Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: Commentary on the Historicity Of The Christian Greek Scriptures Thread
(01-11-2012 08:44 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Because your scientific knowledge has failed me many times and the Bible never has. Your scientific knowledge can't explain why, if our cells keep renewing themselves, why we should die.
Still ignorant towards science, huh? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 10:17 AM
(02-11-2012 08:24 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm enjoying the debate however it seems as though the posters are being reversed by the forum. The last reply was likely from Mark but it appears in the theists name.

I wouldnt mind a correction by a mod to avoid future confusion.
This may have to do with Mark's computer. I think he's working on that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-11-2012, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 08:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
What a joke.

He is so unaware of the generally accepted state of scholarship, other than posting his ANCIENT outdated references from the 1800's (!!!!????), (how old is he anyway), and early 1900"s. *as if" scholarship had not advanced by leaps and bounds since those outdated eons past, that he can't even recognize generally accepted ideas when he sees them, and instead invokes his paranoia. This guy IS mentally ill. He can't handle the fight he picked. Mark is a VERY knowledgeable person. He underestimated him. I am an amateur with respect to the New Testament. Mark can take care of himself. The thing is, NO ONE on the planet would help The-Conflicted-Theist here, as NO ONE on the planet holds such bizarre views.

It is also immensely insulting to Mark that he has proposed that somehow Mark can't think for himself. As most of you know, when I came here, MARK was the one who greatly influenced ME to radically reevaluate my traditional mainline view of the New Testament. So actually if it were true, it's PRECISELY backwards. Mark taught ME. Hahahahahaha. Guess again Conflicted-Gay-Theist. Ya got it backwards. Mark is the expert here.

I will never debate him. He is THE ONLY person on the planet with his very very odd "off the wall" nonsensical crap, and it simply boggles the mind, how he came to these views. It speaks of mental isolation and an isolated neurosis.. It's like talking to the wall. This man actually said the other day there was a vault over the heavens. Weeping

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
(02-11-2012 05:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 10:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  As a matter of fact, it can. Google telomeres or apoptosis.
Only your ignorance has failed you.
See post #19 Rolleyes

Keep up, old man!
You didn't include apoptosis, you snotty little whippersnapper. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
(02-11-2012 10:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 08:24 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm enjoying the debate however it seems as though the posters are being reversed by the forum. The last reply was likely from Mark but it appears in the theists name.

I wouldnt mind a correction by a mod to avoid future confusion.
This may have to do with Mark's computer. I think he's working on that.
Jeebus! Really! Please see my redone reply.
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM
(02-11-2012 05:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a joke.

He is so unaware of the generally accepted state of scholarship, other than posting his ANCIENT outdated references from the 1800's (!!!!????), (how old is he anyway), and early 1900"s. *as if" scholarship had not advanced by leaps and bounds since those outdated eons past, that he can't even recognize generally accepted ideas when he sees them, and instead invokes his paranoia. This guy IS mentally ill. He can't handle the fight he picked. Mark is a VERY knowledgeable person. He underestimated him. I am an amateur with respect to the New Testament. Mark can take care of himself. The thing is, NO ONE on the planet would help The-Conflicted-Theist here, as NO ONE on the planet holds such bizarre views.

It is also immensely insulting to Mark that he has proposed that somehow Mark can't think for himself. As most of you know, when I came here, MARK was the one who greatly influenced ME to radically reevaluate my traditional mainline view of the New Testament. So actually if it were true, it's PRECISELY backwards. Mark taught ME. Hahahahahaha. Guess again Conflicted-Gay-Theist. Ya got it backwards. Mark is the expert here.

I will never debate him. He is THE ONLY person on the planet with his very very odd "off the wall" nonsensical crap, and it simply boggles the mind, how he came to these views. It speaks of mental isolation and an isolated neurosis.. It's like talking to the wall. This man actually said the other day there was a vault over the heavens. Weeping
Thanks for the nice things you said about me Bucky. Honestly though...I think we have all learned bucketloads from you...you never cease to amaze me with what you come up with. This damn computer business is frustrating...once again I apologise to everyone...please read my latest reply....its taken many hours and I'm in the dog box with Enly as a result LOL
03-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Fucking Mark, you fucked it all up. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
03-11-2012, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 06:48 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Deception in the early church
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rly+church

03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Another great Resurrection book.

Dr. Bernard Brandon Scott, "The Trouble with Resurrection, From Paul to the Forth Gospel", 2010, Polebridge Press
http://www.westarinstitute.org/Fellows/scott.html
Darbeth Distinguished Professor of New Testament,
Phillips Theological Seminary, University of Tulsa, OK
Member of the Jesus Seminar

03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
(02-11-2012 07:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually it HAS failed him, and countless others, in a sense.
It's not so much that it didn't do the "app for that" ignorance plug in, (god of the gaps),
or "explanation utility", but more that it was used as a "moral reference".
All moral laws in the Bible were appropriated from their culture, and thus are culturally, and morally relative.
In this case, the use of an ancient relative cultural moral paradigm has been used, and in so doing has had tragic
consequences. Human sexuality was not understood in Biblical times. This dude has essentially ruled out the possibility
of a meaningful human relationship, and accepting his own sexuality, secondary to his mis-perception of the origins and meanings of an ancient law code. It's really not the Bible's fault, as the authors of the day knew no more than their ancient Bronze Age cultures.
The failing occurs in the application of an ancient law code, based on ignorance, when there is so much more knowledge available today.
Wow! That is just so REAL! Well said!