Commentary on Q and Mark

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Commentary on Q and Mark
(21-11-2015 07:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 12:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "But I've got a Batchelor of religious studies!!!Hobo"

He's attempting to argue from his own authority. Not only is this fallacious and stunningly arrogant, but his authority is laughable.

The post you made from John Shelby Spong is a great example of what an authority looks like. Spong accepts there are REAL problems in the bible and accepts them as real problems, he's made brilliant observations in how Christians should resolve these problems.

Someone like Q uses hermeneutics, an intellectual con game to attempt to deny and sweep away problems in the bible under the rug. This is what an intellectual charlatan does, not someone who is a serious thinker.

What Spong has to say about Paul is on the mark, he seemed to be a tormented individual that wouldn't reveal what his "thorn in the flesh" was, yet he authored the Christian religion.

I don't think it's any coincidence that there are so many repressed homosexuals that are a part of this religion, Paul's religion is a story of denying yourself and subverting who you really are, the things he writes are constantly referring to this concept.

The fruit of Paul's teachings result in a Christian culture filled with Ted Haggards and Jimmy Swaggarts.

"I don't think it's any coincidence that there are so many repressed homosexuals that are a part of this religion, Paul's religion is a story of denying yourself and subverting who you really are, the things he writes are constantly referring to this concept.

The fruit of Paul's teachings result in a Christian culture filled with Ted Haggards and Jimmy Swaggarts"
.ThumbsupBig GrinBowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
21-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Quote:You're clearly not an expert--or even interested--in the words of Paul and Jesus as in the NT

Don't worry about that, Mark. I don't like fiction, either.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2015, 02:53 AM
(21-11-2015 07:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 12:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "But I've got a Batchelor of religious studies!!!Hobo"

He's attempting to argue from his own authority. Not only is this fallacious and stunningly arrogant, but his authority is laughable.

The post you made from John Shelby Spong is a great example of what an authority looks like. Spong accepts there are REAL problems in the bible and accepts them as real problems, he's made brilliant observations in how Christians should resolve these problems.

Someone like Q uses hermeneutics, an intellectual con game to attempt to deny and sweep away problems in the bible under the rug. This is what an intellectual charlatan does, not someone who is a serious thinker.

What Spong has to say about Paul is on the mark, he seemed to be a tormented individual that wouldn't reveal what his "thorn in the flesh" was, yet he authored the Christian religion.

I don't think it's any coincidence that there are so many repressed homosexuals that are a part of this religion, Paul's religion is a story of denying yourself and subverting who you really are, the things he writes are constantly referring to this concept.

The fruit of Paul's teachings result in a Christian culture filled with Ted Haggards and Jimmy Swaggarts.

The above is IMO totally on the money. Very well done.

BTW, where is Q? Has he scurried off to hide?

[Image: 7258955_f260.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-11-2015, 11:08 PM
(22-11-2015 02:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 07:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  He's attempting to argue from his own authority. Not only is this fallacious and stunningly arrogant, but his authority is laughable.

The above is IMO totally on the money. Very well done.

BTW, where is Q? Has he scurried off to hide?

[Image: 7258955_f260.jpg]

He has gone back to the hive to rest. And feed.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Apparently Q fed and rested.

Mark should show him this.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
25-11-2015, 08:30 AM
He's apparently having fantasies:

Quote:I want to debate you in an academic setting at a secular university, where both faculty can challenge your ill-conceived understandings of classic scholarship and Bible history and where students will note by boos and hisses when you lose control and make ad homs and vicious denunciations of my intellect.

I suppose he wants to be in an environment surrounded by other people on his side, that will roundly reject anything but his biased world view.

He's such a whiny little bitch, I just hope he eventually gets a clue and realizes that he will get no respect on this forum.

Condescension while being willfully ignorant will not get him very far around here.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-11-2015, 03:20 PM
"Are we done now" ?

Dude hasn't even started yet. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2015, 04:06 PM
(30-11-2015 03:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Are we done now" ?

Thumbsup

Yes. It is a shame he knows almost bugger all about the topic. Just like most Christians.Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
30-11-2015, 04:29 PM
(30-11-2015 04:06 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 03:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Are we done now" ?

Thumbsup

Yes. It is a shame he knows almost bugger all about the topic. Just like most Christians.Big Grin

He's trying to back out without admitting he doesn't have a response to the voluminous information you presented.

He certainly doesn't want to consider Paul is anything but a saint, but he's going to have to take it seriously to give a reasonable response - he can't do that, he's far too biased and egotistical.

All he can do is huff and puff and keep saying he's a "scholar".

I think you've showed that Paul was a charlatan and Q is a charlatan, it must be painful for him to be dragged along on this journey of self discovery. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-12-2015, 03:46 AM
(30-11-2015 01:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct, I refuse to answer those questions you pose that are off topic to the resolution at hand.

Are we done yet?

This one made my day. Holy ignorance batman. How could he say that none of the 40+ questions were on topic when they all either asked the question directly or could be used to support or refute the argument. Incredible. Just incredible what religion can do to a mind. I wonder how sharp he could be if he just got rid of that yoke.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post