreme control of there own destinies, and the victims all just choose to let themselves get fucked over. Nobody ever had anything happen to them outside of their own control, right? There is a direct one-to-one correlation between hard work and being successful, right? The system is incapable of crushing people with it's weight, all of the people who aren't millionaires simply didn't want it hard enough? Circumstance and chance have zero affect on any outcomes, a positive attitude trump all, even in the face of overwhelming opposition?

Perhaps the slaves of the American South would have been better off continuing to 'yes master' their owners and accept the beatings and rapes with a smile and a positive attitude? I mean, after all, they were all slaves because they allowed themselves to be victimized, right? Nobody was actually born into as fucked of a system as slavery, right? They all choose to be either successful people, or let themselves be victims of slavery, right?

Circumstances outside of their control had no affect on their status as slaves, right?

I wish I knew what drugs you where on, because you live inside a magnificent fucking delusion.

It's always so much easier to shit on those below you, rather than lend a helping hand to pull them up. How very Christian of you Blowjob, how very, very Christian of you.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 03:29 PM
(10-08-2015 12:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  According to EvolutionKills, these are not insults because the things I said are true.....at least from my perspective.
Funny old thing, all the times you forgave other people for 'insults' they were more *deductions* than insults. True from *anyone*'s perspective, apart from you, the dickhead in question.

Quote:He really does have a victim mentality and his life will not go anywhere until he shakes it. I thought about it. I was mad at him because of his incessant nastiness. I said to myself, "the best way i can get back at this prick is just to say nothing and ignore him....let him lead his go no-where life". In the end I care about him enough to at least let him know why he is failure so that he has an opportunity to fix it. I forgave him for being such a prick and gave him some good advice. Make his own lot in life instead of blaming others for the one he has. What have you done for him? Nothing.
Well, let's see, I don't see an answer here to my question. Where are you in your life, dickhead, that you feel that you can call others failures? Also please either supply evidence that you got to your wonderful lot in life by your own efforts, or publicly accept responsibility that the reason you're in a shitty place is purely because of your own lack of initiative.

Quote:Also Why didn't you get all preachy with him? You have a double standard. Its okay for an atheist to denigrate a theist but if a theist simply tells the truth, well then they are an ugly-inside mother-fucker..
You, my dear twat, are the dickhead who claims some kind of moral high ground and pretends to forgive people for offending you. Don't get whiny when it's pointed out that you fall far short of being a saint yourself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.