Commentary on Q and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Commentary on Q and Mark
I get the Jokes.

Q is someone that doesn't. It obviously flew over his head. This is also a classic Q move he looks for anything to say "SEE YOUR NOT SERIOUS!" "THIS OFFENDS ME! SO I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO WHAT YOU SAY!"

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Why does Q keep writing Mark's name all over his replies? It's as if he has to remind himself who he's talking to.

It reminds me of the old used-car salesman's trick of repeating the customer's name over and over and over and over and over and over and over again so that he/she will think they really like him. Consider

**Crickets** -- God
21-10-2015, 07:33 PM
(21-10-2015 12:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Off the top of my head, one of a number of such quotations you are forgetting about is this one [about a new covenant] from Jeremiah’s 31st chapter:
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

LOL!!
21-10-2015, 08:14 PM
(21-10-2015 07:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 12:18 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Off the top of my head, one of a number of such quotations you are forgetting about is this one [about a new covenant] from Jeremiah’s 31st chapter:
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

LOL!!

Jew who's sticking Q's claims directly up his ass. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

(21-10-2015 06:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I must admit, I am pleasantly surprised by your reply. You appear to have actually read and understood some of what I have written. You have also expressed yourself well, with no grammatical errors. What is more, you have not said anything outlandishly stupid this time. This boads well for a good discussion.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
23-10-2015, 08:42 AM
(23-10-2015 07:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Okay, so you’re NOT Jewish. I get it now. Because I’m not here to debate Judaism with you, but you don’t know the first thing about it, apparently. A Jew who becomes a Christian is entitled to fully participate in all religious and ceremonial aspects of Judaism from Bar Mitzvah to Jewish burial, and there are many Messianics, however discreet, in synagogues of all stripes today. Your NTS regarding “true Jews” is offensive to both traditional and Messianic Jews, as well as the rules of logic. Please stop!

I have been Jewish all my life, and I’ve been orthodox for the majority of my adult life. I’ve moved around and have lived in cities with dense Jewish populations. I’m also a shul-hopper, so I’ve gotten around the circuit. Never once have I met a messianic in our midst, and I’ve never met anyone who is even confused or iffy about the subject of Jesus. I’ve never met them in Reformed synagogues, I’ve never met them in Conservative, Reconstructionist, Orthodox or Chassidic synagogues.

I've heard this claim before, but I don't know where these people are. I'd be really interested in meeting a Messianic Jew with an authentic Orthodox background (who does not suffer from an obvious personality disorder), but no one seems to actually know any.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
23-10-2015, 08:48 AM
(23-10-2015 08:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 07:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Okay, so you’re NOT Jewish. I get it now. Because I’m not here to debate Judaism with you, but you don’t know the first thing about it, apparently. A Jew who becomes a Christian is entitled to fully participate in all religious and ceremonial aspects of Judaism from Bar Mitzvah to Jewish burial, and there are many Messianics, however discreet, in synagogues of all stripes today. Your NTS regarding “true Jews” is offensive to both traditional and Messianic Jews, as well as the rules of logic. Please stop!

I have been Jewish all my life, and I’ve been orthodox for the majority of my adult life. I’ve moved around and have lived in cities with dense Jewish populations. I’m also a shul-hopper, so I’ve gotten around the circuit. Never once have I met a messianic in our midst, and I’ve never met anyone who is even confused or iffy about the subject of Jesus. I’ve never met them in Reformed synagogues, I’ve never met them in Conservative, Reconstructionist, Orthodox or Chassidic synagogues.

I've heard this claim before, but I don't know where these people are. I'd be really interested in meeting a Messianic Jew with an authentic Orthodox background (who does not suffer from an obvious personality disorder), but no one seems to actually know any.

They are like devil worshiping atheists who eats babies. They were there five minutes ago. You just miss them all the time...

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
23-10-2015, 01:25 PM
So in post 21 Mark quotes Tertullian absolutely lambasting the idea that Paul was anything but a poser. Let's see if Qlueless does anything but his normal hand-waving obfuscation.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
23-10-2015, 02:26 PM
(23-10-2015 01:25 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So in post 21 Mark quotes Tertullian absolutely lambasting the idea that Paul was anything but a poser. Let's see if Qlueless does anything but his normal hand-waving obfuscation.

Q has already addressed that point. He claims that Tertullian is talking about Marcion's idea of Paul rather than the actual Paul, and that other writings of Tertullian are more favorable to Paul. I don't know enough to take part in that argument.

However, regardless of how that turns out, I thought Tertullian/Mark made one very good point which Q did not address: Jesus had already appointed 12 Apostles to "spread the Good News". Why was there any need for another one who had never even met Jesus? It looks very much as if Paul just appointed himself.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-10-2015, 07:52 AM
(23-10-2015 08:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I have been Jewish all my life, and I’ve been orthodox for the majority of my adult life.

Yabut, why? Consider

Why have you made your life unnecessarily difficult? Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user