Commentary on Q and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 04:06 AM
RE: Commentary on Q and Mark
(17-11-2015 02:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Is this still going? I saw Q get his arse kicked ages ago.

He went back to his hotel room, rested for a few days, and then came back pretending round two had finished only 5 minutes ago.

I think he still believes people can rise from the dead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
17-11-2015, 06:01 AM
(17-11-2015 04:06 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I think he still believes people can rise from the dead.

He certainly believes that his "arguments" can.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
17-11-2015, 02:46 PM
(17-11-2015 12:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 10:06 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Oh dear. The lights are on but nobody's home.

You think that because Paul didn't claim to have performed miracles, he couldn't have been a charlatan?

That's just like saying the sky is blue because cows aren't helicopters.

No, I'm pointing out that in this very debate you first expressed your anti-supernatural bias against Jesus and Paul and then have claimed that Paul never claimed to work in miracles--so thanks both for waffling and for making the debate claims for me!

So let's see if I get Q's point here. Mark is biased against supernatural claims that have never once been demonstrated, only claimed and written down by people who had less of a clue on how the universe works than my 6 YO, bearing in mind that there has NEVER been any verification of a supernatural world of any kind and somehow HE is being absurd? This, coupled with pointing out that the supernatural claims attributed to Paul in Acts are things that Paul never attests to in his own writing somehow makes Q's case for him. YIKES!!!!

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ma331ef914d050411b30177aa0acbc...;amp;h=300]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
17-11-2015, 03:58 PM
(17-11-2015 02:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, I'm pointing out that in this very debate you first expressed your anti-supernatural bias against Jesus and Paul and then have claimed that Paul never claimed to work in miracles--so thanks both for waffling and for making the debate claims for me!

So let's see if I get Q's point here. Mark is biased against supernatural claims that have never once been demonstrated, only claimed and written down by people who had less of a clue on how the universe works than my 6 YO, bearing in mind that there has NEVER been any verification of a supernatural world of any kind and somehow HE is being absurd? This, coupled with pointing out that the supernatural claims attributed to Paul in Acts are things that Paul never attests to in his own writing somehow makes Q's case for him. YIKES!!!!

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ma331ef914d050411b30177aa0acbc...;amp;h=300]

I also liked how he inadvertently acceded to the fact that miracle claims are equivalent to being a charlatan. So close to the truth, yet so far, because of his own interminable biases.

No Qlueless, Paul's a charlatan because he created a false religion, Mark even showed Paul's own words admitting as much.

Romans 3:7 "If the truth of God has been spread by my lie, then why am I judged a sinner.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Q claims to be an expert on the "writings of Jesus".

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I didn't catch that, but Mark did.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-11-2015, 04:26 PM
(17-11-2015 04:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Q claims to be an expert on the "writings of Jesus".

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I didn't catch that, but Mark did.

Hillarious! The thing is, Q is so biased he never stops and thinks about his own biased viewpoints. This stuff just rolls out of him like putrid gas.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
20-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Oh look, he came back with nothing.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
21-11-2015, 12:50 AM
(20-11-2015 10:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Oh look, he came back with nothing.

"But I've got a Batchelor of religious studies!!!Hobo"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
21-11-2015, 07:21 AM
(21-11-2015 12:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 10:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Oh look, he came back with nothing.

I literally lol'd when I read that. He committed a textbook fallacy and didn't realize it. I bet you 10 bucks that if the tables were turned, Q would have jumped all over it.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
21-11-2015, 07:21 AM
(21-11-2015 12:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

He's attempting to argue from his own authority. Not only is this fallacious and stunningly arrogant, but his authority is laughable.

The post you made from John Shelby Spong is a great example of what an authority looks like. Spong accepts there are REAL problems in the bible and accepts them as real problems, he's made brilliant observations in how Christians should resolve these problems.

Someone like Q uses hermeneutics, an intellectual con game to attempt to deny and sweep away problems in the bible under the rug. This is what an intellectual charlatan does, not someone who is a serious thinker.

What Spong has to say about Paul is on the mark, he seemed to be a tormented individual that wouldn't reveal what his "thorn in the flesh" was, yet he authored the Christian religion.

I don't think it's any coincidence that there are so many repressed homosexuals that are a part of this religion, Paul's religion is a story of denying yourself and subverting who you really are, the things he writes are constantly referring to this concept.

The fruit of Paul's teachings result in a Christian culture filled with Ted Haggards and Jimmy Swaggarts.

[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post