Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread
Let's watch them debate and limit our comments to this thread. Might be fun.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread
Not historically accurate, but they are ancient history, case closed!

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I still don't know if TheFoolishTheist believes in a postmortem preservation of identity or not. Lacking that, I really don't know what to make of him.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
31-10-2012, 11:45 PM
(31-10-2012 11:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I still don't know if TheFoolishTheist believes in a postmortem preservation of identity or not. Lacking that, I really don't know what to make of him.

Thanks for adding the thread.

Are you talking about after being resurrected will those people retain the exact identity they had when they were living before they were resurrected? Because, I think that - and I can research this, 'cause I am not that familiar with the idea and could be wrong - but I think that unlikely to an extent. Many of those people will have gotten old, and will be young upon resurrection. I know this because sin causes the slow decay of death. The lifespan decreased exponentially after the flood, having to do with the water canopy being used to cause the flood.

However, I am pretty sure that there is scriptural support that we will recognize our loved ones during that time. That doesn't mean we will be exactly the same. That is, not necessarily so. What's an atheist like you so interested in such a possibility, anyway. Is it a joke I'm not aware of?
31-10-2012, 11:51 PM
(31-10-2012 11:04 PM)Near Wrote:  Not historically accurate, but they are ancient history, case closed!

Maybe we could get some ideas for discussion in this thread on that. I disagree with you about there being no historical accuracy. But I don't think the case is closed at all, we are always learning new information.
31-10-2012, 11:57 PM
This should be called the Peanut Gallery Thread. Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-10-2012, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 12:22 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-10-2012 11:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I still don't know if TheFoolishTheist believes in a postmortem preservation of identity or not. Lacking that, I really don't know what to make of him.

Thanks for adding the thread.

Are you talking about after being resurrected will those people retain the exact identity they had when they were living before they were resurrected?

Girly thinks you are are full of shit and juvenile if you think your self can somehow survive your death. That's bullshit. Ain't gonna happen.

(31-10-2012 11:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  However, I am pretty sure that there is scriptural support that we will recognize our loved ones during that time.

Fucking idiot. .. We ain't in no position to recognize shit at that point. 'Cause we fucking ain't no more. ... Fucking idiot.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-11-2012, 12:19 AM
(31-10-2012 11:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly thinks you are are full of shit and juvenile if you think your self can somehow survive your death. That's bullshit.

Fucking idiot. .. We ain't in a position to recognize shit at that point. 'Cause we fucking ain't no more. ... Fucking idiot.

Well, how the fuck do you know? I kinda suspect Girly doesn't know his man pussy from a fucking whole in the ground and beyond the possibility any more than anyone else, now do you?
[+] 2 users Like The Theist's post
01-11-2012, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 09:32 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-10-2012 11:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  However, I am pretty sure that there is scriptural support that we will recognize our loved ones during that time.

If there is no soul, and no afterlife, and the body is dead, and the "recognition center" in the brain, made up of molecules and cells, has STOPPED working, what the hell is there to recognize, and what is going to do the recognizing ? The woo woo sees a woo woo ? Apparently you haven't thought through the consequences of your denials very well, Davey. And you can't really expect atheists to accept the authority of a book cooked up by humans who had not experienced death, talking about anything. "Scriptural support" needs support. You have NOT established what that is, or how you decided FOR YOURSELF what that is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-11-2012, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 12:45 AM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2012 12:19 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly thinks you are are full of shit and juvenile if you think your self can somehow survive your death. That's bullshit.

Fucking idiot. .. We ain't in a position to recognize shit at that point. 'Cause we fucking ain't no more. ... Fucking idiot.

Well, how the fuck do you know? I kinda suspect Girly doesn't know his man pussy from a fucking whole in the ground and beyond the possibility any more than anyone else, now do you?

Nope. I sure as shit don't know, but I'd wager I've been considering it for a lot longer and more critically than you, bitch.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post