Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 01:28 AM
RE: Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread
(01-11-2012 12:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 12:19 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Well, how the fuck do you know? I kinda suspect Girly doesn't know his man pussy from a fucking whole in the ground and beyond the possibility any more than anyone else, now do you?

Nope. I sure as shit don't know, but I'd wager I've been considering it for a lot longer and more critically than you, bitch.

Do you think he meant the whole hole or just the whole of the ground? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 03:15 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(31-10-2012 11:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I still don't know if TheFoolishTheist believes in a postmortem preservation of identity or not. Lacking that, I really don't know what to make of him.

Thanks for adding the thread.

Are you talking about after being resurrected will those people retain the exact identity they had when they were living before they were resurrected? Because, I think that - and I can research this, 'cause I am not that familiar with the idea and could be wrong - but I think that unlikely to an extent. Many of those people will have gotten old, and will be young upon resurrection. I know this because sin causes the slow decay of death. The lifespan decreased exponentially after the flood, having to do with the water canopy being used to cause the flood.

However, I am pretty sure that there is scriptural support that we will recognize our loved ones during that time. That doesn't mean we will be exactly the same. That is, not necessarily so. What's an atheist like you so interested in such a possibility, anyway. Is it a joke I'm not aware of?

"Many of those people will have gotten old, and will be young upon resurrection. I know this because sin causes the slow decay of death. The lifespan decreased exponentially after the flood, having to do with the water canopy being used to cause the flood."

Ah! All is revealed! (Australian sarcasm)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
01-11-2012, 03:52 AM
(01-11-2012 01:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Do you think he meant the whole hole or just the whole of the ground? Consider

Censored spell checker, I need an expanded stupid checker. Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes The Theist's post
01-11-2012, 05:56 AM
(31-10-2012 11:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  I know this because sin causes the slow decay of death. The lifespan decreased exponentially after the flood, having to do with the water canopy being used to cause the flood.

All of our scientific knowledge shows that nothing in those two sentences can possibly be true.

Why do you believe such nonsense?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2012, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 10:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
edit: 0

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-11-2012, 08:44 AM
(01-11-2012 05:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:45 PM)The Theist Wrote:  I know this because sin causes the slow decay of death. The lifespan decreased exponentially after the flood, having to do with the water canopy being used to cause the flood.

All of our scientific knowledge shows that nothing in those two sentences can possibly be true.

Because your scientific knowledge has failed me many times and the Bible never has. Your scientific knowledge can't explain why, if our cells keep renewing themselves, why we should die.
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
(01-11-2012 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The fact that animals die, who obviously don't "sin", and that dinosaurs got cancer BEFORE any possible "Adam and Eve"

Animals were not created in the image of God to live forever.
01-11-2012, 09:02 AM
(01-11-2012 08:46 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The fact that animals die, who obviously don't "sin", and that dinosaurs got cancer BEFORE any possible "Adam and Eve"

Animals were not created in the image of God to live forever.

Because they weren't created...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
(01-11-2012 08:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Your scientific knowledge can't explain why, if our cells keep renewing themselves, why we should die.

Telomeres

No need to thank me.

01-11-2012, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 10:15 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-11-2012 08:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 05:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  All of our scientific knowledge shows that nothing in those two sentences can possibly be true.

Because your scientific knowledge has failed me many times and the Bible never has. Your scientific knowledge can't explain why, if our cells keep renewing themselves, why we should die.

Yes it does. You just don't know enough Biology and Genetics to understand why. Cells "renew", but not "perfectly". In fact each time they do renew, more genetic mistakes are compounded, and also the "non-perfect" replication is built in. Why do people get cancer, anyway ? The whole idea of looking at "life" from an individual's point of view is misguided ? It's not "about" individuals. It's about species. Death is a good thing, if specie survival, and adaptation is the goal. Individuals are supposed to die, in an Evolutionary system that works well.
This is like starting an education from Grade 1.
It's really getting old.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche